223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««5678910111213   (13 in total)
  1. #181 / 241
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Would it be possible to have another style of uploading a neutral image.  Could there be tiling (as you have) and an entire image, similarly to how the fog works?

2. #182 / 241
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

How about truncated like in the Flash but a hover that will show it all?

+1

3. #183 / 241
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

Would it be possible to have another style of uploading a neutral image.  Could there be tiling (as you have) and an entire image, similarly to how the fog works?

The only way I can think of to get this to work would be to replace the fog image (which sits at the bottom of the view stack for Dual Layer boards) with a Neutral layer. The downside of this approach is that you would not be able to have Fog enabled on boards using this approach.

4. #184 / 241
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Edward Nygma wrote:

The only way I can think of to get this to work would be to replace the fog image (which sits at the bottom of the view stack for Dual Layer boards) with a Neutral layer. The downside of this approach is that you would not be able to have Fog enabled on boards using this approach.

Why couldn't a neutral layer sit below the fill map and on top of the fog layer and be tied to the fill map? Territory boundaries would be determined by the fill map (or board image if there is no fill map).

When the territory is player-owned or fogged, that area of the neutral-layer territory is rendered transparent.  Optionally, when the territory is abandoned, the neutral-layer territory can also be transparent.  

It's real early and I haven't had a sip of coffee so this could just be a dream (literally and figuratively).

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sun 6th May 05:57 [history]

5. #185 / 241
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

smoke wrote:
    AttilaTheHun wrote:
    tom wrote:

OK fair comment - these things are pretty easy to fix.

Re: the toolbar buttons on the top right - is the order proposed by weathertop the general consensus?

I agree with weathertop's suggestion though I think History should be first.  I'm guessing more players use that than the Board Explorer.

I would also prefer History first.

Me too

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

6. #186 / 241
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Can there be a "Capitals" button next to the "Continents" button that highlights which territories are capitals on the map?

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

7. #187 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:
    tom wrote:
    Edward Nygma wrote:

Why couldn't a neutral layer sit below the fill map and on top of the fog layer and be tied to the fill map? Territory boundaries would be determined by the fill map (or board image if there is no fill map).

When the territory is player-owned or fogged, that area of the neutral-layer territory is rendered transparent.  Optionally, when the territory is abandoned, the neutral-layer territory can also be transparent.  

It's real early and I haven't had a sip of coffee so this could just be a dream (literally and figuratively).

There's no way (that I can think of) to selectively render portions of the neutral layer transparent. The fill layer can either be filled with a color (to show it is occupied by a player), rendered transparent (to show fog) or filled with a texture (a neutral texture).

8. #188 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

Can there be a "Capitals" button next to the "Continents" button that highlights which territories are capitals on the map?

I agree this would be useful to show... just not sure another button is a good idea, I don't want to have too many buttons.

9. #189 / 241
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    M57 wrote:
    tom wrote:
    Edward Nygma wrote:

There's no way (that I can think of) to selectively render portions of the neutral layer transparent. The fill layer can either be filled with a color (to show it is occupied by a player), rendered transparent (to show fog) or filled with a texture (a neutral texture).

Would it be possible to pull the texture from it's coordinates on another image?  So instead of tiling from the top left of the tile, texture from the top left of the entire board?  Then if the texture is large enough it would fill based on the location of the territory.  I don't know if this is possible, but logically it seems so.

10. #190 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:
    Would it be possible to pull the texture from it's coordinates on another image?  So instead of tiling from the top left of the tile, texture from the top left of the entire board?  Then if the texture is large enough it would fill based on the location of the territory.  I don't know if this is possible, but logically it seems so.

I see what you're saying but there's no way that I can find to do this using the library that I'm using.

11. #191 / 241
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    AttilaTheHun wrote:

I agree this would be useful to show... just not sure another button is a good idea, I don't want to have too many buttons.

How about tying it to the "Continents" or "Territories" buttons?  When clicked, any capitals on the board could have an Blue, Orange (pick your color) outline similar to when showing player-owned territories.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

12. #192 / 241
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm not a fan of the Card pop-up that requires you to click OK before navigating away from the Player page.

13. #193 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

after you end your turn? yeah, i agree. i liked it when it would flash and disappear...

but on a good note, the card button turned GREEN! when i had a set. woot!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

14. #194 / 241
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Fortify seems to be broken in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/144485.

It's another fortify to any connected board, so maybe it's a legacy bug. Anyhow, wanted to point it out.

XP/FF 12.0

15. #195 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

but on a good note, the card button turned GREEN! when i had a set. woot!

i spoke too soon. not sure what happened, but it was there i swear. now it's not...{#emotions_dlg.confused}

and now it's back...so it seems that if a card that makes a set is given to you at the end of your turn, the button doesn't turn green until some time later. don't know if it's cus it's now my turn or if enough time has elapsed (~10min)...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Wed 9th May 11:46 [history]

16. #196 / 241
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think the Rules window should be top aligned rather than middle.

17. #197 / 241
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I got a  NaN in this game:

http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/142463

I'm not sure what I did.  Maybe it was from placing units on a territory with zero, and then undoing that placement.  It's under the 'U' near the bottom of the board.

18. #198 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I'm not sure what I did.  Maybe it was from placing units on a territory with zero, and then undoing that placement.  It's under the 'U' near the bottom of the board.

Looks like it's fixed now unfortunately.

19. #199 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

after the win, the winning msg pops up, but the game board didn't update to indicate i took the final territory until i hit a reload.

http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/150429
    XP/FF11

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Fri 11th May 11:27 [history]

20. #200 / 241
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Ozyman wrote:

Looks like it's fixed now unfortunately.

Sorry.  I'll try to recreate and leave in a bad state.  I think it fixed itself once the unit count on the territory changed.  I attacked with the territory once, and it still said NaN (I think I didn't lose any units).  Then I attacked again, took the enemy territory (changing the unit count on the territory) and it reverted to the correct display.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««5678910111213   (13 in total)