229 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««5678910111213   (13 in total)
  1. #221 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

fog layer issue on this board: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Tower+Defense

in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/155874
    the little bonus indicators on each mine are not viewable, they're fogged over

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

2. #222 / 241
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

So I THINK I saw something broken with the new player:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/view/151754
    Board = Rescue
    I THINK (I need to wait for my turn to come around again to confirm), that when my turn comes up, if I open the game for the first time with the new player, then it gives me an army in the main tent, even if I still have guys down in the mines.

I saw it happen twice so far, but I figured Nygma had changed the board.  But then this turn I hit the button to play with the regular java player, and this time I didn't get the extra army.

3. #223 / 241
    Premium Member Slander
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

So I THINK I saw something broken with the new player:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/view/151754
    Board = Rescue
    I THINK (I need to wait for my turn to come around again to confirm), that when my turn comes up, if I open the game for the first time with the new player, then it gives me an army in the main tent, even if I still have guys down in the mines.

I saw it happen twice so far, but I figured Nygma had changed the board.  But then this turn I hit the button to play with the regular java player, and this time I didn't get the extra army.

It may not have anything to do with the new player.  I'm in the same game with Boris and saw the same behavior, but have never used the new player.  Maybe just a new bug in that board, unless Nygma changed it - but I don't think so.

So to be clear, I saw it twice and both times were with the normal player.

Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever.

4. #224 / 241
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Slander wrote:

So to be clear, I saw it twice and both times were with the normal player.

If that's true, then my theory could be ignored.
    I'll create another thread and reference the problem and point Nygma to it.
    Maybe he knows what happened??

5. #225 / 241
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Has anyone used the new player on an IPad yet?  How is that working for ya?

6. #226 / 241
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I certainly have.  On both an IPad and my IPhone.  Definitely functions properly, but a) it's a little slow to load board images and to process orders, and b) the buttons seem smaller (harder to touch accurately) than on a computer.  Maybe it's just my perception, though.

7. #227 / 241
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

I certainly have.  On both an IPad and my IPhone.  Definitely functions properly, but a) it's a little slow to load board images and to process orders, and b) the buttons seem smaller (harder to touch accurately) than on a computer.  Maybe it's just my perception, though.

..or your short stubby fingers.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

8. #228 / 241
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

[Weep]

I do actually have tiny fingers for a guy of my size.  6'1 over 200lbs, and I've got the hands of an 8 year old.  Smells like cabbage.

9. #229 / 241
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I've encountered an odd bug in this game, http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/155824.

I've got five cards, but when I click to trade them in, it still says I have five cards. I can trade in endlessly for 10 units each time as far as I can tell, but if I try to commit the orders an error comes up that (accurately) says I don't have enough cards for the trade. I've left my turn where it is for now so that this can be checked into.

FF 12.0, XP

10. #230 / 241
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

I've encountered an odd bug in this game, http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/155824.

I've got five cards, but when I click to trade them in, it still says I have five cards. I can trade in endlessly for 10 units each time as far as I can tell, but if I try to commit the orders an error comes up that (accurately) says I don't have enough cards for the trade. I've left my turn where it is for now so that this can be checked into.

FF 12.0, XP

Thanks, I've made a copy for review so you can continue.

11. #231 / 241
    Standard Member errorik
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I'd like into the beta if still open.

12. #232 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Version 1.20 Changes

• Cards tab show '...' to denote future card resets
    • Fixed bug with team reinforcements on boards with reinforcements to connected territories (e.g. Civil War).
    • Fixed bug trading cards when units have already been placed.
    • Fixed bug which allowed you to trade card sets more than onceReview orders popup aligns to left of screen
    • Highlight displayed order when reviewing orders and added 'A' and 'Z' keys to scroll up and down

The new player is live... see http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2540p1 for more.

13. #233 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

errorik wrote: I'd like into the beta if still open.

Everyone has access to this now - see http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2540/New_native_player_is_now_in_limited_Live_release

14. #234 / 241
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hi Tom,

Just saw the new beta, can you list the features/upgrades compared to the current?

15. #235 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Hi Tom,

Just saw the new beta, can you list the features/upgrades compared to the current?

You mean vs the existing player? These are the key differences:

1. Works on all browsers including mobile ones (esp. iPad / iPhone).
    2. You can review your teammate's orders in SimulGear games
    3.  Continent popup shows who owns which continent
    4. Continent and Factory bonus information is truncated with option to expand as needed
    5. Clicking on team name highlights team's territories on board
    6. Supports neutral textures
    7. Animated card GIFs
    8. Warn when switching out of placement phase with units unplaced and return to placement disabled

16. #236 / 241
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Awesome, thx!

I prefer the luck screen opening up on top of the existing board  instead of a separate window.  not sure how others feel about this or if it is a browser setting.

Suggestions:

1. On the main screen I would love to see what round it is.  When playing multiple games it is hard to keep track which games are just starting, which are in the critical mid-game, and which are in the end-game. 

2. Also , I would like to see the next card cash-in on the main screen, not necessarily the sequence.  But I always check this every time I go back into a game.

3. Would like to be able to sort the table on the main screen to sort by bonus, territories, and units.

4. I know this would be hard, but would love a button on the main screen to replay the last round (not last turn).  Replay from your last turn.

Whenever I start a new turn I do this sequence:

-Replay history from my last turn

-Figure out what round it is

- Figure out what next card set is

-Sort stats of other players, who is leader, lagger, most cards, etc

So, it would be cool if all this could be done from the main page, like a shortcut menu.

Anyway, i really appreciate all your hard work and upgrades Tom, thanks for the latest advances!

17. #237 / 241
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

SquintGnome wrote:

Awesome, thx!

I prefer the luck screen opening up on top of the existing board  instead of a separate window.  not sure how others feel about this or if it is a browser setting.

Suggestions:

1. On the main screen I would love to see what round it is.  When playing multiple games it is hard to keep track which games are just starting, which are in the critical mid-game, and which are in the end-game. 

2. Also , I would like to see the next card cash-in on the main screen, not necessarily the sequence.  But I always check this every time I go back into a game.

3. Would like to be able to sort the table on the main screen to sort by bonus, territories, and units.

4. I know this would be hard, but would love a button on the main screen to replay the last round (not last turn).  Replay from your last turn.

Whenever I start a new turn I do this sequence:

-Replay history from my last turn

-Figure out what round it is

- Figure out what next card set is

-Sort stats of other players, who is leader, lagger, most cards, etc

So, it would be cool if all this could be done from the main page, like a shortcut menu.

Anyway, i really appreciate all your hard work and upgrades Tom, thanks for the latest advances!

Good suggestions Squint - I'm also interested in the "Replay last round" feature.

As soon as the History is available I plan on using the JS player a lot more.  Right now I have to check history on the old player then switch over to actually take my turn in the JS player.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

18. #238 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good feedback thanks.

19. #239 / 241
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

On iOS with lighting games the counter works, but it's about 5 seconds off from the counter on my iMac ..when it's my turn.  When it's not my turn - the clock on iOS counts up (while the clock on the Flash player counts down). and never stops, because there's no indication when the turn changes.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

20. #240 / 241
    Standard Member Sun Tzu Jr
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Great job - it's working great on the iPhone and iPad.

The one recurring issue I keep running into is with the troop transfer pop up that appears after taking a territory. Often, it obscures the troop count on adjacent territories and there doesn't seem to be a way to move it. On fog games this is especially troubling, as it hides the reveal of the enemy strength and makes it impossible to know how many troops to transfer.

I love the red plus for listing additional bonus, it's much better than the old method

Otherwise, the new player seems a little slower, and it doesn't seem to always update the current turn counter by itself.

Again though, thanks for building this!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««5678910111213   (13 in total)