225 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««5678910111213   (13 in total)
  1. #201 / 241
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Sorry.  I'll try to recreate and leave in a bad state.  I think it fixed itself once the unit count on the territory changed.  I attacked with the territory once, and it still said NaN (I think I didn't lose any units).  Then I attacked again, took the enemy territory (changing the unit count on the territory) and it reverted to the correct display.

Thanks, that would be useful if you could leave it broken if you see it again.

2. #202 / 241
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Weird fog here in this one:

http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/149641

Looks ok in the regular player, but I will wait until tomorrow to go, so that you can get a chance to look at it.

Edited Sat 12th May 20:38 [history]

3. #203 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Looks ok in the regular player, but I will wait until tomorrow to go, so that you can get a chance to look at it.

Thanks, I have taken a copy of that game so you can go ahead and take your turn.

4. #204 / 241
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In this game : http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/151461

The Commit button is still active/clickable...think it would make more sense to disable this button since the moves are already locked.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

5. #205 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Version 1.19 Changes

• Continent and Factory bonus information is truncated with option to expand as needed
    • Card awarded popup now fades out automatically
    • Clicking on team name highlights team's territories on board
    • Fixed bug where transfers to a territory did not correctly limit the maximum number of transferable units
    • Fixed bug where player needed refreshing to display final move when winning a game
    • Card button turns green whenever player has a card set

Edited Sun 13th May 14:18 [history]

6. #206 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

This bug has been fixed.

7. #207 / 241
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

It looks to me like opening a game with the new player doesn't always clear the envelope icon (for new in-game messages) from the My Games list.  I know I went into one game 3 or 4 times and it never cleared, even with a refresh.

8. #208 / 241
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

It looks to me like opening a game with the new player doesn't always clear the envelope icon (for new in-game messages) from the My Games list.  I know I went into one game 3 or 4 times and it never cleared, even with a refresh.

This bug has been around for awhile even with normal player.

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2161/Game_Message_Icon#post_5

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

9. #209 / 241
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:
    BorisTheFrugal wrote:

I disagree.
    I think that problem was that BorisTheFrugal gets the an icon when BorisTheFrugal posts a message.
    And even when it did happen, if I went back into the player, the icon would clear.

The issue I'm saying is that when Ratsy posted a message, BorisTheFrugal sees the icon (normal behavior), but when I go into the player (with the new player), the icon doesn't always clear, until I use the Flash player to clear it.

10. #210 / 241
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:
    AttilaTheHun wrote:
    BorisTheFrugal wrote:

I disagree.
    I think that problem was that BorisTheFrugal gets the an icon when BorisTheFrugal posts a message.
    And even when it did happen, if I went back into the player, the icon would clear.

The issue I'm saying is that when Ratsy posted a message, BorisTheFrugal sees the icon (normal behavior), but when I go into the player (with the new player), the icon doesn't always clear, until I use the Flash player to clear it.

Oh ok yes that bug sounds different from the link I posted.

11. #211 / 241
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just tried out the "Review Team Member's Orders" feature in the new Player and this is a fantastic improvement! http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/152283

One suggestion I have on this is that after clicking on your teammate's name can the list of turn orders become a long, vertical list docked to the lefthand side of the screen?  Currently the list pops up in the very middle and I end up dragging it over to the left anyway.

EDIT:  Also, can you provide some kind of button or ability to scroll through the moves like when viewing the history?  Right now each move has to be clicked on vs. hitting a play button or using my keyboard arrows.

Edited Sat 19th May 08:42 [history]

12. #212 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

OK I'll update those.

13. #213 / 241
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I found a good one. I put my reserves on the board, but didn't apply them, then I traded some cards, and Player gave me my reserves back in hand and my card units, but didn't take back the ones I had already placed. So when I hit the undo button I ended up with -15/45 units to place, and the ability to put 60 units on the board, except when I tried to apply the 60 units it told me I had exceeded my reserves limit of 24. So I tried putting 24 on the board, and I couldn't hit the apply button (inactive), I'm assuming due to not having placed all my units...

So I reloaded player and it got unconfused.

Anyway, That was fun.
    http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/149377

14. #214 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

that's happened a bunch, you have to refresh the page to get the correct amount after trading the cards if you've already placed some.

that was messy, let me see if i can reword that:

yes, this happens often and i thought i already mentioned it (tho it might have been lost in the previous 10 pages!)
    - if you place units
    - then trade in cards
    - it resets the amount to be placed but doesn't remove those placed already (or more simply doesn't do the math to address those already placed)
    - the workaround: refresh the page - it'll remove those you've already placed and the math will be correct again

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #215 / 241
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Another one with that same weird fog.  Let me know when you get a copy of the game state so that I can take my turn.

16. #216 / 241
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Forgot to give the game ID:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/149641

17. #217 / 241
    Standard Member smoke
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman, the colors in your screenshot of http://www.wargear.net/games/view/149641 are offset 1 line down relative to the black borders. You might want to look at this in the old player.

18. #218 / 241
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Good lord smoke.  I thought you just meant they were offset by one pixel, which I think was brought up before, but it's much crazier than that!  Each territory is being colored with the color of the territory directly above it.  The territory on the top row get the colors from the bottom row.  When I click to try and place units, it places them on the territory above the one I click on...

I have to go tonight so that I don't get skipped, but I can wait a bit longer to give Tom a chance to look at it.

Here is what the map looks like in the old player:

19. #219 / 241
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

FYI - I still see this same problem in the beta player.  Tom, let me know if you need me to leave it on my turn so you can take a look.

20. #220 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

FYI - I still see this same problem in the beta player.  Tom, let me know if you need me to leave it on my turn so you can take a look.

Thanks, I have a copy of the game so you can carry on with it.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««5678910111213   (13 in total)