228 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««2345678910»»»   (13 in total)
  1. #101 / 241
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Personally I don't like it but I think it's just because I'm not used to it yet and I'm looking for the light grey all the time.  There are issues with neutrals and I have had them in the past so I think this is good even if I don't right at the moment.  If you expect a salient point you should have put (ERB) after your post stating Except for RiskyBack

If wars were won by arithmetic
    We'd be ruled by the mathematicians

2. #102 / 241
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like the idea of neutral having some texture as it opens up some kind of grey as an option for player colors.    Maybe this texture is too similar to the fog texture?  You could always make one of them go the other direction, or make it a cross hatch, or something.  Maybe an actually foggy texture:

http://ashensorrow.deviantart.com/art/Clouds-or-Fog-Texture-2-149736156

Also, I can't seem to find the button to launch the beta player.  I think maybe I never got added to the list, but it could be I'm just missing it.

3. #103 / 241
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Also, I can't seem to find the button to launch the beta player.  I think maybe I never got added to the list, but it could be I'm just missing it.

Ah yes - added you now.

4. #104 / 241
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

win7/chrome 18

This game:http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/123794

Unit counts vary in font color brightness and total count is obscured especially on the grown men

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

5. #105 / 241
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

win7/chrome 18

In this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/132891

The new player creates an extra line of color in between the squares (there is already a line of white and it creates a line of black). This might be the same as the extra pixel of color that somebody mentioned before.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

6. #106 / 241
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

win7/chrome 18

After winning this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/146828

and seeing the victory message, I was unable to use the page scroll bar to scroll down (not for the message, but for the webpage itself).  Using a 2-finger mousepad scroll worked fine but the scrollbar was not functional.

7. #107 / 241
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

What are all your thoughts on Neutrals with texture (lines). Keep it or revert back to the current way they are displayed?

I will not be using the default beta neutral texture for any of my current boards because the texture disrupts the semi transparent board layer images that I use.  It makes them look fuzzy when they are owned by neutral.

I guess the debate comes down to:

Do we make designers like myself install custom neutral colors/textures to override the current default (which I have no problem doing).

Or do we make it solid grey and tell designers if you want to use a solid grey player color you must install a custom neutral texture so that it looks different.

I am good either way.  To be honest I will probably install custom neutral textures no matter which way we decide to go.

Ad Extremum Omnia Sunt Limosus

8. #108 / 241
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I know this is more work for Tom, but how about a default set of neutral options, that are available for the map maker  to choose from?  If we can get 3 or 4 good ones that work for almost all maps it would go a long way towards helping have a consistent look between maps.

9. #109 / 241
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I'm with Ozyman here...I like creating more work for tom!

10. #110 / 241
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I know this is more work for Tom, but how about a default set of neutral options, that are available for the map maker  to choose from?  If we can get 3 or 4 good ones that work for almost all maps it would go a long way towards helping have a consistent look between maps.

I think three options would work.

Choose between:

Default grey

Default grey with texture

Custom

Ad Extremum Omnia Sunt Limosus

11. #111 / 241
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Revert back to the current way. Don't like the textured lines, especially when none of the player colors are textured.

Win 7/Chrome 18
    Can't see the board at all in this game at all, I can see the players and the neutral terrirories, but that's it:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/141101

12. #112 / 241
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Chrome 20/Vista

13. #113 / 241
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

My screenshot is HUGE!  I must have been overcompensating for something, sorry.

14. #114 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Version 1.16 Changes

• Neutral territory appearance now default to the same as the Flash player
    • Fog image now defaults to the same as Flash player
    • Fixed border issues for fill mode maps (parts of fog showing through / lines at borders)
    • Adjusted unit font (slightly smaller and denser now)
    • Fixed issue with missing background for some Single Layer boards (Battle USA, Notebook Paper Dungeon, Romanian Rumble etc)
    • Fixed issue with unit counts appearing behind the Board image for Dual Layer boards (e.g. Pangea: Rise of the Chimp / Pirates of Pangea etc)
    • Added actions for the Rules and Luck toolbar buttons
    • Fixed missing close button on Cards window

Hopefully this should resolve a lot of the issues about the look and feel of the playing area not being the same.

15. #115 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

"Fixed bug where Cards button did not change to green when you have a card set (Blue means you have at least one card, Green means you can trade right now"

i've got a set here that the button is still blue: http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/144477

(XP/FF11)

looks like a lot of the previous issues have been rendered moot!! nice job tom. i'll now have to wait on a turn to see how it feels playing and not just looking.

any chance to look at why it's not loading on a droid? would have been super useful on my business trip where i didn't have access to a PC in order not to have skips/boots.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Wed 25th Apr 17:40 [history]

16. #116 / 241
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I have been unable to do anything in the fortify phase using the Beta player (same problem for every one of my active games), though had no problem what so ever when I switched to the Flash player.

FF 11.0/XP

17. #117 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

any chance to look at why it's not loading on a droid? would have been super useful on my business trip where i didn't have access to a PC in order not to have skips/boots.

Could be tricky as I don't have access to one. I'll see if there are any online resources for droid browser emulation.

18. #118 / 241
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Any thoughts on when the History will be available in the new Player?

19. #119 / 241
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

X2 on the card button lighting up is not yet fixed.

Win 7/Chrome 18

20. #120 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

I have been unable to do anything in the fortify phase using the Beta player (same problem for every one of my active games), though had no problem what so ever when I switched to the Flash player.

FF 11.0/XP

ditto

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««2345678910»»»   (13 in total)