1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (13 in total)
  1. #1 / 241
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The new Player is now available for beta testing. The new version no longer uses Flash so has the advantage of working across all modern platforms, browsers and versions in particular now including iOS and Android so WarGear can be played on your favorite mobile or tablet. This also protects WarGear from future planned obsoloscence of the Flash platform as is expected by Adobe.

The new player has all the features of the old player (except History view, more on that later) plus a few small enhancements:

• Animated card GIFs
    • Customisable Neutral image tiles (i.e. not just flat color, can be an image background)
    • Click on player, team or continent name in player info bar to view corresponding territories on board
    • Warn when switching out of placement phase with units unplaced and return to placement disabled
    • Continent popup shows current ownership of each continent
    • Review teammate orders in SimulGear games

So far the Player has been tested and confirmed to be working on the following Platforms / Browsers / Versions:

PC
    Chrome 20.0
    Firefox 11.0
    IE 7.0 / 8.0 / 9.0

Mac
    =None=

iOS
    Safari

If anyone would like to volunteer to be a Beta tester for the new player please post here or drop me a PM, whichever you prefer. Once you are made a Beta tester you will have an additional button available to launch the Beta player instead of the regular player on the Game View page and an additional icon to launch the Beta player in your game lists. You'll still have access to the old player in case you find any bugs so there will be no risk to your gameplay.

The major ToDo item is a replacement for the History viewer. This will not be integrated into the game player but will be a separate viewer. The main advantage of having it as a separate page is so that you can view history alongside the game board allowing those with larger monitors or multiple screens to really use their extra screen estate. Enhancements planned for the History viewer are viewing of players stats in the game history (unit reserves / cards etc) and better support for flicking in between start of turn / end of turns.

If you find any bugs, please post them here.

2. #2 / 241
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Count me in..  Thanks!

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Count me in..  Thanks!

Added thanks!

4. #4 / 241
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Sounds great.  I'll test.

5. #5 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'll try on a device later, but on FF11, this game i'm unable to get to the cards to see what i have to turn in. there's an available turn in, but clicking on the cards button only shows what the card sets are worth.

that game doesn't seem to load on Droid version 2.3.4, updater says i'm all up to date. what other info you need?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Mon 16th Apr 09:57 [history]

6. #6 / 241
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Me too.

7. #7 / 241
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

For Border/Continent Info, how about adding a simple button/link that opens the Board Explorer as on the Board Page ( ie http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/World+War/Board%20Explorer ) in a new window?  Same for Rules probably.

Also can it show Territory Names like the Flash version has?

As said, Cards tab seems wonky.

*yawn* *stretch* time to wake up..

8. #8 / 241
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Few quick things I'm seeing.  Overall though awesome and functional!

Bugs:

Fill isn't working right in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/144680

SimulGear looks to break with Clear.  Place some units, hit Clear then hit Refresh and you can click to place more than you have in reserve (although the check at Commit prevents this from actually occurring).

Continents window doesn't highlight the continents in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/144680

Place some units, then click Undo All, the number of units placed count doesn't reset to 0 (it will fix itself when placing the next unit though).

Perhaps it's Chrome or something I'm running, but when clicking to place units, quite often the Player Info table below the board will highlight (as if I'm double clicking/drag highlighting down there), bugs me :)

Attacking window does not contain a Close option in the upper right (perhaps this is after you capture a territory as it appears the first Attack does have a Close button).

Features:

Apply button could look more "active" when available.

Hover over border arrows for Border/Dice info.

Edited Mon 16th Apr 10:23 [history]

9. #9 / 241
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Sign me up for testing if you need people

10. #10 / 241
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Both of these games won't load correctly.  It looks like the base map image without any of the players in the game.  Kinda like looking at a total fog map when you aren't in the game.

http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/143857

http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/143818

Also, I don't know if I didn't have any matching cards in my games, but is there still a visible sign when you have matches?  I didn't see any and I couldn't call up my cards by hitting the button, but admittedly I kept trying after I had already attacked and couldn't cash anyways and I don't know if that is a new feature.
    Oh, and it also would allow me to play any of my games when I first opened them, I had to go out and go back in and then it would work. 

Join the Cult of RiskyBack...it's fun and the Kool Aid is YUMMY!

11. #11 / 241
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sounds Fantastic!  I'd like to beta test. I have a kindle fire, ipod touch, and lots of different browsers on windows, mac & linux.

Edited Mon 16th Apr 11:27 [history]

12. #12 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

i'll try on a device later, but on FF11, this game i'm unable to get to the cards to see what i have to turn in. there's an available turn in, but clicking on the cards button only shows what the card sets are worth.

that game doesn't seem to load on Droid version 2.3.4, updater says i'm all up to date. what other info you need?

flash version does load on the droid, BTW.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

13. #13 / 241
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

Both of these games won't load correctly.  It looks like the base map image without any of the players in the game.  Kinda like looking at a total fog map when you aren't in the game.

http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/143857

http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/143818

same here: http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/142463

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

14. #14 / 241
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Message boxes and past messages aren't showing up either in any of my games.

15. #15 / 241
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    • Warn when switching out of placement phase with units unplaced and return to placement disabled

How do you get this?  As I didn't in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/136523

16. #16 / 241
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Could the beta player be having issues with single layer maps?  I can't play Notebook Paper Dungeon or Romanian Rumble and I know both of those are single layers, but I was able to take my turn in Rent is Due and Game of Hordes! which are both dual layer maps.  I dunno, just an observation.

17. #17 / 241
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I've seen some fog issues where it seems to load the fog image, then load the information on top of it.

18. #18 / 241
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

How do we test the custom neutrals in the designer?

19. #19 / 241
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm in, I can break anything!

20. #20 / 241
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

All volunteers have been added thanks. When reporting a problem, please list the following:

Operating System / Browser / Browser version e.g. XP / IE / 9.0
    Link to game e.g. http://www.wargear.net/games/playerjs/136523
    Steps to reproduce problem e.g. clicked on 'Attack' button and screen exploded.

Oh, and I'm also interested in performance. The new player seems slower in some respects (e.g. drawing lots of territories, displaying borders) but faster in others (e.g. load times). If you're seeing slow performance please tell me what spec hardware you are running on.

Edited Tue 17th Apr 05:50 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (13 in total)