228 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (17 in total)
  1. #61 / 333
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

(I didn't see either of these requests in the Enhancement Requests spreadsheet, but if it's already there, feel free to delete the post)

I know this list has run deep down a road of HUGE enhancement requests for game play/engines, but I have 2 small ones that seems like they could be easy to add:

In the player window, in the player list:
    1) I'd like the ability to expand the box so that I can see the full continent list for a given opponent.  In a game like Maze or Ants, where there are hundreds of continents, I'd like the ability to see everything that an opponent has.  Even if it defaults to only 1 line, that's fine, I'd still like to be able to see the full list.  And the reason why that would be nice is because....

2) I'd like to be able to click on a given bonus, and have the countries in the continent be highlighted.  We already do this when you click on an individual player's name, and a team's name, now I'd like to have it for just the continent bonus.  This is advantageous when you're way behind (a position I'm not wholly unfamiliar with) and you want to be able to see what are the biggest bonuses that a given opponent has so that you can make some precision attacks.

The information of both is available if you change windows away from the player to the game or board information tabs, but it would be nice if it was available in-game.

2. #62 / 333
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

+1

3. #63 / 333
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

4. #64 / 333
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+100

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #65 / 333
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

+100

You know now that you've used up 99 future votes.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #66 / 333
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

well when i get 1000 a month i'm good. :^)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #67 / 333
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

1) I'd like the ability to expand the box so that I can see the full continent list for a given opponent.  In a game like Maze or Ants, where there are hundreds of continents, I'd like the ability to see everything that an opponent has.  Even if it defaults to only 1 line, that's fine, I'd still like to be able to see the full list.  And the reason why that would be nice is because....

You can hover over the continent row and the tooltip will display the full list of continents for a player...although that is unclickable which still means you need request #2.

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

8. #68 / 333
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

You can hover over the continent row and the tooltip will display the full list of continents for a player...although that is unclickable which still means you need request #2.

Agreed, and I've seen that before.  The problem with this is when you need to go through each bonus that the opponent is getting, it's a hassle.  And given that the script exists to allow a given window to be expanded (example: when writing a long note on someone's wall), I'd love to see it applied to this same window.

9. #69 / 333
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This has been requested before and it was previously shot down as a very difficult request to fulfill, but that was long before the feature request list.  Maybe it can be added and implemented as it would be a great feature for the site.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

10. #70 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Unit Range Limits

Terms: 

Unit Range Limit (URange): URange is a global setting that specifies the maximum number of territories any given army may leave in a single turn. Default = Unlimited

Movement Cost (MCost): MCost is a global setting that is overridden by any individual territory MCost assignations.  The MCost of a territory is static and doesn’t change. The Default MCost specifies the “standard” cost for a unit or stack of units to leave any non-MCost-modified territory. The MCost of each territory on a map can be locally modified. – For instance, a mountainous territory on a map that has a Default MCost of 1 for each territory can be assigned an MCost of 3.  MCost Default = 1

Movement Count (MCount): This is a variable territory attribute that adjusts to keep track of territorys' incrementally accumulating Movement Counts as units move into them. 

Mechanics

Overview:

As a unit(s) leaves a territory, either as a result of victory in a battle or a fortification, the newly entered territory accumulates MCount. Once the MCount in a territory exceeds the URange, further attacks and/or fortifications initiated by units in that territory are denied.

Specifics:

At the beginning of each player’s turn, all Mcounts are set to 0.

Before units in a territory are allowed to attack/move, The Mcost and the current MCount of that territory are summed. If this number is less than or equal to the global URange, the attack/fortify is permitted.  This summed number then becomes the MCount of the newly occupied territory.

Exception: If the existing MCount of the newly occupied territory is greater than the above "summed" number, then the summed number of the entering unit(s) is disregarded (the higher MCount always takes precedent).

Generally speaking, the MCount of a territory doesn't change as units leave (usually there is at least 1 unit remaining). However, if a territory is abandoned in the process of movement, its MCount is reset to 0.

Visibility:

Hovering over a territory will reveal its MCost and current MCount. MCounts are hidden from opponents in fogged games.

Pop-up Attack and Fortify windows reveal the same information as above for the attacking/fortifying territory, but also include the current MCost of the territory being attacked/fortified.

An approximation of a territory's MCount can be ascertained by noting the transparency of a superscripted dot that is the same color as the unit # text to which it is attached.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    Edited Thu 14th Jul 08:11 [history]

11. #71 / 333
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Request:  There should be Charts available for each Board scenario.  e.g. Micro Mission charts for Simulgear, Stasis, etc.

Request: The Feature Request Google docs list should be searchable so I can see if a certain feature has already been requested.  If there is already a way to do this please let me know.

~ATH

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

12. #72 / 333
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

Request: The Feature Request Google docs list should be searchable so I can see if a certain feature has already been requested.  If there is already a way to do this please let me know.

There is Find (Ctrl + F).

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

13. #73 / 333
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

AttilaTheHun wrote:

There is Find (Ctrl + F).

That function seemed broken because I searched "Charts" and it returned:

9    Website    0.5    Add top ranked player to Board Info page        Completed

as well as ~7 other items that didn't have "Charts" in the context.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

14. #74 / 333
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

Request:  There should be Charts available for each Board scenario.  e.g. Micro Mission charts for Simulgear, Stasis, etc.

~ATH

Agreed to point 1 - added to the request list.

I like the meta-request for point 2, think this has been answered though :)

15. #75 / 333
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What if, once per game, each player could get a turn-timer extension of say 12 or 24 hours? It wouldn't take vacation time or anything, but would give people a bit of leeway to tide them over through an unexpected busy period. Thoughts?

16. #76 / 333
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think if you are going to do that, it might be easier to just give everyone a single free vacation day each month.

17. #77 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I think if you are going to do that, it might be easier to just give everyone a single free vacation day each month.

I'm tempted to agree with O.  If I have 10 games going, chances are if I need the time on one, I need time on all.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.

18. #78 / 333
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

My thinking was that some games are quick and easy to take a turn (like Vertigo or Horse), so you might have time for those, but need a little extension on something complicated like AnA or My Kingdom.

19. #79 / 333
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Is there still a plan to redesign the player profile pages? I think this would be nice

Grace and Peace to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Chirst

20. #80 / 333
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (17 in total)