224 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««34567891011»»»   (17 in total)
  1. #121 / 333
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I agree the public denouncements are getting out of hand... ideally I'd prefer emails but I recognise not everyone wants to make the effort.  I think a 'report cheating' link on the game view page with a text field to justify why you are making the accusation would probably make the system more accessible.

Once this is in place I suggest any threads denouncing cheaters should be deleted to prevent false accusations spreading and ensure privacy in the process.

Edited Sun 4th Sep 14:59 [history]

2. #122 / 333
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I agree the public denouncements are getting out of hand... ideally I'd prefer emails but I recognise not everyone wants to make the effort.  I think a 'report cheating' link on the game view page with a text field to justify why you are making the accusation would probably make the system more accessible.

Once this is in place I suggest any threads denouncing cheaters should be deleted to prevent false accusations spreading and ensure privacy in the process.

Hi Tom,

M started a thread for defining the system here:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1785/Process_for_outing_cheaters

Thanks,

~ATH

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

3. #123 / 333
    Standard Member Chogyam
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I know we did away with the chat since it was bogging stuff down.  What about embedding a chat widget to a 3rd party site like zoho or google or aim or something? 

Would that still bog down this site or would it be more on their side?

Maintain calm for clearer thinking.

4. #124 / 333
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Funnily enough I was just looking at reintroducing the old chat - now the site is on it's new server it shouldn't be an issue.

5. #125 / 333
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

woo-hoo!

6. #126 / 333
    Standard Member Chogyam
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Super saucy.

Maintain calm for clearer thinking.

7. #127 / 333
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

great

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

8. #128 / 333
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Funnily enough I was just looking at reintroducing the old chat - now the site is on it's new server it shouldn't be an issue.

do i get my old pink back too? {#emotions_dlg.yuck}

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

9. #129 / 333
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Enhancement Request:

A better system for handling bugs.

As I understand the current system, bugs are reported in the "BUGS! BUGS!" thread.  From there they are either a) immediately seen by tom and corrected or b) missed during the times tom isn't viewing the thread and they get buried by other issues/comments.

I'd like to see a system (preferably the same Google doc that is used to track feature requests) that is visible to users.  That way I can check a) if tom is aware of the issue and b) what is the priority/status of the issue.

It looks like at one point this Google doc was being used, but has since fallen by the wayside.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

10. #130 / 333
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ideally it would be integrated into the website rather than a google doc.

11. #131 / 333
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Feature Request:

For the Chatrooms window, can the "popout" function be added to the top righthand corner and indicated by an arrow (similar to Gmail's popout feature).

With the current setup, it gets lost (and accidentally clicked on) amongst the other lobbies.

Thx

12. #132 / 333
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Uh no, sorry. The chat feature has to mostly be taken as is, warts and all. It's a third party feature and too much hacking means pain down the line when it comes to upgrade time.

13. #133 / 333
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Request:  For tournaments, there should be a "Re-join" option.  I declined this tournament: http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/493

but then thought better of it and tried to join a team.  It did not allow me to join a team.  The option to Create a new team was available, however.

14. #134 / 333
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:

Request:  For tournaments, there should be a "Re-join" option.  I declined this tournament: http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/493

but then thought better of it and tried to join a team.  It did not allow me to join a team.  The option to Create a new team was available, however.

Type the name of the team you want to join in the create team part and click join.  You will then join the team.  Not a fix, but a work around.

15. #135 / 333
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:
    AttilaTheHun wrote:

Type the name of the team you want to join in the create team part and click join.  You will then join the team.  Not a fix, but a work around.

Oh, good find!

EDIT: Note: Team names are case sensitive

Edited Tue 13th Sep 20:21 [history]

16. #136 / 333
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Sorry, I meant to mention: type the name in exactly as it appears.

17. #137 / 333
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Two small requests (modifications):

Could the instant notification location be specified by the user.  I would like the growls to appear on the upper left since I am constantly clicking on the right side for turns, forums, and designer and inadvertently click on these notifications.

Same for the chat, could the popup of who is on/off appear on the left or be customizable.

18. #138 / 333
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I know I've requested it before... but if it's not too difficult, it would greatly help my Competition map...

Could we add partial abandonment, or per-territory specification of a minimum number of units as 0, or 1?  Abandonment is necessary for some factory features, but it greatly changes the way the game plays.  I think it would make a lot of these new tools have a lot less impact on the way the game plays, while still adding useful, fun features.  It would get rid of a lot of "accidental abandonment" issues, as well as allowing certain locations to be reverted to neutral/empty, without having the rest of the map effected by abandonment.  Pretty please with sugar on top?  

I'm not sure if this is complicated to code or not...  To avoid confusion it could be classified under Abandonment On, Off, or Custom.  Under custom you could set a Default and a "per territory option" for immediate, end of turn, or never.  Then under territories you could have a 0, 1 or default menu pop up under for Minimum units, but only when Custom is selected.

19. #139 / 333
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

On the main page for (elimination) tournaments can the green rectangle that has the team name turn red for eliminated teams?  Would be cool to tell at a glance who is still in and who is out.

20. #140 / 333
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

+1 for Edward Nygma's suggestion.  As he says, with factories there are some amazing things that can be done, but require abandon, or some min, etc. to work right.  Then you have to set that for the rest of the map, even though you really only want it for the factory territories.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««34567891011»»»   (17 in total)