1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (17 in total)
  1. #1 / 333
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Current List of Feature Requests

Feel free to add more to this thread or start a new thread and discussion!

2. #2 / 333
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think it would be cool to have a design feature that granted players interest on troops stored in reserve. Say a sliding scale that you could set at a percentage. So, for example, if you have 10 troops in reserve at the end of your turn, if the interest rate is 10%, at the start of the next turn you get an additional 10 * 0.1 = 1 additional unit.

3. #3 / 333
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

I think it would be cool to have a design feature that granted players interest on troops stored in reserve. Say a sliding scale that you could set at a percentage. So, for example, if you have 10 troops in reserve at the end of your turn, if the interest rate is 10%, at the start of the next turn you get an additional 10 * 0.1 = 1 additional unit.

oooh  a fogged capital map with interest bearing reserves would be cool!

4. #4 / 333
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

I really like this idea too.  Gives more incentive for holding units in reserve other than the stealth/surprise attack factor.

5. #5 / 333
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In player profiles, in the "Board Rating" section, rather than having the reviewing player's avatar with each review (which is redundant AND redundant AND..), it would be much better to have a thumbnail of the board being reviewed.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 333
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

I also like this idea...I'm just curious how it would effect gameplay...there are already plenty of turtles out there.  I think it would have to be used in just the right type of game.

7. #7 / 333
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

In player profiles, in the "Board Rating" section, rather than having the reviewing player's avatar with each review (which is redundant AND redundant AND..), it would be much better to have a thumbnail of the board being reviewed.

+1, that'd be nice!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

8. #8 / 333
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Has it been suggested to add a chess clock feature to the real-time games so that all players could vote to pause the game clock, and all players can vote to restart the clock.  You could have restart votes expire after 10 minutes or so, so you can ensure all players are on and ready to resume the game.  You could also vote to change the play clock from real-time to 2 day with a unanimous decision.

9. #9 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Chess clock has been suggested.  I don't remember why it was nixed.

10. #10 / 333
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think it was added to the feature request list, but I could be wrong.  The vote to change to 2-day was not suggested.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

11. #11 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

This is just a thought, but it would be nice if the font size for the numbers that show unit count could be adjustable.  Maybe there could be something like Large, Normal, and Small.

I'm thinking of boards like this:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/2428/Board

..where a larger font would make the board that much easier to read (there's certainly room).  My original thought was that the font size would be global, but obviously it could be adjustable by territory too.  I could see a where font sizes could be used to show border mods, capitals, or some other feature about the territory. 

12. #12 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Oh yeah, and I'd like to formally request "adjustable restricted range for units" ..even though everyone says it's too hard to code ..I still want it badly, and I'm surprised there aren't others who wouldn't really like to have this feature as well.

13. #13 / 333
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Oh yeah, and I'd like to formally request "adjustable restricted range for units" ..even though everyone says it's too hard to code ..I still want it badly, and I'm surprised there aren't others who wouldn't really like to have this feature as well.

Does this mean just an adjustable minimum (i.e. not just 0 / 1 as presently) ?

14. #14 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

0/1?  We may not be on the same page.

To be specific, I'm thinking of a global setting that has the effect of putting a cap on how far a unit can travel on the board, including fortifies (which I'm hoping actually makes it easier). Think of it as a cap on blitzing range. You mentioned in this thread that you wanted to have some form of this in SG but it posed too many difficulties.  In SG I think I can see why this might be the case, but in regular WG you're not dealing with potential events, you're dealing with events that have already occurred, so I was initially thinking that with each move, the engine would simply look back at a log for a string of winning moves and/or fortifies that lead to its current position.

But then it occurred to me that there might be an easier way.

Tag each territory with a Move Count of 0.  If a player attacks from Brazil to Venezuela and wins the battle resulting in the occupation of Venezuela (or fortifies with "fortify to attack ON"), Venezuela's MC is bumped by one, effectively affecting all troops in that territory (even if some of them haven't moved in the case of a fortification).  If the player then decides to attack from Venezuela to Central America, the engine first checks Venezuela's MC against the Global Setting.

When MC = GS, the attack is denied.  At the end of the player's turn all MCs are zeroed out.

Edited Mon 20th Jun 07:42 [history]

15. #15 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

OK, I see the flaw in my suggestion, but there's an easy fix.

Assume there's a GS setting for a 2 territory range.

After taking Venezuala (which becomes tagged +1) the player is then allowed to attack Central America because 1<2.

Upon winning  and moving troops into Central A., CA then gets tagged with Venezuela's GS + 1, so now:

• Central A = 2  (All troops in CA can no longer move ..or fortify for that matter)
    • Ven = 1 (Remaining troops in Venezuela can still attack Argentina, after which Argentina's MC will be 2 and those troops will be stuck there for the remainder of the turn.)
    • Bra = 0 (Remaining troops in Brazil can still attack to Africa (and then Western Europe if they want) because they haven't moved yet. )

At this point, with every troop movement the defeated territory inherits the attacking territory's MC + 1, but we need to tweak this a little.

Consider that a player attacks to from T1 to T2, and also attacks from T3 to T4.  Then let's say he wants to fortify from T2 to T4 to increase T4s stack and continue attacking from there.

Assume GS = 2.

Before the fortify, T2 and T4 have MC's of 1 each.

After the fortify, T4 adds to it's existing MC T2's MC + 1 (so it doesn't just "inherit" T2's MC).

So after the fortify T4 has a new MC of 1 (existing) + 1 (T2's MC) + 1 (for the fortify) = 3

3>2 so further attacks are disallowed.

In this case the fortify was allowed because T2 had an MC of 1 at the time the fortify was requested. Notice that the MC of the target territory is not considered in determining if the fortify is allowed (although I suppose it could be).

Edited Mon 20th Jun 08:33 [history]

16. #16 / 333
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

On a somewhat related note, has territory specific minimum units per board been added to the feature request list?  AKA partial-abandon?

17. #17 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

On a somewhat related note, has territory specific minimum units per board been added to the feature request list?  AKA partial-abandon?

You want Global only? Don't you want a minimum units per territory on a case by case basis? Right now we got nothing.  There's only a maximum setting, and that's per territory.  Even max settings are currently not globally assignable. 

If you think about it, having a global setting could be confusing if you could already set them by territory because you would have apparent conflict (even if the technically one trumps the other).

Edited Mon 20th Jun 14:45 [history]

18. #18 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Re: My Unit Range request..

Unit range would necessarily be a Global Setting, but from there it makes sense to have individual territory modifiers. For instance, a +1 Move Count mod on a mountainous area would make moving into that territory cost an extra Move Count, effectively slowing down or even stopping (with a higher mod) the progress of those units by further limiting their range in that turn.

It could work one of two ways (or perhaps be toggle-able).

• You can move into the territory as long as the attacking territory has 1 MC remaining
    • You can only move into that territory if you have the extra requisite MCs that the mod is set to.

Edited Mon 20th Jun 15:02 [history]

19. #19 / 333
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote: Even max settings are currently not globally assignable. 

Bonuses, Limits and Dice section > Rule Maximum Units per Territory.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

20. #20 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    M57 wrote: Even max settings are currently not globally assignable. 

Bonuses, Limits and Dice section > Rule Maximum Units per Territory.

I stand corrected.  Actually, I'm sitting but..

..and I've even used it on some of my maps!

Edited Mon 20th Jun 16:13 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (17 in total)