223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #21 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The light grey color for waiting to join on the Rounds tab could be more distinguishable.

2. #22 / 69
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: Also, I'd like the Quit Tournament button moved, it's too close to the Tournament buttons (Players/Leaderboard/Games/etc.) and is there any confirmation box if it's accidentally clicked?

As it turns out, no there is not.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

3. #23 / 69
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: Also, I'd like the Quit Tournament button moved, it's too close to the Tournament buttons (Players/Leaderboard/Games/etc.) and is there any confirmation box if it's accidentally clicked?

Yep there is.

4. #24 / 69
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Quit or Cancel? Quit there is, Cancel there isn't. Although there will be shortly :)

5. #25 / 69
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote:

I'm just talking out loud here, but I think it might be nice if we had some tournament notification systems.

Ideally, you'd have preference settings so you could choose to be notified of creation when:

1. Particular board is used
    2. Specific host begins the tournament
    3. A set number (or percentage) of your "friends" have joined

There could also be a button on the tournament page that would allow you to send a PM to someone on your friends list and invite them to join with you.  This would be especially advantageous in team games.

I'm bumping my idea here up because I'd like to ask for an adaptation to it:

Instead of sending a message or email to a player when a tournament fitting the criteria is created, the tab would turn green for them.  I'm assuming, of course, that the current greenness is to be temporary.

So, if an "interesting" tournament is created and still open since you've last checked out the tournaments tab then it's green (or whatever color you'd like) for you, and then back to gray after you've taken a look.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

6. #26 / 69
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Using the tabs for notifications is a cool idea, could be used for other things too (messages in games maybe).

7. #27 / 69
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Using the tabs for notifications is a cool idea, could be used for other things too (messages in games maybe).

New board released could light up the Home or Boards tab.

In the end, all things are squishy.

8. #28 / 69
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Every time I post some vitally important pearls of wisdom the Forum tab could light up.

-John Hancock-

9. #29 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

11s, we WANT the tab to light up, right?

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

10. #30 / 69
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote:  There could also be a button on the tournament page that would allow you to send a PM to someone on your friends list and invite them to join with you.  This would be especially advantageous in team games.

I really really like this idea.  It'd be very useful for inviting people so we can get a tournament to fill up faster too.

I like the green message at the top of the tournament screen that reads "Please note that tournaments are currently a BETA feature so you may experience some bugs. If so, please report any problems on this thread."  But can we have something posted along with it that would take us to this thread for tournament suggestions?

Also, I know some people don't like sticky threads, but are we going to make this one sticky or make one for Tournament Feature Requests?

~StepOnMe - there's none like her!

11. #31 / 69
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good ideas Step - both done. Toaster I'll add that in also.

12. #32 / 69
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Any chance we could get a Message column on the tournaments list (like it is on the games list in between the Board Name and Options) so we could see when new messages have been posted on a tournament's main page?

Edited Sun 9th May 01:05 [history]

13. #33 / 69
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes will do.

Incidentally you can now sort by messages posted in your game list by clicking on the message icon in the header.

14. #34 / 69
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Yes will do.

Incidentally you can now sort by messages posted in your game list by clicking on the message icon in the header.

Yay!  {#emotions_dlg.clap}

15. #35 / 69
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Yes will do.

excellent, no more scrolling through all games.

16. #36 / 69
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

It would be cool if the host could put text underneath the trophies, kind of like there is under cards. While on the one hand, it's not that hard to place a name or text somewhere on the trophy image, it would be a nice if there was a standard look. Default might be the name of the tournament, but it would be nice if it were editable by the host.

17. #37 / 69
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Has any tournament been completed yet? I haven't see anybody with a trophy so I don't know what it looks like on the profile page. I would assume that it would say the map and tournament name somewhere but then again I also assume that beautiful women will find my obscure Family Ties references charming.

I hate to burst your bubble, but....no, wait, I actually quite enjoy it. Nevermind

18. #38 / 69
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Has any tournament been completed yet? I haven't see anybody with a trophy so I don't know what it looks like on the profile page. I would assume that it would say the map and tournament name somewhere but then again I also assume that beautiful women will find my obscure Family Ties references charming.

Now that you mention it, this would be good to know.  I just made a trophy with the name of the tournament on it.  I'd like to know what level of redundancy I'm engaging in by doing this.

19. #39 / 69
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I assumed it would be associated with a map and tourney name as well, but don't know that for sure.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

20. #40 / 69
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I think "The spys have it" tournament is almost done and Hugh has already won it so you can keep an spy on his profile.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)