235 Open Daily games
3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234   (4 in total)
  1. #1 / 69
    Standard Member AntiScourge
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

On the main tournament screen, show the number of players that have joined the tournament.

2. #2 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'd like an Open/Live filter rather than them separate, or IMO just throw the Open into the Live and Live Not Eliminated filters.

(Oh ya, I moved the thread too :P)

Edited Fri 23rd Apr 09:50 [history]

3. #3 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

On Player Profiles, have a Tournaments List tab that shows what Tournaments players are in. Perhaps the Player Stat of Tournaments will show some of this info once the tournament is complete, but I'm thinking of like being able to go to Risky's profile and see what Tournaments he is currently in.

Same for Board Info pages, have a Tournament list that displays all public tournaments being played or completed.

4. #4 / 69
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Agreed re showing number of joiners.

Yertle wrote:

I'd like an Open/Live filter rather than them separate, or IMO just throw the Open into the Live and Live Not Eliminated filters.

So you don't think it's worth displaying Open tournaments as a separate section?

5. #5 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

So you don't think it's worth displaying Open tournaments as a separate section?

Eh, ya I can see some would probably want them separate. But I would leave my filter to Open/Live since I consider them to be something that I will be playing in soon, then with being able to sort the Open from Live I don't think it's all that necessary to have Open as separate, but that is potentially just me.

6. #6 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

not sure i understand whats bein said here...

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

7. #7 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote: not sure i understand whats bein said here...

The "My Tournaments" list has filters of All, Open, Live, Live Not Eliminated, and Finished.  The only way to see Open tournaments (tournaments at the Join phase still) and Live tournaments (tournaments started) is through the All filter, but that shows Cancel/Completed tournaments too.  I'd like to be able to see only Open and Live in the same view.

8. #8 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm also really thinking there should be a restriction on boards available to start tournaments on. And that perhaps only Purchased boards should be available to start tournaments on (ie WF style). My real concern is that there will be 50 tournaments sitting there for 50 different boards (or many duplicates) forever since it is so open to creating tournaments.
    Perhaps purchasing the board makes it too restrictive, but not sure the Premium only restriction is enough (along with the only 2 in Open at a time).

9. #9 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    weathertop wrote: not sure i understand whats bein said here...

The "My Tournaments" list has filters of All, Open, Live, Live Not Eliminated, and Finished.  The only way to see Open tournaments (tournaments at the Join phase still) and Live tournaments (tournaments started) is through the All filter, but that shows Cancel/Completed tournaments too.  I'd like to be able to see only Open and Live in the same view.

dunno, the 'open' filter shows me 5 tourneys that i've joined under "My Tourneys" and 2 more under "Open Tourneys". 'live' shows me just the 2 'open' tourneys.

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

10. #10 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: I'm also really thinking there should be a restriction on boards available to start tournaments on. And that perhaps only Purchased boards should be available to start tournaments on (ie WF style). My real concern is that there will be 50 tournaments sitting there for 50 different boards (or many duplicates) forever since it is so open to creating tournaments.
    Perhaps purchasing the board makes it too restrictive, but not sure the Premium only restriction is enough (along with the only 2 in Open at a time).

i don't think the purchase is necessary. but then i'm biased on that topic anyway.

it might be hard starting tourneys for those not involved in the forums simply cus the tourney tab blends in up top. maybe if the open tables were integrated into the home page somehow (yet seperate from the open games list):

- Another list under open games (with similar style to the my turn/open games).
    - Another short list in between my turns and open games; basically saying there's X open tourneys, go here to see them...
    - mixed in with the open games, but with a big black 'T' similar to Dev games [my least fav option]

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

11. #11 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Add the Message column for Joined Tournaments and message stuff.

12. #12 / 69
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'm just talking out loud here, but I think it might be nice if we had some tournament notification systems.

Ideally, you'd have preference settings so you could choose to be notified of creation when:

1. Particular board is used
    2. Specific host begins the tournament
    3. A set number (or percentage) of your "friends" have joined

There could also be a button on the tournament page that would allow you to send a PM to someone on your friends list and invite them to join with you.  This would be especially advantageous in team games.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

13. #13 / 69
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

it might be hard starting tourneys for those not involved in the forums simply cus the tourney tab blends in up top. maybe if the open tables were integrated into the home page somehow (yet seperate from the open games list):

- Another list under open games (with similar style to the my turn/open games).
    - Another short list in between my turns and open games; basically saying there's X open tourneys, go here to see them...
    - mixed in with the open games, but with a big black 'T' similar to Dev games [my least fav option]

I think this is the most important thing. People aren't going to join these unless they're well-advertised on the site, which means placing stuff on the homepage.

14. #14 / 69
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

What if the Tournaments tab appeared in a different color whenever there are tournaments started that you haven't seen yet? Would it just be green all the time?

... danger zone! ...

15. #15 / 69
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

What if it were green for a few weeks while it is new, just so people notice it. I knew tourneys had been released and still had to look around for it.

... danger zone! ...

16. #16 / 69
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: What if it were green for a few weeks while it is new, just so people notice it. I knew tourneys had been released and still had to look around for it.

+1

-John Hancock-

17. #17 / 69
    Standard Member EnixNeo
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote: What if it were green for a few weeks while it is new, just so people notice it. I knew tourneys had been released and still had to look around for it.

+1

haha, that green thing worked.  I didn't notice tournaments went live until just a moment ago when I saw the green tab (then I randomly wandered into this thread)

18. #18 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: What if the Tournaments tab appeared in a different color whenever there are tournaments started that you haven't seen yet? Would it just be green all the time?

+1 for colored tabs!  Make the Forums a color!!!

19. #19 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It'd be nice to be able to get from the Tournament Game to the Tournament, perhaps the Hosted By row could be hyperlinked to the Tournament page.

Add the Message column for Joined Tournaments and message stuff.

Also, expanding on this, it would be nice to be alerted in the Tournament Games when new Tournament messages have been posted.

20. #20 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Also, I'd like the Quit Tournament button moved, it's too close to the Tournament buttons (Players/Leaderboard/Games/etc.) and is there any confirmation box if it's accidentally clicked?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)