Rank Posn

No tournaments are finished yet.

2. #42 / 69
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: 

StepOnMe wrote: Any chance we could get a Message column on the tournaments list (like it is on the games list in between the Board Name and Options) so we could see when new messages have been posted on a tournament's main page?

Yes will do.

Incidentally you can now sort by messages posted in your game list by clicking on the message icon in the header.

Since I'm not seeing the message icon on the tournaments list page, I was just curious if it was just me or if this just hasn't been implemented yet.  Thanks for all your hard work tom!  {#emotions_dlg.thumb}

~StepOnMe - there's none like her!

3. #43 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

now that we're oh so close to having trophies awarded, where would one look to see another's trophies? I can see *my* trophies on the main tourney page, but if for instance; i want to glare at asm's trophy for the first tourney created (with my CoD) and mumble not-so-sweet nothings while plotting future violence, where would i go?

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

4. #44 / 69
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Gear Wars Tournament will be over in 1 hour or less with BlackDog as the undefeated Victor is a Round Robin tournament against some people who know that map very well. I have to give him big props on that accomplishment.

I hate to burst your bubble, but....no, wait, I actually quite enjoy it. Nevermind

5. #45 / 69
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Indeed. I was very surprised at how well I did in that tournament... I find it very interesting that Risky is the only one in the tournament who has a fairly even record. Most people either won 6 or lost 6 =/.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

6. #46 / 69
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: No tournaments are finished yet.

One has now.

http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/1

But my trophy cabinet is still empty. Which I also realize cannot be accessed from a player page, only from the tourney page. Which makes it a bit pointless if nobody else can see your trophies.

It's a trap!

7. #47 / 69
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    tom wrote: No tournaments are finished yet.

One has now.

http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/1

But my trophy cabinet is still empty. Which I also realize cannot be accessed from a player page, only from the tourney page. Which makes it a bit pointless if nobody else can see your trophies.

Agree.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

8. #48 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Which I also realize cannot be accessed from a player page, only from the tourney page. Which makes it a bit pointless if nobody else can see your trophies.

which is why i posted #43

I am a man.
    I can change,
    If I have to...
    I guess

Amen

9. #49 / 69
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Sorry 'Top, I thought you knew... I don't read other peoples' posts

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

10. #50 / 69
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Would love to be able to see other people's trophies, and maybe even allow comments under each trophy on the person's page for everyone to see. Just a thought.

11. #51 / 69
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

If someone gets booted from a tournament game I think they should be booted from the tournament rather than just that game and then it fraks up all the brackets. In at least 4 tournaments I'm in, a player joined the day he started and never came back and so everyone has to wait for his autoskip and then autoboot just to start a game and that just gums up everything.

I hate to burst your bubble, but....no, wait, I actually quite enjoy it. Nevermind

12. #52 / 69
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'd say perhaps do 2 consecutive Boots, or maybe just 2 boots in the Tournament then boots him from the tournament.
    With the Boot at 2 days for Join, it would be nice to know that if you allow yourself to get booted once then you don't get knocked out of the whole tournament.

asm is a CYLON!!!

13. #53 / 69
    (. )( .) Boobies Electric Monk
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Is there a Tournaments section to the Forum in the works? I've noticed several threads popping up asking for people to join in the General section. Seems like a Tournaments section would be a good place for those.

I love Risky boards :)

14. #54 / 69
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Just wondering...how difficult would it be to allow a tournament host the option to go ahead & start the tournament with the current number of players who have joined?

I know when I was considering starting a tournament I figured not many would want to join. So when I finally created one I had it where only 10 players could join. I believe there are numerous tournaments that haven't started because they don't have enough players who've joined yet, so I think it'd be pretty cool if the above mentioned option was available to the tournament host to get things going if he/she feels the tournament has been on the "waiting list" for a while.

~StepOnMe - there's none like her!

15. #55 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

GRRRRREAT idea Step.

16. #56 / 69
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks step for calling it for what it is. I don't think stagnant tournaments has anything to to with lack of visibility. There just aren't enough people on the site who have bought into playing maps other than World/Europe. Further evidence can be found on the daily stats page.

17. #57 / 69
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Won't work I'm afraid - the starting numbers are set so that the draw works, without the right numbers you could end up with a lot of byes.

18. #58 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

but you could start it when you hit a lower number combination that would work.

For example, you're waiting for 16 teams of 3. You could start when you get 8. you would just have 3 rounds instead of 4, right?

19. #59 / 69
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

i don't disagree with Mongrel (or Step or Weathertop), but more visibility couldn't hurt - how about having the open tournaments show up on people's home page under the open games? There could be a setting in the preferences to not show these for people that don't have any interest in tourneys.

20. #60 / 69
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

sure go ahead and make an improvement on an already good suggestion. sheesh, next thing you know the guy who runs this place is going to be expected to try to implement something like this and have it done in the next few days...and all because he jumps on other problems/issues/ideas so quickly.

pah, i tell you. what's this world coming to?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234   (4 in total)