Rank Posn

Great work on the Tournaments by the way! Thanks Tom

In the end, all things are squishy.

2. #42 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Nevermind on my earlier post about the trophies. Didn't realize it was something you added after making the tournament. :P

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

3. #43 / 264
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

OK I made the following updates:

1. Limited max players to 100
    2. Disabled lightning turn limit
    3. Added extended turn limit
    4. Tournament hosts can cancel tournaments at any time (will see how this goes)
    5. Show tournament host on tournament view page
    6. Moved status to breadcrumb area and color coded according to tournament status
    7. Added number of players joined to tournament home page
    8. Fixed sort fields on tournaments home so they retain between views
    9. Highlighted Tournaments tab in green

thanks for feedback all!

Edited Fri 23rd Apr 19:05 [history]

4. #44 / 264
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I would like to lodge a formal complaint about the speed in which we receive updates and fixes around here.

I'm accustomed to a certain amount of whining and complaining that must be given before any particular action comes from it. I then have a second opportunity to whine and complain because the "fixes" to the original complaints usually only addressed 20% of the problems while simultaneously causing more new problems than were resolved, My ability to whine and complain while feeling smugly superior are severely being hampered here. Without things to complain about on the interwebz, my complaints now get voiced to my wife; with less than desirable results. I'm terribly vexed.

Sincerely,
    - Toaster

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.
    Edited Sat 24th Apr 04:51 [history]

5. #45 / 264
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote: I would like to lodge a formal complaint about the speed in which we receive updates and fixes around here.

I'm accustomed to a certain amount of whining and complaining that must be given before any particular action comes from it. I then have a second opportunity to whine and complain because the "fixes" to the original complaints usually only addressed 20% of the problems while simultaneously causing more new problems than were resolved, My ability to whine and complain while feeling smugly superior are severely being hampered here. Without things to complain about on the interwebz, my complains now get voiced to my wife; with less than desirable results. I'm terribly vexed.

Sincerely,
    - Toaster

I couldn't have said it better if I had a wife!

The Status is NOT quo

6. #46 / 264
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

The Trophy implementation is great. I love how you can click on the trophy on the tournament page and it expands in the center of the screen. I suggest you all click on the trophy for the Gear Wars: Tournament I trophy because you all are gonna be hard pressed to come up with one that is more sought after than that gem!
    Personally I believe it will take me to top me!

The Status is NOT quo

7. #47 / 264
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Sorry RB, your trophy may have the funny, but mine has lens flare AND is prehistoric.

-John Hancock-

8. #48 / 264
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Can we use gif animated images for the trophies?

The Status is NOT quo

9. #49 / 264
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

When joining the first game in the "Standard Risk Tournament", I got the error messages:

You have already joined this game

The Brown color has already been taken by another player

10. #50 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote:

A news section would be good, as long as it's kept current (let's not turn into the pathetic blog of ToS) and relevant.  I seem to recall that this idea was brought up and somebody volunteered Yertle to keep it up; I second the nomination.

News Page (in the Help) is possible, but I would be surprised if people just went to check there, my guess is they would be checking here and/or the Change Log anyway.  But I'm not against working on a New page.

I had tossed the idea to tom for an email, and I failed to deliver there so far, but it's still been on my mind and tournaments would be a great addition to it.  Perhaps I'll revisit that here soon and get something to tom.  I think a mass email would be very beneficial every now and then (2-3 monthsish maybe) with new maps/functionality and just a reminder that WarGear is here.

11. #51 / 264
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

In the Filter for My Tournaments, there are options for Live or Open, but not Live AND Open. I don't want to have to see finished and canceled tourneys in there, but do want to be able to see Live and Open games all at once.

... danger zone! ...

12. #52 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: In the Filter for My Tournaments, there are options for Live or Open, but not Live AND Open. I don't want to have to see finished and canceled tourneys in there, but do want to be able to see Live and Open games all at once.

Me too! http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/715/First_tournament_suggestion_after_Live!

13. #53 / 264
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Cramchakle wrote: In the Filter for My Tournaments, there are options for Live or Open, but not Live AND Open. I don't want to have to see finished and canceled tourneys in there, but do want to be able to see Live and Open games all at once.

Me too! http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/715/First_tournament_suggestion_after_Live!

Hrmm... well. I clicked the "leave feedback here" link from within the tournament "beta note". So I missed that whole exchange.

... danger zone! ...

14. #54 / 264
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I think I would like to see Trophies attached to the board itself, as a part of the map creation process, by the author (like a 5th card design); rather than attached to the tournament by the host.

... danger zone! ...

Edited Fri 23rd Apr 23:35 [history]

15. #55 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

Hrmm... well. I clicked the "leave feedback here" link from within the tournament "beta note". So I missed that whole exchange.

Good point.

16. #56 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

I think I would like to see Trophies attached to the board itself, as a part of the map creation process, by the author (like a 5th card design); rather than attached to the tournament by the host.

Ya, I was wondering which it should be.  Per Board makes sense, although it can be cool to have one per tournament.  Perhaps the Board one is a Default but the Host can add one that overrides?

17. #57 / 264
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

So, here's an interesting issue: I can join games in tournaments that I'm not supposed to join. When I look at other games in the tourney, as long as they haven't started yet I can just click join. I joined this one to test:

http://www.wargear.net/games/join/16197

Incidentally, I can't leave it, so if I could be removed that would probably be good. Thanks!

18. #58 / 264
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

In the Join Games window I am seeing a Game Name "Standard Risk Tournament [R1G8]" as an open game to join - when I hover over the colors Bengaltiger and ASM come up with the 3rd blank, but when I click on the game name I see Antiscourge is in there also (without a color) and a note that says "Sorry, you have not been invited to this tournament game." I am thinking that game should not be showing up in the Open Games window - thought it does have a T in the options column.

19. #59 / 264
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote: In the Join Games window I am seeing a Game Name "Standard Risk Tournament [R1G8]" as an open game to join - when I hover over the colors Bengaltiger and ASM come up with the 3rd blank, but when I click on the game name I see Antiscourge is in there also (without a color) and a note that says "Sorry, you have not been invited to this tournament game." I am thinking that game should not be showing up in the Open Games window - thought it does have a T in the options column.

..another problem in the same tournament.  Game R1G6 has not started, probably because sulzxx surrendered prematurely.

20. #60 / 264
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Another minor problem:
    In the rounds tab of the Standard Risk Tournament, I am in game one and I am listed there, but my name is grayed out, as are some others in different rounds.
    Same in the The Spys Have It Tournament.

By the way, the tournament system looks great.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (14 in total)