220 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««67891011121314   (14 in total)
  1. #181 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm not a fan of the restriction to only see 15 tournaments in the Open Tournaments section, I can get to the others only by Sorting but it doesn't look like there is actually any Game List settings that are honored.

2. #182 / 264
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It shouldn't actually possible to terminate a tourney game - which tournament is this?

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/16585

Its good we could terminate though, since the game is a stalemate.

3. #183 / 264
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Because I am AWESOME!

I was trying to start a team tournament and the drop downs for number of teams in game and number of rounds wouldn't show up so I just hit "Create Tournament" hoping for a error message that would make everything work and this happened.

Using this strategy will once again make me the best tournament player in Wargear History!

P.S. Sorry for breaking Wargear.....again

The Status is NOT quo

4. #184 / 264
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

HEHE....people can join the tournament!

The Status is NOT quo

5. #185 / 264
    Standard Member StepOnMe
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Because I am AWESOME!

I was trying to start a team tournament and the drop downs for number of teams in game and number of rounds wouldn't show up so I just hit "Create Tournament" hoping for a error message that would make everything work and this happened.

Using this strategy will once again make me the best tournament player in Wargear History!

P.S. Sorry for breaking Wargear.....again

Sounds very similar to what I saw when I tried creating a team tournament on the Clue board - refer to post #168 in this thread.

~StepOnMe - there's none like her!

6. #186 / 264
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

No! Refer to my POST!
    Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine!

The Status is NOT quo

7. #187 / 264
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: No! Refer to my POST!
    Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine!

slow-learner.jpg

-John Hancock-

111pma.png

8. #188 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wins this thread.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

9. #189 / 264
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: I'm not a fan of the restriction to only see 15 tournaments in the Open Tournaments section, I can get to the others only by Sorting but it doesn't look like there is actually any Game List settings that are honored.

I added page numbers and also preferences for the number of tournaments to display on the tournament home page.

10. #190 / 264
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I don't think that worked, tom. At first it was all only the open tournaments with page numbers and wouldn't let me hide them but now it is back to exactly how it was before.
    P.S. We need to try and promote these better because there are too many old and open tournaments and it makes me sad (since some of them are on my maps).

The Status is NOT quo

11. #191 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote: It appears that terminated games count as a loss, is this how the system should work?

OK so I think in League tournaments (i.e. the two that we already have, Round Robin and Swiss System) terminations are OK - they should be treated as a draw, both players get 1/2 a point.

For elimination tournaments I don't think terminations should be possible as you need to pick who progresses to the next round. I think if a termination happens then that would be the same as both all remaining players surrendering.

Alternatively perhaps in tournaments you could vote to restart the game instead of vote to terminate?

12. #192 / 264
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Seems to be working fine for me Risky? What exactly isn't working?

13. #193 / 264
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

How about Tournament Join/Invite Game pages (ie http://www.wargear.net/games/join/17423 ) show the Rank/Win/Loss record during that tournament rather than the player's board ranking outside of the Tournament.

14. #194 / 264
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I like the board ranking to be there, but both would be nice.

15. #195 / 264
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I really think we need to have some sort of email system for tournament invites. I was never a big fan of how ToS sent the invites based off of your past opponents but when players like me or Yertle joined a tournament and invited our list over 1000 people got invites and it usually filled up pretty quick. I had a Notebook Paper Dungeon tournament open for over 2 weeks and only got 14 people to join. Now I realize that it's not the most popular map out there but I'm sure there are 48 people who are willing to play it, they just don't know about them or something. We see from the stats that there are plenty of people that have accounts on the site and so I'm confused why tournaments just aren't filling up.
    I think a great majority of people rely on the email to login and take turns which is the exact opposite of most of the people who are active on the forums. I have my emails turned off but I'm almost always here.
    I don't know if a blanket email to everyone for every tournament is the way to go, and I have no other ideas, but I think there should be something. I know my RL friends will join tournaments but not Ranked games and they only join when they get an invite from email because that is when they think about it. They still play on ToS because of this.
    Anyways, those are my comments and I am sorry for not having a suggestion.

The Status is NOT quo

16. #196 / 264
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I don't have any comments so I'll fill in the suggestion Risky's lacking.

What about a weekly email with links to open tourneys?

Actually, on that note you could do a weekly/bi-weekly update email with all kinds of stuff in it. Links and names of open tourneys, site stats (most played board, most played new board, top CP earner for the period, etc, plus maybe a link to the charts page), link to 'Change Log' forum thread (or copy of any official posts made in that thread).

Of course players could opt out of receiving this email.

The best thing is all those things I suggested should be very easy to automate so it wouldn't actually take any attention from anybody to do each period. Although you COULD also include custom info like a personal note, a "highlighted" forum thread that seems like fun, or anything else. But it wouldn't have to be anything but automatic. And it would be a way to keep the players interested/active who are more into the PBEM style than hanging around the site all day like we do.

It's a trap!

17. #197 / 264
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Good idea Risky!!

It's a trap!

18. #198 / 264
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Good thinking Risasmky!

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

19. #199 / 264
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: I don't have any comments so I'll fill in the suggestion Risky's lacking.

What about a weekly email with links to open tourneys?

Actually, on that note you could do a weekly/bi-weekly update email with all kinds of stuff in it. Links and names of open tourneys, site stats (most played board, most played new board, top CP earner for the period, etc, plus maybe a link to the charts page), link to 'Change Log' forum thread (or copy of any official posts made in that thread).

Of course players could opt out of receiving this email.

The best thing is all those things I suggested should be very easy to automate so it wouldn't actually take any attention from anybody to do each period. Although you COULD also include custom info like a personal note, a "highlighted" forum thread that seems like fun, or anything else. But it wouldn't have to be anything but automatic. And it would be a way to keep the players interested/active who are more into the PBEM style than hanging around the site all day like we do.

I'm thinking asm really wants to write a weekly column in it.

"WarG-asm"  with tips, reviews, and favorite recipes..

20. #200 / 264
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I would gladly do that if asked.

It's a trap!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««67891011121314   (14 in total)