1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)
  1. #41 / 142
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: asm, you're my boy. thanks for going there when no one else would.

You know it's exactly what you expected of me.

I agree with "Cram-Chackle"

2. #42 / 142
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

They don't call you the muscle for nothing. Now I am a little ashamed about not posting some of the things I typed up earlier today and then didn't. You showed me up. So, with great honor, I say...

I agree with asm.

;)

Cram it.

3. #43 / 142
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Most of these posts are from today? Man, you board designers are crazier than I thought. Passionate, but definitely... nutty :)

I will always have fond memories of the fish, and I hold no grudge towards Steven, Sock Slider and all. A lot of great things happened over there and he had a lot to do with it.

Doom, I don't think there's any denying that there was some reverse engineering of WF features, but that's necessary for almost any creative endeavor. “If I have seen further than others, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants.” - Newton

Now, Steven being a giant, and Tom seeing further than others may be a silly analogy for an online dice game, but Tom does see further than Steven. I really believe that. That is why this site is the future; that is why we left for this place so quickly. It's going to be fun Doom - I don't think you'll wanna miss out. -H

4. #44 / 142
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

No, that is not me in my avatar.

I'm much prettier

5. #45 / 142
    Standard Member Killer
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

LOL.....All I remember is a post back on WF earlier in the year where everyone was saying how great WF was because we didnt have all the petty arguments, coarse language, and name calling that most other sites have. Seems that was true....we brought it all to WG :-)

6. #46 / 142
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Killer wrote: LOL.....All I remember is a post back on WF earlier in the year where everyone was saying how great WF was because we didnt have all the petty arguments, coarse language, and name calling that most other sites have. Seems that was true....we brought it all to WG :-)

Flawless Post!

The Status is NOT quo

7. #47 / 142
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

1 thread in a year and a half isn't bad though, and it should be expected in a "split" if people really feel strongly about the site(s).

8. #48 / 142
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Shut up, Yertle. Stop being such a nice guy with a professional attitude and all your common sense. This thread is for FLAMING!

Cram it.

9. #49 / 142
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: Shut up, Yertle. Stop being such a nice guy with a professional attitude and all your common sense. This thread is for FLAMING!

Cram it, you Grumpy Old Man.

10. #50 / 142
    Soot and Poo Cumberdale
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Wow. Is it warm in here?

11. #51 / 142
    (. )( .) Boobies Electric Monk
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

For what it may be worth, and it's probably not much to some, Steven did post an apology/explanation thread, with a promise for more attention.

I personally plan to be active at both sites. My Plus membership doesn't expire at WF for 2 more years (2012), so I'll still be in a few games here or there, and still up for testing and all that should anyone choose to invite me.

I do plan to focus most of my activity here though. I like the interface much better, even the play interface since I don't use the keyboard at all while playing, so I couldn't care less about keyboard shortcuts. I think the design interface is far and away better, and will allow for much better gameplay. I'm not a huge fan of the review system, since I prefer to just make, test and release maps, but I understand the reasoning behind it. I just wish it didn't have to be that way. I prefer things to be more relaxed and easy-going, and a review system seems a bit elitist to me. Perhaps that's not the correct word (elitist) but it's the closest I can think of. I can also see potential for abuse there as well. As much as people may say they will be objective and impartial, I'm sure that there will be bias. It's human nature, and I would be guilty of it if I were a reviewer, just as many others would.

At any rate, I'm starting to ramble, and that's never a good sign.

In summary, I like it here, and plan to stay active. I'm not sold on buying premium membership yet, but I'm sure I will probably end up doing so. Especially when this semester ends (2 weeks) and I end up sitting around bored, wishing I could design some maps. :P

The best signature ever.

12. #52 / 142
    (. )( .) Boobies Electric Monk
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

asm, I think you might be interested to see Doom's post in the apology thread, since you name appears there ;P

The best signature ever.

13. #53 / 142
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You know, it's funny. I definitely have mixed feelings about just walking away from Warfish. I spent a lot of time and invested a lot of energy there. At leats part of me wants to believe some of the things Steven says. But Doom's incredible classlessness actually makes it a ton easier to say screw 'em, they deserve each other.

And I will go ahead and take at least partial credit for that thread even appearing on WF in the first place. I can 100% guarantee that Doom used his little personal hotline to Steven to tell him about this thread, spurring Steven to finally poke his head out... once the loudest frustrations had already been aired elsewhere. Which neither one of them clearly have any plans to address.

14. #54 / 142
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hrm... I don't see any such thread.

Cram it.

15. #55 / 142
    Standard Member Killer
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Eghhhh, Just change your name and play both sites. This reminds me of church where the pastor didnt pick the carpet color you wanted or the choir robes that made you look good. Everybody here has tons of time and energy invested in WF, just stick it out a little longer, I am pretty sure KK or Steven wont care as long as you keep paying your memberships, besides maybe Steven is KK. (insert evil laugh here). Enough sounding like a therapist, let the flaming continue.

16. #56 / 142
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

To clear that up asm, I have actually been in communication with Steven for the past couple of weeks through PMs, and I recommended to him that he needed to get people involved this time around. It's pure coincidence that the thread occurred after this one. I'm sorry that's it's too late for some of you (and I do understand how you feel on the matter), but I'm willing to give him another chance.

17. #57 / 142
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

18. #58 / 142
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Oh, I see that some posts were removed. Well, very nice, I guess.

Cram it.

19. #59 / 142
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

besides maybe Steven is KK. (insert evil laugh here).

What a tweeeeeest!

Edited Wed 9th Dec 10:18 [history]

20. #60 / 142
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Let's just stop this. Who cares. Yes, it's been entertaining but let's all just move on. If you want to play on the other site, go right ahead....I suggest a nice game of Chimps in Space. If you want to play here, that's cool....I suggest a competitive and mind blowing game of Gear Wars: Episode I.
    Things were posted here that sparked a bunch of stuff........get over it. The other site started to bore me about a year ago but I had no other outlet for my creative energy and seemingly unlimited free time so I kept plugging away. Now I have an option and I like it here better. I'm not saying that this is better (per se) I'm saying that I like it here better.
    I have lots more personal attacks to throw around but I'm not gonna because I have maps to make, games to lose and parody songs to write. I invested a lot of time and energy into the other site but I'm not upset to stop playing there at all. I don't shed a tear when I stop using Google and went to Bing. I didn't wet myself when I canceled my Barns & Nobel membership because now I am exclusively a Kindle kinda Monkey.
    Fact: Evolution always happens
    Fact: Those that do not Evolve go extinct
    Fact: I find boxer briefs to be much more comfortable than regular boxers.

I'm RiskyBack and I'm just Risky like that.

The Status is NOT quo

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)