216 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)
  1. #101 / 142
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Wargear's First Movie!!!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5806417/

Hi-Larious.

2. #102 / 142
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I have to give credit to Steven. He gave me an excellent place to make maps, he initially was involved and hands on. I had never done anything like this before and it's now my college major. I have nothing bad to say about Steven. While he neglected his site for a while, I can assume that one has other responsibilities and I'm not ready to bail on the man, we owe a lot to him regardless of his upkeep. I don't blame people for leaving because this site is clearly more efficient and well updated, plus there's good communication and a positive community, but there are still things on Warfish that I prefer. Until Steven does wrong to me in some way, I'm not ready to write him off as the "bastard" you all seem to want to make him out to be. You all wouldn't even know eachother if it weren't for him and his site, I say you give the man a break.

3. #103 / 142
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Nygma, I agree to a point, but when he started fixing things things that were posted as issues in February and then asking "Has anyone else seen this?" I got offended. You want to make a website then you agree to certain responsibilities. You want to stop running the website, fine, shut it down or give it up.
    I don't feel as if I OWE Steven anything. Yes, he allowed me to have an outlet for some creativity and I also have never done any sort of graphical design before (most would say I still haven't) but I paid money for the ability to do that. I sold a few maps and he got money for that and then I used those sales to pay him more so he got pretty much all of it. Sure, it wasn't huge sums of money or anything but it was tangible and if you also take into consideration the amount of time I wasted at work making maps, either released or never finished, it probably cost my bosses quite a bit of money (screw those morons).

Steven taking a break is fine, make a post about being away (although 7 months is probably more like a pilgrimage or Walk-About). He left the whole site with stalled games and people coming to us, "the WarCore" to try and answer questions.
    Anyways, in the end, I left the site because I have a better option and if Wargear didn't start I probably would have found something else. There was nothing left for me on the other site.
    I'm a selfish, arrogant, egotistical Prick. I make no bones about it. The only thing that really matters to me is being funny and if that comes at the expense of somebody else, right or wrong, that's just the way it goes.

There is NO comedy without a victim.
    -The Gospel of RiskyBack

The Status is NOT quo

4. #104 / 142
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Nygma, I agree to a point, but when he started fixing things things that were posted as issues in February and then asking "Has anyone else seen this?" I got offended. You want to make a website then you agree to certain responsibilities. You want to stop running the website, fine, shut it down or give it up.
    I don't feel as if I OWE Steven anything. Yes, he allowed me to have an outlet for some creativity and I also have never done any sort of graphical design before (most would say I still haven't) but I paid money for the ability to do that. I sold a few maps and he got money for that and then I used those sales to pay him more so he got pretty much all of it. Sure, it wasn't huge sums of money or anything but it was tangible and if you also take into consideration the amount of time I wasted at work making maps, either released or never finished, it probably cost my bosses quite a bit of money (screw those morons).

Steven taking a break is fine, make a post about being away (although 7 months is probably more like a pilgrimage or Walk-About). He left the whole site with stalled games and people coming to us, "the WarCore" to try and answer questions.
    Anyways, in the end, I left the site because I have a better option and if Wargear didn't start I probably would have found something else. There was nothing left for me on the other site.
    I'm a selfish, arrogant, egotistical Prick. I make no bones about it. The only thing that really matters to me is being funny and if that comes at the expense of somebody else, right or wrong, that's just the way it goes.

-The Gospel of RiskyBack

What he said.

5. #105 / 142
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Jigen wrote:
    RiskyBack wrote: Nygma, I agree to a point, but when he started fixing things things that were posted as issues in February and then asking "Has anyone else seen this?" I got offended. You want to make a website then you agree to certain responsibilities. You want to stop running the website, fine, shut it down or give it up.

-The Gospel of RiskyBack

What he said.

Out of curiosity, who were you on WF?

6. #106 / 142
    Black Sheep Doom
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

RiskyBack wrote: Wargear's First Movie!!!

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/5806417/

Okay, I know I was the joke of that entire video, but it was pretty funny.

You can find me actively on Warfish.net.

7. #107 / 142
    (. )( .) Boobies Electric Monk
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Vataro wrote:
    Jigen wrote:

-The Gospel of RiskyBack

What he said.

Out of curiosity, who were you on WF?

http://warfish.net/war/browse/userprofile?pid=soel20080711184659

He's the one who made the Super Mario 3 maps, among others.

Is my title family friendly?

8. #108 / 142
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's funny, because that's who I had assumed he was, and I had always thought he was a friend of yours, Vataro.

9. #109 / 142
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Electric Monk wrote:

http://warfish.net/war/browse/userprofile?pid=soel20080711184659

He's the one who made the Super Mario 3 maps, among others.

Jigen is The Jigler?

Yertle is here.

10. #110 / 142
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Heh, I thought they might be the same but I wasn't sure. The names were just dissimilar enough to throw me off. :P

11. #111 / 142
    (. )( .) Boobies Electric Monk
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I thought so, I could have sworn I read that on here somewhere. I guess I could be wrong.

Is my title family friendly?

12. #112 / 142
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

there's a red line tracing the outline of where the bread ends at in the 'up' position that stays there when the bread is in the 'down' position.

i didn't notice it on the other forums, which is why it stuck out here prolly.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

13. #113 / 142
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    asm wrote: I don't see anything wrong with it at all.

there's a red line tracing the outline of where the bread ends at in the 'up' position that stays there when the bread is in the 'down' position.

i didn't notice it on the other forums, which is why it stuck out here prolly.

I assume talking about Toaster's avatar... but I don't see what your talking about :P

Yertle is here.

14. #114 / 142
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yeah, I don't see that either. And I looked close.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

15. #115 / 142
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

here's a quick (and crappy - but it works) screenshot.

http://picasaweb.google.com/onodlo/Warfish#5414982426321234514

Don't Taze Me Bro!

16. #116 / 142
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

17. #117 / 142
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote: here's a quick (and crappy - but it works) screenshot.

Funny. Mine doesn't look like that at all.

I agree

18. #118 / 142
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    weathertop wrote: here's a quick (and crappy - but it works) screenshot.

Funny. Mine doesn't look like that at all.

Mine either, at least in Firefox it doesn't.  In Internet Explorer 7 it does.

Yertle is here.

19. #119 / 142
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oh, that explains it. People still use IE?

I agree

20. #120 / 142
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

AAAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)