217 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««101112131415161718»»»   (23 in total)
  1. #261 / 453
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Gotcha, that makes sense.

2. #262 / 453
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've seen this in a few boards, shows up in the about sections.
    whenever you use a possessive apostrophe, you get this instead: "&apo"

3. #263 / 453
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

apo is greedy and likes to steal people's stuff.

-John Hancock-

4. #264 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

This board is in Review now, so why does it not display the Custom Fog on the Game Info page http://www.wargear.net/games/view/15834 but it does in the Flash Player?

5. #265 / 453
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Minor bug in the way that boards are sorted when the Points column is clicked on the Player Stats page. It appears they're sorted as strings instead of as numbers, so 2 incorrectly appears higher in the list than 12.

http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Norseman/Player%20Stats

Strangely, this only seems to happen for some players. The same bug is on bengaltiger's page, but not on Yertle's or asm's.

6. #266 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It appears everyone* has 0 boots/surrenders for a Stat, did this get wiped clean on purpose or accident?... Must be an accident because it doesn't appear Boots are being tracked/kept at all currently.

*everybody* = The 5-7 players that I am fairly certain had at least 1 boot and going from a game with a booted player to his/her profile and seeing the Boots at 0.

7. #267 / 453
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Norseman wrote:

Strangely, this only seems to happen for some players. The same bug is on bengaltiger's page, but not on Yertle's or asm's.

That's pretty funny, because I remember seeing someone talk about this in the forum and then looking at my own profile and thinking "huh, Tom must have just quietly fixed that at some point".

I noticed the boot thing this morning too. Pretty confusing. I had to doublecheck map details to make sure there weren't secret capitals or anything because I couldn't figure out what had happened to a player.

It's a trap!

8. #268 / 453
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's a weird bug that one - unfortunately the tablesorting script is someone else's code which appears to not allow natural language sorting (i.e. 1,2,3 not 1,10,2,3).

re: boots - they will be back, there was a change made to the way boots were stored in the database, to retrieve them means trawling through the gamelog for every single boot entry which means about 10 mins of server outage which I haven't scheduled yet :)

9. #269 / 453
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

In the flash player, board description tab, I have an extra horizontal scroll bar that shouldn't be there (text should wrap), and an extra vertical scroll bar on the outside of the player.

-John Hancock-

10. #270 / 453
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

In the board designer, new borders can be added with modifiers already in place. I think this happens when:

You use the modifier section to edit an existing border, say by changing the attack to +1.

Then you click back to the borders section and add a new border, it will add the border with the +1 modifier saved from the modifier section.

Expected behavior: no modifier should be used on new borders, since there are no settings for that in the border/add section.

-John Hancock-

11. #271 / 453
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

History Viewer does not work for me.

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/16269

Select Log View.

Click End of Last Turn.

Expected behavior: table shows the moves starting at the last turn.

Actual behavior: table is blank. Clicking the Step Backwards button a few times will start to populate the table but with moves 25, 24, 23 etc. until it shows the start of the game.

Sliding the move slider back and forth gives really bizarre results, with those same moves 1-25 shown seemingly at random and multiple times in a row:

-John Hancock-
    Edited Mon 26th Apr 17:16 [history]

12. #272 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: In the board designer, new borders can be added with modifiers already in place. I think this happens when:

You use the modifier section to edit an existing border, say by changing the attack to +1.

Then you click back to the borders section and add a new border, it will add the border with the +1 modifier saved from the modifier section.

Expected behavior: no modifier should be used on new borders, since there are no settings for that in the border/add section.

I tested this a few different ways and couldn't get it to happen... can you check again?

13. #273 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote: In the flash player, board description tab, I have an extra horizontal scroll bar that shouldn't be there (text should wrap), and an extra vertical scroll bar on the outside of the player.

Which game / board is this for?

14. #274 / 453
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    IRoll11s wrote: In the flash player, board description tab, I have an extra horizontal scroll bar that shouldn't be there (text should wrap), and an extra vertical scroll bar on the outside of the player.

Which game / board is this for?

This one: http://www.wargear.net/games/view/16269

It's a trap!

15. #275 / 453
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    (Flaky border mod behavior)

I tested this a few different ways and couldn't get it to happen... can you check again?

I created an new map and placed 5 territories, then Saved the board:

89163647.png

Select Borders, using Add and Single as the toggle selections.

Clicked on Red, then Black, then Apply to create a 2-way default border between red and black.

Repeated for black/blue, blue/yellow, yellow/green, then green/red.

Select Modifiers

Click red as source, black as target.

Select attack modifier of 1, click apply.  I get the following:

64605119.png

Reload map so I'm back to just territories and no borders.

Select Borders, using Add and Tether as the toggle selections.

Click on black as the Source.

Click on blue, yellow, green, and red as the targets.

Click Apply to create default 2-way borders between black and the other four.

Select modifiers.

Click black as source, any other as target select Attack mod of 1.

Click Apply, I get:

96943373.png

Reload, repeat same steps, this time using Add and Chain as the border options.

Add a circular chain of borders from red back to red using defaults.

Select modify, chose red as source and black as target, attack mod 1, apply:

52871723.png

Sorry. =]

-John Hancock-

16. #276 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Impressive 11s!

17. #277 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks - has been fixed.

18. #278 / 453
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I have to agree with Toaster.. stop fixing things so fast!

-John Hancock-

111pma.png

19. #279 / 453
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I have noticed a bug where if you start placing armies, then turn in cards, and place again you can place armies over the amount you should have. (Which I frequently do because I like to look first to see if I really need the cards.) There must be some checker in place, because you get a warning like "amount placed is over amount you should get". This is usually fine, but in this board:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/16198

I did not get the check even though I had placed 4 armies on mexico and 8 armies on Northwest Territories. (Placing 12 when I was alotted 8.) When I hit Apply my 4 armies on Mexico disappeared.

Would it be possible to go back to turn 298 so I can place my armies where I want them?

And then can things be fixed so you can't place more then you have when you do the trading cards in the middle?

Thanks -

(Sorry this is going up twice - but on my screen I get am seeing a garbled mess instead of a post - then there is a second copy written over it, but only about 7 characters wide and extends through the bottom of my screen. I would try to insert a picture, but I don't want to make things worse.)

20. #280 / 453
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

Wow - sorry that is a mess - I now see my post three times. I'm hanging my head in shame.

For what it's worth I just repeated the bug, but this time I placed armies, traded cards, and tried to place more armies. Then I tried to put more armies on the countries that I had already placed some and the number reset - so it seems the program wipes out the original placement, but the graphics are not updated (or backdated or whatever.)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««101112131415161718»»»   (23 in total)