217 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456   (6 in total)
  1. #101 / 116
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

In games with non-zero values for "Maximum Reserve Units", it's possible to place part of your reserves, hit Apply, and then be stuck in the Attack phase with unplaced units. I don't think the player should automatically advance to the Attack phase if you still have units to place. I will definitely be more careful in the future, but right now the behavior seems unintuitive.

2. #102 / 116
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm not sure what the fix would be - making the mistake you describe is also a legitimate strategy that I employ frequently on certain boards.

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

3. #103 / 116
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

It's only if the Map Maker doesn't have Return to Placement from Attack checked off in the rules. In a map like Smurfs you can do what you said and then go back to placement later and place your reserves. In fact, if you don't do that in Smurfs you are missing out on a major game feature.

I hate to burst your bubble, but....no, wait, I actually quite enjoy it. Nevermind

4. #104 / 116
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

The fix would be that the user has to select Attack and then make an attack before the Unit Placement phase is locked out (units left unplaced or not). That's the way that it works with Attack and Fortify in standard games: you can switch back from Fortify to Attack as long as you haven't fortified anything yet.

5. #105 / 116
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

True enough.

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

6. #106 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You also don't have to hit Apply for the Attack/Fortify screens. Apply is your extra click to get out of the Attack phase.
    I'm not a fan of extra clicks, and seems like Apply should help with this already.

asm is a CYLON!!!

7. #107 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Keyboard Shortcut Request:
    In the Free Transfer phase/window, allow the Esc key to be used like 0.

8. #108 / 116
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I think this belongs here....

Could the display for "borders" in the designer bechanged to look more like "scenario"

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/1169

Adding borders on this one is killing me. The circles cover entire territories.

9. #109 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote: I think this belongs here....

Could the display for "borders" in the designer bechanged to look more like "scenario"

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/1169

Adding borders on this one is killing me. The circles cover entire territories.

Seems like Test Fill on the Territories tab almost does this (just doesn't have units), but add something similar on Borders/Modifiers tabs to where the territory is Flooded with a + sign in the place of a unit number.

Of course the Circles covering the territories is also sometimes a great indicator of problems on the road ahead, since similar Circles will be potentially available during Attack/Fortify phases and may run into "covering" during gameplay.

10. #110 / 116
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

you get the circles when placing territories, it's good there, but for borders, the circles are a little obstructive.

11. #111 / 116
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ed, those are teeny-tiny, very scrunched up territories. Why not, you know ..make the tree bigger? It nowhere near fills up the board.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

12. #112 / 116
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

It fills the tent. The file size is actually just barely small enough to be uploaded and it just barely fits in the screen using full screen.

13. #113 / 116
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Not sure if this has been suggested but...
    Linked Capital: having a capital that can be setup to only include designated territories.
    Example: On the board "Castles" if all the castles were "Linked" to only the territories that are within each Country, then if your castle was taken over, you would be booted out of the Country but not eliminated from the game. All of the territories that you had in that Country would follow the capital setup (revert to neutral or assimilate) and if anyone else controlled territories with in that Country they would not be effected.

14. #114 / 116
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Another one, what if there was a option to have the fog layer float on top of the board image rather then under.
    Example: "Riskiest Catch" that way the crabs could have texture and still not be seen until you controlled them.

15. #115 / 116
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Currently, there it appears that there is no way to view the attributes of a specific border when viewing a board. There should be a way to view the information of a border, such as modifiers, and border type of a specific border. You used to be able to click one border, then another and view the information, but now if you try to click another territory, it just selects that territory and shows it's borders.

Jigen.gif

16. #116 / 116
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Jigen wrote: Currently, there it appears that there is no way to view the attributes of a specific border when viewing a board. There should be a way to view the information of a border, such as modifiers, and border type of a specific border. You used to be able to click one border, then another and view the information, but now if you try to click another territory, it just selects that territory and shows it's borders.

There is a tool tip the displays the border information when you hover over the border line.

Note, the exception being when borders are shown as Circles rather than Arrows, not sure that has been resolved to show the actual border information yet.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456   (6 in total)