234 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««111213141516171819»»»   (20 in total)
  1. #281 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

New Features

Added 'Ranking History' tab to each player's profile which shows all your ranking score changes.

"All" as in just Global Ranking Score movement, not on a per board basis anywhere (yet :)) right?

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

He has risen!

2. #282 / 391
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Great feature, I like to see that in the last 5 months I have lost 1000 points and I hadn't realized how many games I've lost.

Thanks Tom for all the hard work, you are really pushing out feature, fixes, and enhancements.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

3. #283 / 391
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote:

New Features

Added 'Ranking History' tab to each player's profile which shows all your ranking score changes.

"All" as in just Global Ranking Score movement, not on a per board basis anywhere (yet :)) right?

Am I right in thinking you are after access to each player's individual board ranking history from their profile pages (e.g. http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Across+The+Great+Divide/Ranking%20History) ? So make this accessible to all players?

4. #284 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Enhancement

Work mode is now tied to the computer (actually the browser cookie). So if you set work mode at your work computer and non-work mode at your home computer it saves having to switch back and forth.

5. #285 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote:

New Features

Am I right in thinking you are after access to each player's individual board ranking history from their profile pages (e.g. http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Across+The+Great+Divide/Ranking%20History) ? So make this accessible to all players?

Aye, FeatureID 35 on the GoogleDoc.

He has risen!

6. #286 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

New Features

- New rule added 'Auto Assign Factories'. If set to 'On' then if a player owns the continent that the factory belongs to but does not own the factory then the factory will be automatically assigned to the player.

7. #287 / 391
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

New Features

- New rule added 'Auto Assign Factories'. If set to 'On' then if a player owns the continent that the factory belongs to but does not own the factory then the factory will be automatically assigned to the player.

I don't think I'm understanding this.

So If I designate a Factory to be a neutral territory and then associated its production to a continent (that it is not a member of), when that continent is taken, the Factory converts to that player?  Including the neutral armies that started on it? What if that Factory territory is occupied by an opponent?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Wed 8th Jun 16:14 [history]

8. #288 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes the owner and units all convert to the player who owns the continent - even if the territory is occupied by an opposing player.

9. #289 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Yes the owner and units all convert to the player who owns the continent - even if the territory is occupied by an opposing player.

What if it's a Capital City or the opposing player's last territory?  Everything occur as if the new owner eliminated the other player?

He has risen!

10. #290 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ah no it won't do that at present, I need to add that.

11. #291 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What if Abandon is On with Retention Off or End of Turn and the territory is empty of Troops, will the territory be player owned with 0 units?

And what if this is SimulGear game so Player A gets the continent and therefore the Factory from Player B but Player B had an order to attack away from the Factory in a later order, that order is now gone right?

He has risen!

12. #292 / 391
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Good lord.  Yertle - can I hire you to think of edge cases for my applications at work?

13. #293 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

What if Abandon is On with Retention Off or End of Turn and the territory is empty of Troops, will the territory be player owned with 0 units?

The factory will have produced units so it will never have zero units at the start of the player's turn (unless it was left with zero units at the end of the last turn and production was not valid as it was not owned).

Yertle wrote:

And what if this is SimulGear game so Player A gets the continent and therefore the Factory from Player B but Player B had an order to attack away from the Factory in a later order, that order is now gone right?

The factory only produces at the start of the player's turn (when the bonus is calculated). So anything that happens during the turn (SimulGear or Turn Based play) is irrelevant to the Factory.

14. #294 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

Good lord.  Yertle - can I hire you to think of edge cases for my applications at work?

Yep he is good at this stuff!

15. #295 / 391
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

{#emotions_dlg.rofl} this makes me laugh.

and then i think about it, and that's pretty much my job here...then i don't laugh so much anymore.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

16. #296 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

The factory will have produced units so it will never have zero units at the start of the player's turn (unless it was left with zero units at the end of the last turn and production was not valid as it was not owned).

If it was abandoned by a player and thus turned to Neutral 0 it would be left with zero units, or in the case of SG when the attacking/defending players kill all of each others units the result is a 0 unit territory.

He has risen!

17. #297 / 391
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

However, at the beginning of your turn, the factory will kick on (assuming option is on) and you regain the factory with the new units.  Otherwise, the territory is now neutral with no units and the factory is off and is uncontrolled.  Am I missing something?

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

18. #298 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

However, at the beginning of your turn, the factory will kick on (assuming option is on) and you regain the factory with the new units.  Otherwise, the territory is now neutral with no units and the factory is off and is uncontrolled.  Am I missing something?

I believe/assume the territory would turn Neutral at the end of your turn or right after you took it over and then had 0 units in it (perhaps I'm not super sure about the second scenario there) though, so this would all occur prior to the beginning of your turn and the direct deposit of units. 

Ooooh, hmmm, maybe I'm thinking this wrong, so the player gets the factory at the start of his/her turn and not immediately when they take over the continent?  Perhaps that's where I've turned this around in my head.

He has risen!

19. #299 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes the continent ownership is only checked when the player starts their turn. If they own the continent then the factory territory is checked. Here's the logic:

• If the player owns it, units are produced
    • Else if Factory Auto Assign is on, factory is assigned to the player (i.e. seat changes) and units are produced
    • Else if it's a teamplay game and Team Factory Production is on and the territory is owned by a teammate then units are produced on the factory (but left owned by the teammate)
    • Else do nothing.

20. #300 / 391
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'm not seeing the "Auto Assign Factories" pull-down?. Where is it?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««111213141516171819»»»   (20 in total)