2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)
  1. #41 / 157
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Hmmm can you give it another shot (posting that is).

When you say board tables, do you really mean lists of games

2. #42 / 157
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Workin' now, and yeah I guess I mean lists of games.

3. #43 / 157
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I posted this in every Review Game that I am currently in, but in case you miss it there:

I am going on vacation for 10 days starting Wednesday. Unexpected or I wouldn't have joined so many review games. I've clicked surrender in every review game I'm in, please accept it to keep the ball(s) rolling.

Thanks. I figure by the time I get back, at the rate tom is adding stuff the direct neural-link interface should be ready.

4. #44 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Unless I'm dumb or my computer is dumb, I'm unable to navigate from the Review Boards tab back to the Boards List tab, even though a Link appears to be there (I can go through Board Designer to get there though).
    Minor thing and may only be me *shrug*.

Yertle is here.

5. #45 / 157
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Don't mean to interrupt this (of course, I actually do or I wouldn't have) but I have some questions about Review:
    A. Is it just one Pass and the map is open or does it take 2 or 3?
    2. Will we receive an email or something letting us know our maps are available for open play or will we just have to check the new maps section?
    III. Is there gonna be a review system for maps after the fact so that I can get angry and frustrated by the bad reviews and ignore the good ones because I am a bitter, negative primate?
    B. Is there gonna be a modding system or something for games with set territories so we can create a team version and if not will we have to re-release the map and go through review again?
    3. At the typing of this post, 11's has 111 posts in the forums, is there anyway we can just keep it right there because that's kinda funny!

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

6. #46 / 157
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

re III, I agree totally... I'm guessing this would be a headache to implement at this point because the framework isn't there at all, but I sort of miss the reviews from WF. Writing good ones and reading bad ones.

I agree with "Cram-Chackle"

7. #47 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Don't mean to interrupt this (of course, I actually do or I wouldn't have) but I have some questions about Review:
    A. Is it just one Pass and the map is open or does it take 2 or 3?
    2. Will we receive an email or something letting us know our maps are available for open play or will we just have to check the new maps section?
    III. Is there gonna be a review system for maps after the fact so that I can get angry and frustrated by the bad reviews and ignore the good ones because I am a bitter, negative primate?
    B. Is there gonna be a modding system or something for games with set territories so we can create a team version and if not will we have to re-release the map and go through review again?
    3. At the typing of this post, 11's has 111 posts in the forums, is there anyway we can just keep it right there because that's kinda funny!

A. Yes, one Pass or Fail is all it takes. The idea at present is that the reviewers discuss amongst themselves and with the designer to improve the board if needed as opposed to just saying 'FAIL' and rejecting it outright. If this doesn't prove workable then I may have to put in a formal voting system.

2. No, you don't but I'll add this in. But you should know from the review discussion which way things are going

III. Yes there will be.

B. Modding system will consist of allowing multiple possible starting scenarios. It's probably a fair way off given the list of other high priority stuff that needs to be done.

8. #48 / 157
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

RiskyBack wrote: 3. At the typing of this post, 11's has 111 posts in the forums, is there anyway we can just keep it right there because that's kinda funny!

I think he should shoot for 1111 posts, which is even funnier. {#emotions_dlg.spin}

9. #49 / 157
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think it is either awesome or disturbing that you all have come to accept me enough where my changing of point labels didn't even phase any of you, you just understood and moved on without any real thoughts about it.

Am I becoming too predictable? Should I crank it up a notch or two?

10. #50 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

LLOL

Yertle is here.

11. #51 / 157
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

SO...how does this review thing work? I see above that one 'pass' is all a review needs to open up the board for public use.

- So it has to be a unanimous fail to keep it from going public?

- Where is the pass/fail button? I don't see it on any of the tabs on the game itself.

- Do we get to see how others voted (not necessarily who voted what, but a tally of what the results of the votes have been? i.e. 3 pass/1 fail)? That way, once I figure out where the button to vote is, I can see if I'm the last one to vote.

- If someone has voted to pass the board / if someone has terminated the board do I still get the option to vote? Seems to me that I probably shouldn't (especially on a terminated game, noone should get to vote).

Don't Taze Me Bro!

12. #52 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Right now only one pass or fail is needed. I thought an informal system where the reviewers discussed the board amongst themselves and with the Designer would work better than a formal 'you need x% of the votes' type system.

The pass / fail buttons are visible if you go to Boards -> Review Boards. You can only pass or fail a board if you are one of the reviewers.

Happy to discuss ways we can improve the system, how do you think it is working so far Reviewers?

13. #53 / 157
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have no suggestions, but this system doesn't seem right to me. The winner basically gets to make the choice of pass or fail and I don't think you should be able to pass or fail a map until the game is completed.
    It's better than a system of letting anything on the site but it worries me a little bit about things that get failed if 1 person doesn't like it or passed if one person does.
    Yes, we reviewers are pretty straight forward and will say if something shouldn't be passed or if we have concerns during games but I don't know if that is enough.
    I'd like to see 2 people have to pass or fail it and if neither happens within a week of the game ending it automatically fails and the designer should get an email or something letting him/her/it know that it has been passed or fail so they know to make changes. Not everybody lives on the site like I do.

Speaking of which, I am not getting emails telling me about PM's or Inbox messages and this would really help in the Review process so if we are eliminated from a game we know to check it for further map commentary.

14. #54 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:
    Speaking of which, I am not getting emails telling me about PM's or Inbox messages and this would really help in the Review process so if we are eliminated from a game we know to check it for further map commentary.

This should have been fixed last night - can you go to your notifications page, check the settings are correct then hit save?

So you think a minimum of two votes to Pass or Fail a board?

15. #55 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

So you think a minimum of two votes to Pass or Fail a board?

Remember 1vs1 maps...

Yertle is here.
    Edited Wed 2nd Dec 18:10 [history]

16. #56 / 157
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Requiring two votes would certainly prevent certain confused reviewers (cough, cough... {#emotions_dlg.blush}) from accidentally giving a board the go-ahead. I would perhaps recommend that there need to be two more pass votes than fail votes to promote the board to live.

17. #57 / 157
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

In 1v1 I totally think there should be 2 votes so that would mean at least 2 games. Yertle and I have been playing Episode I non-stop for a few days to get it right again so I don't know for sure if he is the best person to pass it. Or perhaps that makes him the best person. I dunno.

I'm thinking about my maps getting passed and I know I make a lot of mistakes in things and sometimes they don't show in every game but they will eventually. Also, in Episode I, the borders are totally crazy and I need to explain them well. Having Yert say they are correct is one thing, having someone who has never seen it before understand them is something else entirely.

P.S. is the bug about the Board Desription fixed?

18. #58 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:  P.S. is the bug about the Board Desription fixed?

Nope... will try and fix that today.

19. #59 / 157
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: In 1v1 I totally think there should be 2 votes so that would mean at least 2 games. Yertle and I have been playing Episode I non-stop for a few days to get it right again so I don't know for sure if he is the best person to pass it. Or perhaps that makes him the best person. I dunno.

I'm thinking about my maps getting passed and I know I make a lot of mistakes in things and sometimes they don't show in every game but they will eventually. Also, in Episode I, the borders are totally crazy and I need to explain them well. Having Yert say they are correct is one thing, having someone who has never seen it before understand them is something else entirely.

P.S. is the bug about the Board Desription fixed?

I see where you are coming from... what about setting up a tester list (like doom did for the fish) that is outside of the review panel. that way when it hits the review panel most of the bugs will be ironed out. also i do think that the review panel should be there to look at a board in a "fresh" light, sort of like some one brand new to WarGear.  that way if it is a crazy map (yes Risky most of yours are fuckin crazy) then the reviewers wont be to familiar with the map and be able to suggest where any clarification is needed.

20. #60 / 157
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Great suggestion but when people ask me for clarification I usually get angry with them!

{#emotions_dlg.rofl}

What is this dude doing?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)