236 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)
  1. #141 / 157
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Any chance of being able to see the # of Dev. game played on a board at the time of submission to review?

2. #142 / 157
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Soooooo.......is there anyway that reviewers could get an email or something when a review game ends so if the map is set to go live someone can make it so? I won a review game and so I know to promote it but it's my map so I can't. I can start bugging the other reviewers because I'm me but other map makers who are not quite as big of a deal may not be able to do that or feel comfortable doing that. If the reviewers got a simple email saying "Review game has ended and is waiting for the decision to go Live" would be great. Also, don't let us turn them off. It would go out to the entire Review Board, even those that aren't in the game unless there is some way you can make it just go to those in the game.
    Thanks and if any reviewers read this I'm pretty sure Count Risky Must Die! is good enough to go live. In fact, I think it is good enough to win a Grammy, but those things are just all political.

The Status is NOT quo

3. #143 / 157
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Thanks to asm for getting Count Risky Live and I did get an email letting me know that it went Live and that made me very happy. I can't wait for the day that I am out in public and I get the email on my Blackberry and I do my "RiskyMap Boogie" dance for everyone!
    It's really quite something, you should see it.

The Status is NOT quo

4. #144 / 157
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:  I can't wait for the day that I am out in public and I get the email on my Blackberry and I do my "RiskyMap Boogie" dance for everyone!
    It's really quite something, you should see it.

It's the kind of thing you can never unsee.

Like your grandpa, but angrier.

(If you need help with map design, look me up via AIM @ cramchakle)

5. #145 / 157
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've updated the Board Review page so that it now lists boards under review instead of review games. You can click on the "Review Games" link at any time for both Submitted and Live boards to see the review games that were played for that board as well as who promoted the board to Live.

Hopefully this will make things easier for the review team... if not blame asm as per usual :p

6. #146 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: I've updated the Board Review page so that it now lists boards under review instead of review games. You can click on the "Review Games" link at any time for both Submitted and Live boards to see the review games that were played for that board as well as who promoted the board to Live.

Hopefully this will make things easier for the review team... if not blame asm as per usual :p

Very nice.  Only thing would be making sure that Map Designers know their Dev games can be accessed (relatively easily) by the Review team.

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

7. #147 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Very nice.  Only thing would be making sure that Map Designers know their Dev games can be accessed (relatively easily) by the Review team.

How do you mean? Like a note when the board is submitted?

8. #148 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

How do you mean? Like a note when the board is submitted?

I dunno, maybe I can just throw it in the Help.  Just to let Designers know that their private games may not be completely private (although probably all games should not really be considered private since people on the site can probably access all games).

But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

9. #149 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's only review games started via the board submit link that appear in that list, not regular Dev games that they have started with friends or whatever.

10. #150 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: It's only review games started via the board submit link that appear in that list, not regular Dev games that they have started with friends or whatever.

Ohhhh, gotchya!

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

11. #151 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: I've updated the Board Review page so that it now lists boards under review instead of review games. You can click on the "Review Games" link at any time for both Submitted and Live boards to see the review games that were played for that board as well as who promoted the board to Live.

So if something is Submitted but never goes Live and then is Unsubmitted, there's not a way to get to those games is there?

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

12. #152 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You mean you want to see review games on board that have been Retired?

13. #153 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: You mean you want to see review games on board that have been Retired?

For example the Spy vs Spy.  Now that it has a version 2.0, I can't get back to the Review game for the original.

What's Your Passion?

14. #154 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Gotcha. will fix.

15. #155 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Live board list of the Review tab needs Page Numbers to get to the complete list. I think changing your list setting would help see them all, and sorting differently can help you get to the all, but page numbers would be nice.

What's Your Passion?

16. #156 / 157
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Gotcha. will fix.

So I see there are two StarGear's in the Review list, should the first one that was terminated be Failed or would that have a negative impact on the new version?  If it is Failed is there any way to get to Failed Review maps/games?

What's Your Passion?

17. #157 / 157
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

As it's a different version you can safely fail the older (0.2) version, it shouldn't affect the 0.4 version

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345678   (8 in total)