215 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12345   (5 in total)
  1. #21 / 89
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

- I also think MD's low rating is not due to his skill, but because his behaviors make him public enemy number #1.

- I was turtling (only option i had from a losing position) and he chose to attack my stack regardless.

I think it's a bit of both.. he appears to just really be bad at this game.  I am also turtling in a Colossal Crusade game (I'm definitely weakest) and he (the second weakest) has now suicided twice against me for no apparent reason.

2. #22 / 89
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

An isolated event I would accept that. But time and time again he will single me out across multiple games.

Off Topic!

3. #23 / 89
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think he just doesn't like your Avatar. {#emotions_dlg.eek}

4. #24 / 89
    Standard Member Maximus Dirtbagicus
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

OMG, what a cry baby!

I did tell AD that he is favorite target because of the multiple whiny (bitch-like) messages left on my wall. Messages like why attack me?, can't we work something out? blah, blah, blah... These were posted well after plowing through my territories on a number of occasions to disrupt my bonuses, etc. I understand that this is a part of the game and how you win. What was I expected to do? Let it go and give up? There are only so many times one allows this to happen before altering their approach for certain games and opponents.

My actions targeting certain players on certain game boards is also legal game play. I have my favorite targets ,and I am sure that I am to some other players too. It makes sense to get rid of your strongest or most bothersome competition first does it not? This is a part of the game environment we play in, and I accept this when paying for my premium membership.

And later when he asked me not to join in my favorite games, I told him to either play something else (I will join all CC, CW, DCI, Pipe games I can), or just beat me. I like to get my money's worth for the premium membership. Alliances are also a part of the game, and not considered cheating on non-team games.

In a more recent post #19, AD did have 100+ isolated in Ft Smith on a CW board, which was a huge threat to my adjacent areas / cities in the mid west that I controlled. I used 149 units to take out his ~180 sitting there, allowing his board presence to be reduced to 30 units elsewhere. Should I have waited for an attack on my relatively poorly guarded cities on the Mississippi (15 max)? Hell no! One can look at the game history and see what really happened there - a legitimate threat put down enough where someone else eliminated AD before I could (not enough troops to finish).

If anything, AD should be banned for accusing me of cheating on these boards - a false accusation. I may ruffle a few feathers in the dialog in these games - but never cheat.

Good luck to all (except AD).

Edited Thu 18th Apr 18:38 [history]

5. #25 / 89
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote:

- I also think MD's low rating is not due to his skill, but because his behaviors make him public enemy number #1.

- I was turtling (only option i had from a losing position) and he chose to attack my stack regardless.

I think it's a bit of both.. he appears to just really be bad at this game.  I am also turtling in a Colossal Crusade game (I'm definitely weakest) and he (the second weakest) has now suicided twice against me for no apparent reason.

Black Dog had a 10-spot sitting next to my weakly guarded continental bonus area. I had to take out that build-up to protect my progress on that board. I would not call using 15 units to take out ~30 units adjacent to my areas suicidal. I was approaching total control of South Asia in that game and also held Japan-Korea bonus at the time. That was the reason for my move that was not apparent.

My board rating has bounced up and down on CC, I've held the number 5 ranking on it a few times.

6. #26 / 89
    Standard Member Min Lei
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

send this to Tom.

might help for a couple others who view the link to also ask Tom to clear this up.  time to live in a post-bullying world.  

7. #27 / 89
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

People were asking for proof, here is some that happened today:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/217902

I was turtling (only option i had from a losing position) and he chose to attack my stack regardless. I have been reduced from ~200 units to 30. Yet he didn't finish me off? My cards will now get grabbed by the next player. The game is totally thrown in their favor, just because he is determined to nerf me.

FYI people can't see this because there is fog & the game is still in progress.

Just sayin.

8. #28 / 89
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Black Dog had a 10-spot sitting next to my weakly guarded continental bonus area. I had to take out that build-up to protect my progress on that board. I would not call using 15 units to take out ~30 units adjacent to my areas suicidal. I was approaching total control of South Asia in that game and also held Japan-Korea bonus at the time. That was the reason for my move that was not apparent.

My board rating has bounced up and down on CC, I've held the number 5 ranking on it a few times.

I think you made some bad moves in that game, but I should not have come to the conclusion that I did.. I was just frustrated at the time.  I am also sometimes guilty of thinking that my style of play is more legitimate than others, and I am not always correct in this assumption.  Anyway I am sorry, I regret labeling you a bad player based off a single encounter.

9. #29 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Min Lei wrote:

send this to Tom.

might help for a couple others who view the link to also ask Tom to clear this up.  time to live in a post-bullying world.  

I have done.

I have little interest in discussing this with MD. I have I feel, reasonably asked him not to join the games I host as we obviously rub each other the wrong way. Yet he will join every game I host (of certain boards) and then target me to his detriment.

Taking a pre-game issue, an throwing the whole game is against the rules. This is pretty simple.

He claims to be "making the most of his membership". He can create/join as many games as he likes, he doesn't have to join mine. Pretty simple request I think.

Off Topic!

10. #30 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also, for the record, MD has NEVER beaten me... so claiming I am a sore loser is.. well, ridiculous. I am sore that he has repeatedly made me lose..

Off Topic!

11. #31 / 89
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote:
    Aiken Drumn wrote:

I was turtling (only option i had from a losing position) and he chose to attack my stack regardless. I have been reduced from ~200 units to 30. Yet he didn't finish me off? My cards will now get grabbed by the next player. The game is totally thrown in their favor, just because he is determined to nerf me.

Just sayin.

Speaking as someone in the game I can definitely say MD's play seemed suboptimal at best, and pretty clearly personal. Based on the numbers his cities were far from undefended.  Not too mention the 4th player who was outproducing all three of us at the time.  If I hadn't been able to cash Aiken's cards into a suicide run against player 4 the game would be his already. 

People will be able to judge for themselves soon.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

12. #32 / 89
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:
    Andernut wrote:
    Aiken Drumn wrote:

Just sayin.

Speaking as someone in the game I can definitely say MD's play seemed suboptimal at best, and pretty clearly personal. Based on the numbers his cities were far from undefended.  Not too mention the 4th player who was outproducing all three of us at the time.  If I hadn't been able to cash Aiken's cards into a suicide run against player 4 the game would be his already. 

People will be able to judge for themselves soon.

Again, this is a matter of perspective. The area I was protecting is still being held my troops (yellow). I belive the cities at 15 strength was a TOKEN DEFENSE WHEN COMPARED TO A BUILD-UP of 180 units which was discovered when attacking southward to expand my area of control. Turtling up is a resonable action to survive when surrounded, but it gets to a point when your neighbors will see a huge number as a potential threat and attack it as a means to protect existing held territory. I believe my action was justified and validated by the fact that as I am still alive in that game, and competitive with the other 2 players remaining - including itsnotatumor (white). It was not a suicide to the detrement of my being able to win the game as certain parties would believe. My borders with the 4th person were and continue to be stable / peaceful, which was another enabler to allow my attack on AD without unreasonable risk. I may have not won a game with AD yet, but there will be a first time.

13. #33 / 89
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote:

Black Dog had a 10-spot sitting next to my weakly guarded continental bonus area. I had to take out that build-up to protect my progress on that board. I would not call using 15 units to take out ~30 units adjacent to my areas suicidal. I was approaching total control of South Asia in that game and also held Japan-Korea bonus at the time. That was the reason for my move that was not apparent.

I think you made some bad moves in that game, but I should not have come to the conclusion that I did.. I was just frustrated at the time.  I am also sometimes guilty of thinking that my style of play is more legitimate than others, and I am not always correct in this assumption.  Anyway I am sorry, I regret labeling you a bad player based off a single encounter.

Thank you very much for your update and apology. I am sure we all have made moves on the field of battle that we wish could be undone. Even the most correct and obvious avenues for attack / expansion can be plagued with bad rolls, downturns in the luck index which make them look questionable. Good luck to you in future campaigns. 

14. #34 / 89
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:
    Min Lei wrote:

send this to Tom.

I have done.

I have little interest in discussing this with MD. I have I feel, reasonably asked him not to join the games I host as we obviously rub each other the wrong way. Yet he will join every game I host (of certain boards) and then target me to his detriment.

Taking a pre-game issue, an throwing the whole game is against the rules. This is pretty simple.

He claims to be "making the most of his membership". He can create/join as many games as he likes, he doesn't have to join mine. Pretty simple request I think.

I do not join his hosted games for the sole purpose of taking him out of contention. I try to win every game that I sign up for. To say otherwise is way off base and not true. If one were to review those records, this would be obvious. There were some games where we fought to control the same terrotory, but there was never any intent to exclusively target AD and nobody else.

Anyone should be allowed to join any public game. There is always the private game option where the host can invite players.

15. #35 / 89
    Standard Member 3EyedTitan
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Wow, from looking at this thread the only one who is getting unfairly treated is MD.  He explains he joins every game he can from the select maps.  The evidence that was put forth from AD doesn't have any weight, because from what I can see MD is doing pretty well in that game. This thread should get deleted immediately.

Cheating is defined as playing from multiple accounts, or using preconceived alliances. 

This level of bitterness is quite appalling to see on wargear.  You two should start addressing each other as fellow men and reconcile your personal issues.

16. #36 / 89
    Standard Member KillDawg
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

*Send spies to create confusion amongst my enemies*

please get a 20, please get a 20!

Never let the lust for power surpass the need for purpose.

17. #37 / 89
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

3EyedTitan wrote:

Wow, from looking at this thread the only one who is getting unfairly treated is MD.  

MD has done a good job of responding without resulting to name calling (for the most part :) ) and defending how he plays.  Good to see!

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

18. #38 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

3EyedTitan wrote:

Wow, from looking at this thread the only one who is getting unfairly treated is MD.  He explains he joins every game he can from the select maps.  The evidence that was put forth from AD doesn't have any weight, because from what I can see MD is doing pretty well in that game. This thread should get deleted immediately.

Cheating is defined as playing from multiple accounts, or using preconceived alliances. 

This level of bitterness is quite appalling to see on wargear.  You two should start addressing each other as fellow men and reconcile your personal issues.

Bitterness? You try having someone join every game you host (Of certain maps) and attack you until you lose the game. You try an rationalise with that person, get nowhere and still be zen.

I am more amazed you take his denials as proof. I DID try to sort this out rationally, all he did was delete my messages from his wall.

I don't know why you would think This is bullying. He has never beaten me! He has however, thrown my game several times by blindly attacking me. I am calling him out for that. 

Joining every game doesn't give him the right to attack me every time we come to the same map. I have tried again and again to talk to him yet I get these hollow replies. Simply saying "well beat him" doesn't work. I DO, but since he attacks me without logic, my game is thrown by then and its a fairly difficult position to win from. You try playing on this site, knowing every game you've already got a player gunning for you.

Off Topic!

19. #39 / 89
    Standard Member 3EyedTitan
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ok I know that I am coming from an outside perspective on this situation.  Try to bring up the issue with Tom privately and see what his thoughts are.  Going public with the situation isn't going to get you very far.

20. #40 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I did, zero response.

All I am asking now is for Maxi to either not target me, or choose to avoid the few games I host.. He is currently in over 1000.. I doubt my half dozen are really going to hurt him if he doesn't join.

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345   (5 in total)