181 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12345   (5 in total)
  1. #41 / 89
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

AD: Unfortunately, you and he are now at an impasse.  MD has made it known that continuing to berate him will not affect his behavior, continuing to plead your case publicly doesn't not appear to be amassing a lynch mob of the rest of the WG faithful, and Tom has not deemed this a punishable offense.

You might not be happy with any of the above outcomes, but that's the extend of the options you have.   Your point has been heard by all three parties: MD, the public, and Tom, and it doesn't look like any of the three are 100% behind you.

You're a good man, AD, and a fun friend/foe in this site.  Don't let this situation get the better of you.  If you really want to avoid him, maybe it's time to abandon those couple of maps that he plays until whatever initiated this situation blows over.

2. #42 / 89
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Why should I forced to play other maps? Hardly seems fair.  Why can't MD just avoid joining the games I host?

Off Topic!

3. #43 / 89
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Why should I forced to play other maps? Hardly seems fair.  

I merely suggested you making a choice to play different maps, no one is forcing you do anything.
    If you want to continue to play any map, that is your choice.

Why can't MD just avoid joining the games I host?

MD could choose to avoid joining your games, just like you could choose to play different maps.
    Both of you have choices you could make, and you are both free to make whichever decision best suits your preference.
    He has made it abundantly clear that he wants to continue playing in your games, which is his right.
    The only thing that you can do is decide if his decision will effect yours.

But making your argument to the masses, is both repetitive and futile.
    If you want him to change his decision, contact him privately and directly.
    Then accept his decision and move on.

4. #44 / 89
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Very nice post BTF!  And I was happy to see that Aiken & Maximus have joined a team tournament together.

5. #45 / 89
    Standard Member j-bomb
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

pppffftt! they joined a tourny on the same team!{#emotions_dlg.rofl}

anyway. this was a good thread to read. glad to see know one was hurt.

just another reason to keep me here and playing. you guys are gggrrreeeaaattt!

a little drool never hurt anyone:)

6. #46 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

But making your argument to the masses, is both repetitive and futile.

Not at all. After all this fuss do you think he could suicide against me now? I have achieve exactly what I needed with this thread. I have stopped him ruining my games any more.

If you want him to change his decision, contact him privately and directly.
    Then accept his decision and move on.

You really think I didn't try to resolve this by contacting him first?

Off Topic!

7. #47 / 89
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

AD: Unfortunately, you and he are now at an impasse.  MD has made it known that continuing to berate him will not affect his behavior, continuing to plead your case publicly doesn't not appear to be amassing a lynch mob of the rest of the WG faithful, and Tom has not deemed this a punishable offense.

You might not be happy with any of the above outcomes, but that's the extend of the options you have.   Your point has been heard by all three parties: MD, the public, and Tom, and it doesn't look like any of the three are 100% behind you.

I think there are more than a few people who support Aiken in this matter who are silent not because they don't think MD is guilty of bad behavior, but because they are waiting to hear from Tom some sort of ruling on the evidence. Due process and all that.

You say Tom hasn't deemed this a punishable offense, but if that's the case why haven't we heard from him?  Why hasn't this thread been closed or modified?

Also, just because people are not talking here doesn't mean talking isn't going on privately through the message system and in different games, or that talking wasn't already going on about this player before Aiken went public.

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

8. #48 / 89
    Standard Member 3EyedTitan
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

And I was happy to see that Aiken & Maximus have joined a team tournament together.

Now that's more like it!! {#emotions_dlg.clap}

9. #49 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I want it on the record, I joined his team. Because I want to get the most out of my membership.

Off Topic!

10. #50 / 89
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

I want it on the record, I joined his team. Because I want to get the most out of my membership.

Well played {#emotions_dlg.clap}

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

11. #51 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Maximus Dooschebag up to his usual tricks..

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/260059

Off Topic!

12. #52 / 89
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Aiken,

I think respect from this community for both you and Maximus Dirtbagicus has kept this thread alive for quite a while, but maybe it's time for this discussion to end? 

You have successfully aired your grievance and it has been heard and well considered by all. Some of us agree with you and some of us don't, but it's starting to reflect really poorly on both of you now.

The best thing to do is lobby for a solution through PM ing. I don't think your going to be able to solve your problem in the public forum. 

I mean that with all due respect too! Smile

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

13. #53 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You don't think I have tried to talk to MD? I started that way.. he simply deleted my messages from his wall.

All I am doing now is document when he does it. If Tom chirps up, i'll stop, but not before then.

Off Topic!

14. #54 / 89
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aiken Drumn wrote:

You don't think I have tried to talk to MD? I started that way.. he simply deleted my messages from his wall.

All I am doing now is document when he does it. If Tom chirps up, i'll stop, but not before then.

At this point I think the best thing for you is to use the link at the bottom of the game page everytime you feel MD enters into a game with a pre-conceived motive against you.  It would be hard to prove, but at least would flag it for one of the admins to look into.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

15. #55 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

16. #56 / 89
    Standard Member Sun Tzu Jr
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

How exactly do you see that as MD targeting you?  It looks like he actually chooses not to attack you several times and when he finally cashes in his cards you are the only person on his border.

17. #57 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

He could have attacked in any direction, he could have tried to gain a foothold back in the game, but instead he attacks until he has no units left to attack. It is a vindictive suicide run which ends his game, but destroys mine in the process.

Off Topic!

18. #58 / 89
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

This thread has gone on long enough. The airing of grievances is reserved for Festivus.

If you have a problem with another player in a game, please use the in game link to report cheating. If you think you are being harassed, please report it to tom via PM.

This thread is being locked. If the same topic comes up again, it will be swiftly moderated.

In your Face!

19. #59 / 89
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Posting in a locked thread.  "That's a paddling"

20. #60 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote:

This thread has gone on long enough. The airing of grievances is reserved for Festivus.

If you have a problem with another player in a game, please use the in game link to report cheating. If you think you are being harassed, please report it to tom via PM.

This thread is being locked. If the same topic comes up again, it will be swiftly moderated.

Does this forum even have moderators, or are you simply spouting off?

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345   (5 in total)