That is fine.

Off Topic!

2. #82 / 89
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Edit posts - but it will say 'Edited by xxxx' if that happens.

*Yertle abusing power*

Oh, it says it in the History link window, but not on the main post :P

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

3. #83 / 89
    Standard Member Maximus Dirtbagicus
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

There's nothing formally spelled out in the rules about taking a pre-game enmity into a game and deliberately sabotaging another player but it clearly constitutes unsportsmanlike behavior. However it's pretty ambiguous based on the evidence I've seen so I'm not clear that a ban is the correct course of action.

So, going forward I've blocked you both from joining each other's games. Hopefully that will be an end to the matter.

Tom,

I am good with your decision to double block.

The creation of games with my name and Inflammatory / libelous accusations in the title ("MD is a cheater" is an example) by AD must be stopped. Creating a policy to prevent this would be good for the members and the owners of the site from a legal perspective. While I do not intend to push the issue, others in the future may. If such a policy is implemented by the site, I would recommend a ban for multiple offenses (>1).

Thank you, MD.

4. #84 / 89
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Maximus Dirtbagicus wrote:
    tom wrote:

There's nothing formally spelled out in the rules about taking a pre-game enmity into a game and deliberately sabotaging another player but it clearly constitutes unsportsmanlike behavior. However it's pretty ambiguous based on the evidence I've seen so I'm not clear that a ban is the correct course of action.

So, going forward I've blocked you both from joining each other's games. Hopefully that will be an end to the matter.

Tom,

The creation of games with my name and Inflammatory / libelous accusations in the title ("MD is a cheater" is an example) by AD must be stopped. Creating a policy to prevent this would be good for the members and the owners of the site from a legal perspective. While I do not intend to push the issue, others in the future may. If such a policy is implemented by the site, I would recommend a ban for multiple offenses (>1).

Thank you, MD.

Is this still happening? If so let me know.

5. #85 / 89
    Standard Member Luieuil
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

A possible solution for this kind of problem is to block the enemy list from joining games from the host. That seems fair to me, as the host cannot withdraw himselve from a game he made.

"Battles are won by slaughter and maneuver. The greater the general, the more he contributes in maneuver, the less he demands in slaughter" - Winston Churchill

6. #86 / 89
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Luieuil wrote:

A possible solution for this kind of problem is to block the enemy list from joining games from the host. That seems fair to me, as the host cannot withdraw himselve from a game he made.

Normally I would have said that in the interest of fairness to the ratings - blocking should not be an alternative. But I believe this logic holds water; it has a reasonable balancing feel to it.

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.
    Edited Sat 27th Jul 13:15 [history]

7. #87 / 89
    Premium Member berickf
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Luieuil wrote:

I do believe that one can now withdraw from their own game if they don't like the crowd, or if it's a team game and you want to withdraw to rejoin it to be on a different team.  But, if one were feeling harassed it would hardly be fair to have them being chased from their own games even if withdraw is possible!

8. #88 / 89
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

berickf wrote:

I do believe that one can now withdraw from their own game if they don't like the crowd,

are you sure?

in a team game - I think you're right - Certainly, you can pull out of a team in a tournament by leaving the whole thing and then rejoin but in a regular game?

Card Membership - putting the power of factories in your hand.

9. #89 / 89
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Maximus Dirtbagicus wrote:
    tom wrote:

Tom,

Thank you, MD.

Is this still happening? If so let me know.

Nope, don't know why he has dug this up again.. your solution worked perfectly.

Off Topic!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345   (5 in total)