184 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12345   (5 in total)
  1. #1 / 89
    Standard Member Aiken Drumn
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

He openly admits he will join any game I host and target me.

This is pathetic, and ruins the site for me.

I have tried to ask politely, I have tried to see if there are ways I can block a player, but none of these route have resulted in any success, so bollocks to it, I am naming him here, because something needs to be done.

My currently only action is to look for games with one slot left and jump in before he does! This is ridiculous.

We should be able to block a (limited) number of players from games we host.

Off Topic!
    Edited Mon 8th Apr 09:39 [history]

2. #2 / 89
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

For starters, as far as I can see, he ONLY joins games you are in on the "Civil War" board, so your claim that he joins 'any' game you start is just not true.   It is not unusual at all for a player who favors a lesser played board to join almost every game started on that board, and this is clearly one of his favorites.  MD has played the Civil War map almost 10 times more than you have, and his H-rating on that board sits at 31%, so he's not very good at it (even by his standards). He has never won a game on that board while you are playing it, while you have maintained a 65% H-rating on the board (which is exactly in-line with your 65% global H-rating.  Bottom line, his alleged strategy of picking on you barely impacts your stats, while it clearly seems to be working against him.

Methinks he's getting inside your head.

https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I said it was a threat of his.. i've not actually hosted any new games since.. so he cant!

But yes, he will join every Civil War game going. The problem is that I know (AND HE HAS OPENLY SAID) that he will target me.

Just because he is crap at it doesn't give him an excuse. He is repeatedly throwing my game by suiciding against me. Before I started coming across him I was #17 on this board.. now it is dropping away slowly. I don't want to have to play every game where I have to worry about him suiciding against me.

I understood it that if not against the rules, is totally against the spirit of the game to join games with the intention of throwing someone elses.

If I am a paid member, and want to host games, why can't I block someone trolling me?

Off Topic!
    Edited Sun 7th Apr 07:49 [history]

4. #4 / 89
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

So you say he threatens but doesn't actually pull the trigger? Sounds like trash talk to me.

OK, so what if you could prevent him from joining your games?

He could legitimately argue that because you are able to prevent him from joining games, he is not able to be competitive and rise in the rankings, especially because he can't play against you.

If I coud filter all the players I wanted, I'd go through my games, pick the players that dominate me, and make it so they can't play in games against me.  "Threats" aside, I could easily claim that they "pick on me" to justify my actions.

Edited Sun 7th Apr 08:48 [history]

5. #5 / 89
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I don't think there is any fair way to block players from games.  However, I assume joining a game with the intention to suicide against another player falls into the same rule breaking category as joining a game with the intention to ally with another player.

6. #6 / 89
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Also, could you point us to a game where you think he has unreasonably attacked you?

7. #7 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

So you say he threatens but doesn't actually pull the trigger? Sounds like trash talk to me.

OK, so what if you could prevent him from joining your games?

He could legitimately argue that because you are able to prevent him from joining games, he is not able to be competitive and rise in the rankings, especially because he can't play against you.

If I coud filter all the players I wanted, I'd go through my games, pick the players that dominate me, and make it so they can't play in games against me.  "Threats" aside, I could easily claim that they "pick on me" to justify my actions.

He can't "pull the trigger" as I have stopped creating games or joining those with him in.

If I could prevent him, I could go back to enjoying this site i've paid to be a member of. Currently he is blocking me from playing on those maps.

That is why I am asking for a LIMITED ability to filter players.

No, he couldn't legitimately argue that at all. If you did as you suggested, you wouldn't be able to rise in the ranks anyway, you need to beat good players, not just endless new players to get to the higher ranks.

There is nothing stopping HIM hosting games, if he did that, he can play all the games he wants.

Off Topic!

8. #8 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

There are several games he has done it, but nearly everything has been in private chat.. so unless I start posting screenshots of those, I can't really show anything. He has repeatedly admitted in chat he is attacking me, and will continue to attack me for reasons that are not based in game.

Off Topic!

9. #9 / 89
    Standard Member SquintGnome
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Aiken,

I agree with a comment above that joining a game just to destroy another player is a form of cheating.  Because of this, I recommend you use the process in place to deal with alleged cheaters.  Click the link at the bottom of the screen for the game is question to submit to Tom for his review.  He will be able to review the game, with the in-game comments I am guessing, and make an evaluation.  If he agrees that the behavior is not appropriate he will issue a warning and them ban the player if the behavior continues.

10. #10 / 89
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Make sure it's not just all one big Jedi Mind Trick too. -When I play this game in RL I always play with rediculously intellegent people (myself not numbered among them) and the mental game is always the strongest element.

A little panicky intimidation can change the outcome of a game really fast! Sometimes a threat or soothing statement placed at the right time; sometimes a strategy of relationship building that happens over a long time. 

If he's got your goat you can't choose your own grass. 

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

11. #11 / 89
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aiken's request is not an unreasonable one (if it can be proven that the opposing player is targeting him). +1 to Squint's comments about how to approach the matter.

12. #12 / 89
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

For starters, as far as I can see, he ONLY joins games you are in on the "Civil War" board, so your claim that he joins 'any' game you start is just not true.   It is not unusual at all for a player who favors a lesser played board to join almost every game started on that board, and this is clearly one of his favorites.  MD has played the Civil War map almost 10 times more than you have, and his H-rating on that board sits at 31%, so he's not very good at it (even by his standards). He has never won a game on that board while you are playing it, while you have maintained a 65% H-rating on the board (which is exactly in-line with your 65% global H-rating.  Bottom line, his alleged strategy of picking on you barely impacts your stats, while it clearly seems to be working against him.

Methinks he's getting inside your head.

Well, I don't about this argument. Aiken is especially fiendish at Civil War, so I would expect that to be higher than his overall average.  I also think MD's low rating is not due to his skill, but because his behaviors make him public enemy number #1. I can remember several maps where players publicly or privately questioned his choices.

Untrustworthy players are the first to be targeted. And, that general idea has been mentioned to him in game more than once. 

Yertle's suggestion is a good one.  But, I think this can also be self regulating. Keep starting the games you want and if he tries what he's threatening a few quick in game alliances will correct the problem. 

Some people just need more of a hint than others...

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

13. #13 / 89
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

itsnotatumor wrote:

Yertle's suggestion is a good one.

{#emotions_dlg.confused}

If I could figure out how to draw a line in Photoshop I would be a lot more well off with the Mac thing...

14. #14 / 89
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

think it was in the other thread. use the 'suspect cheating' link to address to tom.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #15 / 89
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    itsnotatumor wrote:

{#emotions_dlg.confused}

Ha! When in doubt, attribute a good suggestion to Yertle.

He probably meant SquintGnome's suggestion to use the link.

16. #16 / 89
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

HA! guess i should have gone back to pay closer attention. at least i knew i read it! that's one leg up...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

17. #17 / 89
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote:
    Yertle wrote:
    itsnotatumor wrote:

{#emotions_dlg.confused}

Ha! When in doubt, attribute a good suggestion to Yertle.

He probably meant SquintGnome's suggestion to use the link.

Hah! Sorry Squint. But, it does sound Yertle-ish.  {#emotions_dlg.wave}

18. #18 / 89
    Standard Member btilly
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

HA! guess i should have gone back to pay closer attention. at least i knew i read it! that's one leg up...

It is easier to get the legs up if you detach them from the body first.

Speaking of which, can you toss me that guy's head?

19. #19 / 89
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

People were asking for proof, here is some that happened today:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/217902

I was turtling (only option i had from a losing position) and he chose to attack my stack regardless. I have been reduced from ~200 units to 30. Yet he didn't finish me off? My cards will now get grabbed by the next player. The game is totally thrown in their favor, just because he is determined to nerf me.

Off Topic!
    Edited Sun 14th Apr 06:23 [history]

20. #20 / 89
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Definitely send that one to Tom.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12345   (5 in total)