2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 9
    Standard Member Comrogue
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Various rascals have been hassling me for the better part of two or three years or however long it's been to get myself over here, or get Electoral College over here at least, and finally the most excellent Ozyman-nee-PutinsHead has succeeded by offering to do all the work. Thanks, Oz!

But anyways I thought I might at least try a few games while I'm at it. I hear the design tools are stellar and there are some really compelling new boards, and I'll get to those I'm sure, but first you know I've been dying to play some of the boards I've been missing since their designers yanked them from ye olde site. But I can't find them at this joint either. REICH (Cracksickle, Ramshackle, whatever they call you) WHERE'S MAH HORDES?

2. #2 / 9
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Try Infection.

3. #3 / 9
    Standard Member Comrogue
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hallelujah!

4. #4 / 9
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Try Game of Hordes for a little something different with the Hordes concept.

If wars were won by arithmetic
    We'd be ruled by the mathematicians

5. #5 / 9
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

For an inverted, reversed, and then twisted variation on the theme, try Anarchy.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

6. #6 / 9
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

In case that sounded like shameless self-promotion, both Anarchy and Game of Hordes have the Hugh Stamp of Approval (tm).

The original Horder has another nice, too infrequently played, Hordesy map: Road Warrior

(I view the roads as switching Hordes-sections on and off, in case this seems like a stretch for a Hordes idea.)

7. #7 / 9
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In the vein of self-promotion, Hordes of Africa, America, and China all offer regional variations on the basic hordes theme. There are many, many other boards on the site that incorporate some hordes-style bonus system, at least in part. Cram's original idea really spawned a lot of spin-offs!

8. #8 / 9
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I also like the per-region Hordes idea.  I'm not sure if Yertle came up with this, but he's the one I've seen use it.  A good example is this map:

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Asherons+Gear

Since we're talking self-promotion, and I know that Comrogue is a map maker, this is a good place for me to mention my "Advance Map Editor".  Basically it's a web page that takes your XML file for your map and modifies it, giving you back a new XML file.  I'm adding functionality to it slowly, but the first thing I did was create a 'hordify' option.  Details here:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/2432/Wargear_Advanced_Map_Editor_-_Beta

9. #9 / 9
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

There is actually a Hordes! tag for Boards on the Board list.  Set the list to the full list of Boards, then click the Tag icon (right side, next to the 000 icon), click the X icon in the menu that shows up and then click Hordes!, that will display only boards with Hordes! gameplay (or a version of Hordes, whether the main board or a Scenario (aka Mod) of the board).

(And let me know if I've missed any :P)

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)