2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)
  1. #41 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Once flagged, it's just a matter of a human looking at suspect games a bit closer.

Depending on how many red flags appear, perhaps 3 or 4 members would volunteer to help out.

I'm sure Toto would be happy to put himself at the top of that list.

Sure I would.

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

2. #42 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

ok, my curiousity is piqued...going to see if i can see anything.

what kind of things are you cuing on? was there something that happened directly with either of you (toto, smoke) in order to go looking into this? i hate to think that you're actually spending time going out to look for these kinds of things.

--------EDIT:

without really knowing what you're keying on (or who), i have no idea how to even start something like this unless i look at game list and try to pick out common opponents that seem to always lose.

Here is the confession of Jarpan and Aluminia  http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1257.

Then look at the game http://www.wargear.net/games/view/29097 and read the messages.

Do you understand now why I hate loosing against cheaters ?

Edited Thu 24th Mar 18:32 [history]

3. #43 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I think we need the site needs to be more proactive in catching and banning players using multiple accounts to cheat rather than relying on people to report suspicious behavior. The obvious way to do this is via game log file analysis. I am thinking of an automated weekly process which takes the game log entries for the week, analyses them and then comes up with a list of players who's behavior is suspicious for an admin to look at...

I fully agree.

4. #44 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Amidon37 wrote:
    Whether I am a cheater or not it would be fun to have a place on my home page that lists my top 5 opponents and my record against them in public games --> Win/Loss/Tie  where Tie is someone else won.  

That this helps find multiple accounts (or the other way around) is a bonus.

Yes, that's a brilliant idea.

Also if it's not too difficult to do, it would be great to be able to see the win record of any player vs any player (like you can see your own win record on any player's Profile). BTW I find it's not working anymore as you can't see the games list when you click on this Win record vs x). This would help to find multiple accounts too, as clever cheater will use more and more standard accounts so they don't appear in the top 5.

5. #45 / 140
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:
    weathertop wrote:

ok, my curiousity is piqued...going to see if i can see anything.

what kind of things are you cuing on? was there something that happened directly with either of you (toto, smoke) in order to go looking into this? i hate to think that you're actually spending time going out to look for these kinds of things.

--------EDIT:

without really knowing what you're keying on (or who), i have no idea how to even start something like this unless i look at game list and try to pick out common opponents that seem to always lose.

Here is the confession of Jarpan and Aluminia  http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1257.

Then look at the game http://www.wargear.net/games/view/29097 and read the messages.

Do you understand now why I hate loosing against cheaters ?

personally there was only ONE questionable move prior to the point where you started to rant (374). that would have been when orange placed all in Aussie, instead of a couple to take mexico. BUT i also can't tell what the card state was like at that point. if Orange didn't start getting some other territory that turn, then with cards+NA yellow could have all but eliminated him very next turn. so i can see why he left a sleeping dragon alone. and as far as yellow's next turn - i would have done the same. someone left me to have NA whole i wouldn't then turn around and attack him cus he was the only one with a bonus. i'd take out anyone else that posed a soon to be serious threat (i.e. blue) and come back at orange the next turn. but then you ranted and pushed things too far too quick which resulted in altered play.
    but agian i can't see the entire story as it unfolded (most) but not all.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #46 / 140
    Standard Member FurBabe
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Tell me you don't think this is fishy:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/55283

7. #47 / 140
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

FurBabe wrote:

They joined the game with different IP addresses.  My guess is shield (green) is just MIA for some reason.

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

8. #48 / 140
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

They joined the game with different IP addresses. 

Is this viewable by us lay-people, or only you-dem-dere fancy peoples?

9. #49 / 140
    Standard Member FurBabe
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    FurBabe wrote:

They joined the game with different IP addresses.  My guess is shield (green) is just MIA for some reason.

10. #50 / 140
    Standard Member FurBabe
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That doesn't mean anything.  I've got a couple of different IPs at work, just for instance. . .

11. #51 / 140
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

IP addresses aren't available to all people.

FurBabe wrote:

That doesn't mean anything.  I've got a couple of different IPs at work, just for instance. . .

It doesn't mean everything, but it means something.  That's also a Tournament game, meaning more work for a cheater (with really little pay-off over time).  Green didn't "choose" to skip his turn, it's auto-skipped after 2 days.

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

12. #52 / 140
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:

This is only for admins / multi-hunters.

13. #53 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In this game : http://www.wargear.net/games/player/61778 , I went mad against General Patton (not to be confused with Patton, who is fine) who back-stabbed me with not a single chance of wining the game (and of course without any notice) , and offered victory to Neneleking.

This game http://www.wargear.net/games/view/61764  is also interesting. KommisMar did not have a chance against General Patton and Neneleking. Some will again tell me it's nothing obvious, that they are stupid enough to attack Neutrals and not each other, that I have no proof it was intended to make it easier to the other one to get a continent more easily.

Although they were cheaters in my mind, I had no proof and I knew that I would be told they played very few games together. Eventually I would be told, ok they have the same IP adress but they could be work friends or same family members. So they would be allowed to keep playing like others still do.

But here it's different. I just found on Moris' wall the following message in french :

Message from General Patton

cool mais si tu fait des cartes privé demande neneleking c mon 1er compte ;) !!! a +

In this message General patton is asking to Moris to use his main account, Neneleking's one, for private games invitations !!!

In his reply on General Patton's wall, Moris is even advising him to create a third account, just in case.

I took good note that Neneleking is from Australia and General Patton from France, but I believe the site is not checking if this information is correct.  Moris is supposed to be from Malta despite the fact he seems to know them very well (they all know another player who's name is Ju but I don't know the pseudo) and speaks a perfect french.

Edited Sat 4th Jun 19:14 [history]

14. #54 / 140
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

ha.  J'accuse!

15. #55 / 140
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:...

I took good note that Neneleking is from Australia and General Patton from France, but I believe the site is not checking if this information is correct.  ...

I believe this is correct that when joining a player can choose whichever country they want.  I have a friend in RL join the site as a member of a country he is not from (non-maliciously).

~ATH

16. #56 / 140
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I agree that they appear to be the same person. As this person has  played only two games with the multiple account I am going to give him the opportunity to choose which one is disabled as it does not appear to be a straight case of cheating. The two games they played in have been terminated so ranking scores will be invalidated.

As regards checking country names - there is no possible way to validate this, how could you verify that a person living in Australia and registering as French was not genuinely a Frenchman?

17. #57 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

As regards checking country names - there is no possible way to validate this, how could you verify that a person living in Australia and registering as French was not genuinely a Frenchman?

Well, I am a genuine Frenchman and I live in Belgium... I am wearing a Belgium flag, which is fine for me.

I believe the flag should be the one of the country you live in, which could be checked with the IP. This would help finding double accounts especially for countries with not too many players.

18. #58 / 140
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

What if I'm an Egyptian citizen who's going to school in the US and vacationing in Brazil?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

19. #59 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

If you were an Egyptian citizen, I would not recommand you to go to school in the US or in vacation in Brazil. You have a nice country so you should stay there :)

IMO, you should automagically be given the flag of the country where you are when playing. You will recover your Egyptian flag when you come back home. You could always use your profile to say that you are from Egypt.

20. #60 / 140
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I would say "what does it matter" but that might just be fuel on the fire so I won't.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)