Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)
  1. #121 / 140
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

2. #122 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Ok, I might be wrong. But I still don't understand how Moris knew Sako was named Romain and was a french speaker just by seing he was from Tanzania (which is not a french speaking country). Moris obsiously knows another Tanzanian player...

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

3. #123 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:
    tom wrote:

I suppose it could be done, but around 90% of the site's players are from the US so it's not really going to help a great deal in terms of catching cheaters.

Sure, but among the cheaters I know :

Wertu (Norway) is Arnaldo (UK)

Jarpan (South Africa) is Genkiwi (New-Zealand) and Aluminia (Australia)

Jama (UK) is Kreml666 (Russia)

LionHeart (UK) is Kinski (UK)

Kinetix (US) is BloodLust (UK) and DatoRangers (UK)

Sager1410 (Egypt) is Dido1410 (Egypt)

Nirvana1808 (Croatia) is Ana0707 (Croatia)

Knowing the real country would at least help me to detect who I have to be suspicious of.

In this thread http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1737plast/Complete_idiot_on_one_of_my_game#22984

messages #12 and #16, Jumbolero is confirming my doubts about Nirvana1808, Ana0707 and Picigin.

4. #124 / 140
    Standard Member TrizOz
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Reeeeelax Toto... I saw you mentioning my name in another thread so I thought that a explanation was needed. Indeed we are a bunch of friends in real life playing wargear, so what ? Is it forbidden ? And beleive me we always want to kick each other's ass, we don't team up...

I wonder what kind of guy is requesting IP adresses, and what kind of guy is checking us out on all maps, enough to know our real names...!! None of us has 2 accounts, as far as I know, and if you read something saying the opposite you have to consider that we talk in a very sarcastic way between us, nearly all the time.

So, to conclude, we are NOT cheaters, I say "WE" even if you never really suspected me in person, but you, on the other hand, look a lot like a stalker ! Quoting stuff, checking our games, knowing our names, translating our discussions...

Take it easy man ! And good luck for your future games, to end this in a positive note.

Peace :)

5. #125 / 140
    Standard Member TrizOz
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

looool who cares if Moris knows another Tanzanian player ???? We all know some of them cause we have friends in common !! Get a life man !!

6. #126 / 140
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

TrizOz wrote:

Reeeeelax Toto... I saw you mentioning my name in another thread so I thought that a explanation was needed. Indeed we are a bunch of friends in real life playing wargear, so what ? Is it forbidden ? And beleive me we always want to kick each other's ass, we don't team up...

I wonder what kind of guy is requesting IP adresses, and what kind of guy is checking us out on all maps, enough to know our real names...!! None of us has 2 accounts, as far as I know, and if you read something saying the opposite you have to consider that we talk in a very sarcastic way between us, nearly all the time.

So, to conclude, we are NOT cheaters, I say "WE" even if you never really suspected me in person, but you, on the other hand, look a lot like a stalker ! Quoting stuff, checking our games, knowing our names, translating our discussions...

Take it easy man ! And good luck for your future games, to end this in a positive note.

Peace :)

TrizOz, I am pleased you took some time for an explanation. Contrary to what you said, I don't think I mentioned you name in any thread, but in a message in a game you was not part of !

It's also nice to let us know that you have a bunch of real life friends playing on WarGear. That's a great thing, and I have no problem with that. I mean as long as they play private games or, in ranked games, as long as they don't team up against other players, or don't use multiple accounts.

Certainly I am a stalker. Certainly I am paranoid. Certainly I am losing my time hunting cheaters. Certainly I have to cool down on this issue as it's spoiling my pleasure to play.

But what I found among your friends is :

- Neneleking is General Patton (double account banned by Tom)

- Sako and Xander-Crews teamed up against me (Tanzanian National Team)

This is why I got suspicious against all your friends, including Moris and Nicoamano, even those who are truly not cheaters.

You are wondering what kind of guy is requesting IP adresses... I am wondering what kind of guy is finding any pleasure is winning games because they have cheated.

And thanks for your advice, and again, for replying to this thread.

7. #127 / 140
    Standard Member TrizOz
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Ok Toto, we are cool :)

And beleive me, we are definitely not cheaters ! I'd rather kick my friend's ass on a map that any other player :) Cause then they start talking and showing off... :)

8. #128 / 140
    Standard Member haikc
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I know for sure that quazimoto and rcnick4 are only one and single player.

I have lost a game against them. They never attacked each other, never played defense.

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/76969

When you look at the history, it is just flagrant.

Since I had just doubts, I have shown him to some friends who actually told me that it was only one player playing on 2 accounts!!

Please investigate that coz on tournaments, it is impossible to play against them.

They cheated on me and they will cheat on others!

Thanks

9. #129 / 140
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It seems peculiar in that game, but I'm not convinced they are the same person.  They could have had some kind of agreement in the south that you are unaware of.  The records they have against each other don't seem to match like someone who is playing the same account.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

10. #130 / 140
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Agree with BM... Looks like they had a truce but rcnick4 didn't realize it was in Quazi's advantage.

Doesn't necessarily mean they're the same person.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

11. #131 / 140
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

It is pretty easy to sling allegations (Tom apparently is watching me closely cuz Phelbas and I have played 6 games together out of the nearly 600 combined).

TrizOz, people are posting on forums to give due process, to show evidence, but get feedback, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th opinions. Without access to PMs it can be a hard job, but like you, we want fair competition. hopefully your friends are the same way, but sometimes people think that they would rather a friend win than a stranger... so it may not be multi-accounting, but poor sportsmanship?

So I am not saying any of the above as I haven't reviewed histories etc., just wanting to throw out some theoretical thoughts from past cases. Basically we have to police ourselves, the community, debate cases and if there seems to be enough evidence, Tom investigates.

12. #132 / 140
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

As per the other thread there is no evidence of cheating taking place in this game.

13. #133 / 140
    Standard Member haikc
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

We can indeed assume there is an agreement, which is alright (I even said it in the discussion...) but close to the end, they still do not attack each other when their agreements (if agreements there was) would not make any more sense to hold, especially for rcnick. rcnick has only one goal and it is not to win, but to let quazi win. He acts more like a robot without rational thinking. What he does close to the end just doesnt make any sense and has not advantages for him.

14. #134 / 140
    Standard Member haikc
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

well, check them up coz there are again playing in the same tournaments and they will again win! well, he will win!

15. #135 / 140
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

if you suspect so, keep a tally of evidence. but it could just be a rookie player not realizing he is playing into friends ahnds, or more of a natural bias that should be corrected instead of a malicious intent to cheat

16. #136 / 140
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Quazimoto also has a Lost 4 / Won 2 record against rcnick4 - makes it even more unlikely they are cheating.

17. #137 / 140
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Or to put it another way - see Hanlon's razor.

18. #138 / 140
    Standard Member unavitabellissima
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:
    AttilaTheHun wrote:

It sounds like in this case the players should be tracked over multiple games.  Then, if they have an alliance in multiple games, this provision would apply (from the Help section):

"Are alliances allowed?
    Alliances in games are allowed and usually make sense from a strategical point of view. However, pre-conceived alliances are NOT allowed or tolerated. Player's that are found colluding in multiple games will be at risk for being banned."

Since they are not the same player, IMO the above would have to be proven before any action taken against them.  Innocent until proven guilty, correct?

~ATH

I agree with you ATH, but because I wrote about it, they will not get caught now. My fault.

Innocent until proven guilty ?  Yes, I agree on that, USUALLY. But not when the same IP is used or when it's proven they are RL friends/relatives. In this case, I don't believe 1 second they are from Tanzania (Tom will confirm this I am sure) and thus it's not by chance that they have choosen the same improbable country. In my mind, they are guilty, until proven innocent.

Dear All,

Just so you know that and stop bothering...we are a group of friends and we are all expats in Tanzania and live here in Dar es Salaam...we enjoy Wargear and play private games against each other and got addicted to the maps so now we play tournament etc.  we dont cheat and we dont team up.....

anyways Thanks to Wargear that entertains us..

...and I hope this will stop

19. #139 / 140
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Dear All,

Just so you know that and stop bothering...we are a group of friends and we are all expats in Tanzania and live here in Dar es Salaam...we enjoy Wargear and play private games against each other and got addicted to the maps so now we play tournament etc.  we dont cheat and we dont team up.....

Let me be one to say, we are glad to have you and I am glad to see your friends enjoy it also. Be sure there are many of us who have RL friends that also play here and we know that they are our favorite to beat. Enjoy. 

20. #140 / 140
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

AdamN wrote:

Dear All,

Let me be one to say, we are glad to have you and I am glad to see your friends enjoy it also. Be sure there are many of us who have RL friends that also play here and we know that they are our favorite to beat. Enjoy. 

+1

~~~~~~~~~~

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1234567   (7 in total)