223 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««8910111213141516»»»   (17 in total)
  1. #221 / 333
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think that Team tournaments should have an "invite friend" feature.  Would be a simple box that would send an invite to a player of your choosing.

"If an incompetent chieftain is removed, seldom do we appoint his highest-ranking subordinate to his place" - Attila the Hun

2. #222 / 333
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

any way to sort thru my board rankings? i'd like to see which boards i'm close to the top on in order to get more points. looks like they might be thrown in there randomly (defiitley not order played, alpha, or anything else discernable).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

3. #223 / 333
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

any way to sort thru my board rankings? i'd like to see which boards i'm close to the top on in order to get more points. looks like they might be thrown in there randomly (defiitley not order played, alpha, or anything else discernable).

http://www.wargear.net/players/info/weathertop/Player%20Stats Sort by Ranking?

4. #224 / 333
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nope http://www.wargear.net/players/info/weathertop/Board%20Rankings

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

5. #225 / 333
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Aye...but the Player Stats gets somewhat close to what you're looking for right?

Although it would be cool to see that page with filtering/sorting as well, currently I believe the order is set by last completed (public?) game.  So the most recent ranking change is listed at the top.

6. #226 / 333
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

somewhat close i guess. but not really. it can tell me which boards i have points on and i can then look at those.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #227 / 333
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle is right. if you go to your player stats and sort your stats by Points it will tell you. The only thing is it sorts in alphabetical order, not numerical order.

Jigen.gif

8. #228 / 333
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

somewhat close i guess. but not really. it can tell me which boards i have points on and i can then look at those.

Do the same thing, but by Score. anything over 1050 should be a point. Any further than that you may have to check those boards specifically to see how far out of reach, but this should narrow your search.

Jigen.gif

9. #229 / 333
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

thus the 'somewhat'... {#emotions_dlg.cylon}

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

10. #230 / 333
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:

nope http://www.wargear.net/players/info/weathertop/Board%20Rankings

Does this not give you what you need?

11. #231 / 333
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

gives me what i need, but i've played on 100 boards, so trying to figure out which of those boards i'm in the top 10 (or whatever) in order to focus on is cumbersome. it's nothing terribly important, but another 'nice to have'.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

12. #232 / 333
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I have looked for the same thing as 'top and agree with what he is saying.  Two things that may help would be 1) adding a "rank" column to the Player Stats Chart and/or 2) Being able to sort the Board Rankings page by name/points/rank (Which I think is what 'top asked for.)

13. #233 / 333
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

I have turned on "notify by e-mail when you have turns" since I am getting out of the habit of checking every 10 minutes for turns, but have turned off "notify me of tournament events" because I don't want an e-mail every time I am invited to a tourney.  But this means I am not notified when a new tourney game is created.  Would be nice to be able to pick and choose what tourney e-mails you get.  

14. #234 / 333
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Tom, any timetable on giving designers the ability to create Universal Factories that don't affect neutral territories?   I'm getting ready to submit my "Anarchy" (3051) board for review and it would be a shame if I couldn't include neutrals in the "Initial Setup".

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

15. #235 / 333
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It is behind the Game Clock updates - as this touches so may different areas of the site (notification system, game engine, create game scripts, game admin page, game view page, boot script etc) it all has to go out first. I'm probably 80% of the way through the Game Clock update.

16. #236 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks! It'll be worth the wait.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.

17. #237 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In tournaments, on the leader board - it would be nice if clicking on the SOSOS and SOS headers took you to the help section where they are defined.  I see too many people who are confused by them.

18. #238 / 333
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

In tournaments, on the leader board - it would be nice if clicking on the SOSOS and SOS headers took you to the help section where they are defined.  I see too many people who are confused by them.

Where are they defined? {#emotions_dlg.razz}

I haven't dug back into these and not entirely sure I could pull out the good Help text...as a quick fix I'd be available to Copy/Paste the info into the Tournament Rankings page if I had it Wink 

19. #239 / 333
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I'm happy to link to them - can we get a good definition agreed? It will need to include a statement outlining why they are needed and why those metrics were chosen ideally.

20. #240 / 333
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I'll throw out a few rough descriptions:

H-2-H stands for Head-to-Head.  In the case of ties in a round robin tournament, the game(s) played by the players with equivalent win/loss records determine the overall winner.

SOS stands for “Sum of Opponents’” scores, but it really is the sum of the Wins of all opponents that a player has played against in a tournament. Used to break ties in round-robin tournaments, it rewards the player who has faced the strongest the field of opponents.

Similar to SOS, SODOS stands for “Sum of Defeated Opponents’ Scores”, where only the number of Wins of Opponents that have been defeated are counted.

We really should call them SOW and SODOW – “Sum of Opponents’ Wins”, etc.

Edited Mon 19th Dec 06:38 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««8910111213141516»»»   (17 in total)