221 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««2345678910»»»   (12 in total)
  1. #101 / 240
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think it should be based off of the board default and only show the green and red if there are actual modifiers put in by the designer. I don't know if that is what was already said or if it is based off of whatever the default setting for SimulGear is. It should be based off of the map itself, however, not the site's settings.

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

2. #102 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Toaster wrote:

I'm going to need a "Your Turn" clear on this one:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/view/34366

Fixed.

Still a Turn Timer ticking in that game for Toaster and same for my games previously Won before the fix (probably the others too).

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

3. #103 / 240
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Ok think I got them all.

4. #104 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Yertle wrote: Bug with Clear Orders (kind of related I think to how those 3 buttons on the right stay available after commit):
    Have 10 units for your first round. Place and attack and Commit and Finalize. Get a bonus (or probably lose a bonus). Stay in the Flash Player.
    Have 15 units for your second round to place. Place them then Clear Orders. Units available to Place drops back to 10, Reserves are honored/obeyed, but takes a Reload to get back to 15 units.

This is a pretty annoying one.  I'd throw that one pretty high on the list.  Redoing orders is unfun.

Which game are you seeing this on Yertle? I can't reproduce it.

5. #105 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:
    Yertle wrote: Bug with Clear Orders (kind of related I think to how those 3 buttons on the right stay available after commit):
    Have 10 units for your first round. Place and attack and Commit and Finalize. Get a bonus (or probably lose a bonus). Stay in the Flash Player.
    Have 15 units for your second round to place. Place them then Clear Orders. Units available to Place drops back to 10, Reserves are honored/obeyed, but takes a Reload to get back to 15 units.

This is a pretty annoying one.  I'd throw that one pretty high on the list.  Redoing orders is unfun.

Hmmm, all of them...

6. #106 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

When Turn Order is Most/Least units on board is that prior to the Place phase? It is right?

7. #107 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Heh heh not this discussion again! Yes, it's based on units on the board before anything has been placed (i.e. units at the end of the previous turn).

8. #108 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Hmmm, all of them...

Ah got it, it's when your bonus changes.

9. #109 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote: So attacking with 2 to a territory defending with 2, if all troops are destroyed then original owner is kept with 0 units? Is that correct? Appears to be the way with Neutrals, curious if the same with players.

Hmm, how do you think this should work? i.e how does this work on ToS? I can't remember!

Noob.

The Defender gets a troop resurrected essentially :p, so even though 2 are destroyed the defender really ends up with 1.

I think I like the 0 personally, the thing I question is the attacker actually taking the territory over before being reverted back to neutral.  If they don't have a troop to overtake the territory, then they essentially lose (so if abandon is On)...IMO...right now...but that could be a decent discussion to have more input on.

Looks like an issue with this IMO:

See turn 237/238 here: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35057

1 attacking, 1 defending 100% kill rate for both.  I think the attacker should be forced to have a troop to take over a territory.  I don't think you should be able to occupy with 0 units, even with abandon On.

I think the object of the map is that you are forced to create a 1vs0 in which you can take it over, I don't believe the intention is 1vs1 for the attacker to take it over.

10. #110 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Also it looks like in the History instead of calling territories "Neutral" they are being called "Unknown", there is no fog either.

11. #111 / 240
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Looks like an issue with this IMO:

See turn 237/238 here: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35057

1 attacking, 1 defending 100% kill rate for both.  I think the attacker should be forced to have a troop to take over a territory.  I don't think you should be able to occupy with 0 units, even with abandon On.

I think the object of the map is that you are forced to create a 1vs0 in which you can take it over, I don't believe the intention is 1vs1 for the attacker to take it over.

Yeah, the attacker is conquering the territory with 0 troops; it shouldn't work that way.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.
    Edited Tue 2nd Nov 11:56 [history]

12. #112 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Good spot... fixed!

13. #113 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think it makes sense to dither Gameplay Restrictions Rules (except for how to fortify) when SimulGear is selected, just like how the dice rules get dithered. May even rename that to Turn-Based (and come up with a cool name for Turn-Based) so they aren't deceiving, although would have to pull the how to fortify rule out then.
    Not a big deal, but maybe one of those 'clean ups' at some point.

14. #114 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think this is a big bug:
    If you make an Attack/Fortify from Terr A to Terr B that you already own, it says Fortify Only and only the Fortify Type is available (and is auto-selected), but that should really be available to be Attack or Fortify or Combined as the other player could have taken Terr B prior to that order, in which case you may want it to be Attack.
    Right?

15. #115 / 240
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I've noticed that too. I would bet Yertle and I are both talking about First and Risky where it is usually pretty important to do that.

16. #116 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: I've noticed that too. I would bet Yertle and I are both talking about First and Risky where it is usually pretty important to do that.

Yep I just noticed it there, and then confirmed it in Force Unleashed too.

17. #117 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

This is fixed now.

18. #118 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    RiskyBack wrote: I've noticed that too. I would bet Yertle and I are both talking about First and Risky where it is usually pretty important to do that.

Yep I just noticed it there, and then confirmed it in Force Unleashed too.

This is fixed also.

19. #119 / 240
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I posted in the Tournament thread also but I am not able to start a tournament on Force Unleashed. It says that there are too many players for this game and there are only 2 selected (and allowed). I'm not sure if the bug is in the tournament or in SimulGear for tournaments.

20. #120 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

So if Abandon is Off, and 1 unit vs 1 unit, both attacker and defender lose their units, should that territory turn Neutral with 0 units? It appears that's what happens ( http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35342 turn 227/228), but seems odd to me. I would think it has the ability to stay defending player owned with 0 units.
    Although maybe not, but does seem to possibly be a bit confusing and especially at eliminations (ie does the player eliminate the player or is it a system elimination?).
    Hmmmm.

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««2345678910»»»   (12 in total)