1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (12 in total)
  1. #21 / 240
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: So attacking with 2 to a territory defending with 2, if all troops are destroyed then original owner is kept with 0 units? Is that correct? Appears to be the way with Neutrals, curious if the same with players.

Hmm, how do you think this should work? i.e how does this work on ToS? I can't remember!

2. #22 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

K that does make sense but what's the point of being able to pop-up the window to Attack/Fortify if you have no units that can do anything from that territory?  That or somehow denote all the units have been assigned (haven't looked too closely, but is there something indicating that?)

Yup that little circle top right of the territory - if it's yellow then you have partially used units. If it is red then all units have been assigned.

I was trying to think of ways to show this withour resorting to coloring the original territory as per ToS, I may go back to that method though.

3. #23 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

K that does make sense but what's the point of being able to pop-up the window to Attack/Fortify if you have no units that can do anything from that territory?  That or somehow denote all the units have been assigned (haven't looked too closely, but is there something indicating that?)

Yup that little circle top right of the territory - if it's yellow then you have partially used units. If it is red then all units have been assigned.

I was trying to think of ways to show this withour resorting to coloring the original territory as per ToS, I may go back to that method though.

I've notice that (although looks Green if all have been assigned).

I think it works pretty nicely, would of course make sure it looks OK when territories are very close, but haven't seen that yet.

Will just take a bit of time for me to remember to look at that rather than go willy-nilly clicking.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

4. #24 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote: So attacking with 2 to a territory defending with 2, if all troops are destroyed then original owner is kept with 0 units? Is that correct? Appears to be the way with Neutrals, curious if the same with players.

Hmm, how do you think this should work? i.e how does this work on ToS? I can't remember!

Noob.

The Defender gets a troop resurrected essentially :p, so even though 2 are destroyed the defender really ends up with 1.

I think I like the 0 personally, the thing I question is the attacker actually taking the territory over before being reverted back to neutral.  If they don't have a troop to overtake the territory, then they essentially lose (so if abandon is On)...IMO...right now...but that could be a decent discussion to have more input on.

5. #25 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Should there be an option to set the number of Reinforcements allowed? Rather than just On Unlimited or Off. Seems like it to me.

What all counts in the Max Number of Orders Allowed? All Reinforcements take place prior to Attacks/Fortifies right? So do those count? Or is it only Orders from the Attack phase (Combined/Attack/Fortify)?

6. #26 / 240
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I don't understand anything in this thread after my last post.
    tom, thanks for getting this going, it looks good to me.
    Yertle, thanks for catching everything. I don't really know what you caught but it seems pretty important.

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

7. #27 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

All my posts do look annoying, I do apologize for that Frown

8. #28 / 240
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

After orders commited the Clear, Review and Commit orders buttons remain active.

9. #29 / 240
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Seriously, are cards broken or am I just really confused. It took me 20 minutes to try and get a turn done because of cards and I still don't know how I solved the problem or if I turned them in.

10. #30 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Seriously, are cards broken or am I just really confused. It took me 20 minutes to try and get a turn done because of cards and I still don't know how I solved the problem or if I turned them in.
    Yertle wrote:

Big Bug:
    You can turn in a single card at a time, which then super bugs out the Cards tab by duplicating (or something like that) your cards, then you can keep turning in...until Reload or Commit (which throws an error "You do not have sufficient cards to perform this trade"). Also looks like the number on the Place tab does not get updated after card turn in.

*edit* I think this also means that once you hit the Max Cards limit you can't actually complete your turn since turning in 1 at a time is incorrect and you are forced to turn in before allowed to Commit.

11. #31 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Can you explain Turn Id 197 and 198 on this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/33964

I had wanted to test the "Pumping" stuff, but Cumber didn't attack me there, so turn 197 looks odd that DL says 1 (while there were 3 Cumber units on the territory, or at least the History shows 3 there), followed by 198 in which I took the territory.
    Thanks!

12. #32 / 240
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: I don't understand anything in this thread after my last post.

Which part of this didn't you understand Yertle!

13. #33 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Bit curious if anything different happens when it's a player's last territory (or capital) as well. Since it looks like the attacker actually does take over the territory for at least one history log turnid then the territory reverts.

What does happen when a player loses a capital but would potentially gain one back on a later order?  Does he gets eliminated or does the whole round complete first?  Of course that raises potnetially much more difficult questions as well.

14. #34 / 240
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

I like the little circle..

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

15. #35 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

What happens in a 1vs1 game and both players get booted at the same time? Is there safe guards in which the game just gets terminated?

16. #36 / 240
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: What happens in a 1vs1 game and both players get booted at the same time? Is there safe guards in which the game just gets terminated?

Finally made it through all of those posts.

None in regular games, so I would assume none here.  (Hugh has 2 wins in the Dr. Stangelove tournament even though he never joined a game.)

Seems okay so far to me, haven't messed with cards yet.

Vote for 2v2 both die for both players, defending territory reverts to neutral with 0 armies (if abandon is on, territory stayed defenders color).  I think this is what Yertle said.

Suggestions/Questions.

Is there a way to edit orders after save has been hit.  It would seem nice in the review order box if there was a edit and clear button next to each order so that this would be easier.

Could the default be all units selected so that I don't have to click all every turn (and accidentally missed and not actually do anything - done this twice already)?  I really need to take more time taking turns.

Had more, but forgot after all that reading so I will return later.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

17. #37 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I will add order editing after submission, there's no reason why this can't be enabled. I also plan to add reviewing of your teammates orders in team games.

Working on the other bugs as well, thanks all for feedback so far.

18. #38 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Fixed:

* Moving orders Up/Down in the Review Orders Box highlighting / displayed territories
    * Hover over a border and they all appear to display D8% vs 0%
    * Turn Order on the Rules>>Simultaneous Play tab displays: least_territorie
    * Units drop down when attacking is from high to low instead of the norm low to high, feels odd to me.
    * Seat order fogged in all foggy games
    * Fixed problem with undoing placements causing reinforce / attack order unit counts to break

I've updated the way the History page works (this also effects regular play as well) - the default view now excludes the setup information, this can be toggled using the new button on the top right. The 'End of Last Turn' button should now work for SimulGear also. Oh and also that annoying jump 1 second after loading is now gone.

Also I expanded the size of the order box to make it easier to see with long territory names

I couldn't reproduce being able to trade a single card Yertle, how did you manage that?

19. #39 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: Should there be an option to set the number of Reinforcements allowed? Rather than just On Unlimited or Off. Seems like it to me.

What all counts in the Max Number of Orders Allowed? All Reinforcements take place prior to Attacks/Fortifies right? So do those count? Or is it only Orders from the Attack phase (Combined/Attack/Fortify)?

Good point about a reinforcements limit - I will add this.

Max orders is just from the combined attack / fortify phase.

20. #40 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I couldn't reproduce being able to trade a single card Yertle, how did you manage that?

I tried to turn in cards in this game: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/33964

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (12 in total)