180 Open Daily games
0 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««34567891011»»»   (12 in total)
  1. #121 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Simultaneous Territory Selection with SimulGear doesn't look good. Scrolly bar appears over the Random/Apply button.

Simultaneous Unit Placement breaks with SimulGear too.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

Yertle: I really don't know what we'd be doing if tom didn't start WG
    Yertle: scary to think about :p
    RiskyBack: You'd have more kids and I'd have a real job, probably

Edited Fri 5th Nov 15:08 [history]

2. #122 / 240
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: So if Abandon is Off, and 1 unit vs 1 unit, both attacker and defender lose their units, should that territory turn Neutral with 0 units? It appears that's what happens ( http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35342 turn 227/228), but seems odd to me. I would think it has the ability to stay defending player owned with 0 units.
    Although maybe not, but does seem to possibly be a bit confusing and especially at eliminations (ie does the player eliminate the player or is it a system elimination?).
    Hmmmm.

I'd think it would all depend on what the "revert to neutral..." is set to.  If it's set to "never" (abandon ON or OFF) then the player would keep the territory with 0 units, otherwise it would turn neutral.

I would also consider that to be an elimination because you are actually causing the elimination through attack actions, and are killing their last man even though you don't get to own their land right then.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

3. #123 / 240
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Not sure if this is a "bug," but if you have 0 troops to place, the player should probably skip it and begin with either the Reinforce or Attack buttons highlighted.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

4. #124 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote:
    Yertle wrote: So if Abandon is Off, and 1 unit vs 1 unit, both attacker and defender lose their units, should that territory turn Neutral with 0 units? It appears that's what happens ( http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35342 turn 227/228), but seems odd to me. I would think it has the ability to stay defending player owned with 0 units.
    Although maybe not, but does seem to possibly be a bit confusing and especially at eliminations (ie does the player eliminate the player or is it a system elimination?).
    Hmmmm.

I'd think it would all depend on what the "revert to neutral..." is set to.  If it's set to "never" (abandon ON or OFF) then the player would keep the territory with 0 units, otherwise it would turn neutral.

I would also consider that to be an elimination because you are actually causing the elimination through attack actions, and are killing their last man even though you don't get to own their land right then.

Using the Revert seems like a good idea, if it's not already doing that, tom?

Hmmm at the elimination thing, I believe the current logic for this is that the player must take over the territory to make the elimination, for example if player is reduced to 0 via artillery border attacks, then reverts to neutral, the player that attacked doesn't get the elimination, cards/bonus just don't apply, so would seem kind of weird for it to behave differently for the above circumstance I would think.

5. #125 / 240
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The revert code is the same for regular vs SimulGear so it should behave in exactly the same way. I agree with Toaster the revert setting should define what happens to territories left with 0 units after an attack.

I'm not 100% sure either way about the elimination through revert to neutral, technically although you killed the last unit you didn't occupy their final territory so you perhaps shouldn't capture their cards and reserves as they reverted to neutral. Tricky one!

6. #126 / 240
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Not sure if this is a bug or if I missed something, but I was really confused on a game of Force Unleashed when it wouldn't let me commit orders... I finally figured out that I had 5 cards and was required to trade in, but don't remember having a dialogue box telling me I had to trade in. Did I just miss it, or does this need to be added?

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

7. #127 / 240
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

When looking at the board info through the player the border buttons do not work the same way as in the turn based boards.

I'll try to be more specific - When I click on "board" is has "board" and "from" depressed then I pick a territory and it shows borders from that territory. Now if I click on "To", nothing changes, I have to click on the territory again and then the it shows the borders to that territory.

In turn based games you can toggle back and forth between "From" and "To" and the borders bounce back and forth.

Rather long post for a little thing - my apologies.

8. #128 / 240
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: The revert code is the same for regular vs SimulGear so it should behave in exactly the same way. I agree with Toaster the revert setting should define what happens to territories left with 0 units after an attack.

I'm not 100% sure either way about the elimination through revert to neutral, technically although you killed the last unit you didn't occupy their final territory so you perhaps shouldn't capture their cards and reserves as they reverted to neutral. Tricky one!

I had my last capital with one unit; it was attacked with 1 unit and they killed each other.  Abandon is on and set to revert: Never, yet I was taken out of the game even though my capital was never taken over. 

Is this supposed to work this way, or is it a bug?  It seems like a bug because every other time attacks happen (the whole board is 100% kills and 1-unit limit) territories are left at 0 and the engine moves on; this time (because of the capital?) it said that the player "conquered" the territory even though he had nothing to occupy it with.

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35057 (Move #524)

Edited Mon 8th Nov 00:21 [history]

9. #129 / 240
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Okay, capitals are definitely broken with SimulGear.

Same game, http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35057
    This time, go to move #627. Kjeld has a capital taken from him and is eliminated even though he owns 6 other capitals.

10. #130 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote: Okay, capitals are definitely broken with SimulGear.

Same game, http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35057
    This time, go to move #627. Kjeld has a capital taken from him and is eliminated even though he owns 6 other capitals.

Capital City Capture as Off makes this a bit more confusing as well.  That means any Capital that is taken is not really a Capital anymore. 

It does appear that whenever a Capital drops to 0 units it gets destroyed even if it stays the same player owned.

11. #131 / 240
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

It does appear that whenever a Capital drops to 0 units it gets destroyed even if it stays the same player owned.

Does that happen in turn-based games with capitals and abandon?

12. #132 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toaster wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

Does that happen in turn-based games with capitals and abandon?

Nope, that would be the bug part.

Kjeld just didn't really own 6 other capitals due to the Rules.  He only owned the capitals that he started out with in the Starting Scenario, any that he gained were "Destroyed" upon him taking them over (which is correct according to the current Rule settings).

13. #133 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Actually I'll say that I'm not positive it's working correctly in TurnBased, as I'm not really sure any boards have the Capital City Capture of Off with Abandon On, so it could very well be broke there (at least IMO it's broken).

14. #134 / 240
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

...I hope Tom doesn't want to see the history logs, 'cause I'm going to restart the game.

15. #135 / 240
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In this game:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/player/35503
    there is initial territory selection turned on. Nowhere during this phase does it say that this is what is happening and there is a scroll bar covering half of the menu bar (apply button, etc.)

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

16. #136 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Still working on the capital problem - there are definitely one or two bugs to fix. You could be right about a bug in turn-based play also.

17. #137 / 240
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Still working on the capital problem - there are definitely one or two bugs to fix. You could be right about a bug in turn-based play also.

No worries.

I've changed the board to capital capture on and 100% assimilation; I'll let you know if it still breaks with those changes.

18. #138 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote: In this game:
    there is initial territory selection turned on. Nowhere during this phase does it say that this is what is happening and there is a scroll bar covering half of the menu bar (apply button, etc.)

This bug is now fixed.

19. #139 / 240
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Alpha wrote: In this game:

This bug is now fixed.

Still the outstanding bug of Simultaneous Unit Placement for a SimulGear board?

20. #140 / 240
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Shouldn't be... can you try a hard refresh?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««34567891011»»»   (12 in total)