2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (24 in total)
  1. #61 / 476
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes can do the email notification... you should be able to see all the review games by clicking on the 'Review Games' link in the list of boards under review (and you can also see the review games for Live boards as well using this method if you select Live Boards from the combo list at the top).

2. #62 / 476
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Yes can do the email notification... you should be able to see all the review games by clicking on the 'Review Games' link in the list of boards under review (and you can also see the review games for Live boards as well using this method if you select Live Boards from the combo list at the top).

I like this alot better! very nice

i really like the ability to not only see the # of Dev games played on a board but being able to look in on the dev games is really nice. i also like seeing who has passed a board [and who cant keep themselves from pushing the big red button ;) ]

3. #63 / 476
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

when i go to the review boards tab all i can see is which maps are up for review. i can go further and click on the map and see the description and what not, but it claims that no games are in progress when i know that a review game is

Risky is not a big deal.

4. #64 / 476
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

In the list of maps under review there is a column header called 'Review Games' - if you click one of these icons it should take you to the review games.

5. #65 / 476
    Standard Member Jigen
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

nifty. thanks. :D

Risky is not a big deal.

6. #66 / 476
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I think when I enter a game, it should subtract one from "turns waiting" counter. so when I am done my last game, it isn't telling me I have one more to do.

7. #67 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Gimli wrote:

I think when I enter a game, it should subtract one from "turns waiting" counter. so when I am done my last game, it isn't telling me I have one more to do.

Been asked (a lot), I think tom has avoided it (a lot) but it does kind of make sense to leave it counting until you complete your turn since other's are waiting until the turn is actually completed before the next person can go.  So going into a game really doesn't complete the turn, it just means you started your turn, then the refresh or moving to another page after you complete that turn is when you see the "turns waiting" counter decrease.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

8. #68 / 476
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I actually like it now because even after I finish my last pending turn I can still click on it and see if I have any other new ones. And then I leave that page up which has a handy 'update' button. So I can in one click go to the one page that I want to refresh.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

9. #69 / 476
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Basically it's horribly complicated to do so I have been avoiding it like the plague :)

10. #70 / 476
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

actually even if it doesnt make total sense, it still has practical uses as Yertle and ASM pointed out. maybe add a poll? or an explanation so it just doesnt seem overlooked, to let people know it is intentional. that would be good too.

11. #71 / 476
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Gimli wrote: overlooked

funny word choice for a dwarf

Happy Birthday to the ground!!!

12. #72 / 476
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I'm not sure if this should go here or in flash player requests, but it would be handy to have a display of what round the game is in. I tend to lose track of how many turns I've taken in a given game, and that can really be handy if I'm trying to figure out how many cards a player might have in fog games.

13. #73 / 476
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I secret message myself each turn with that kind of info.

I agree

14. #74 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Would be nice to be able to see the number of cards in the Discard pile as well.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

15. #75 / 476
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: Would be nice to be able to see the number of cards in the Discard pile as well.

Should that be visible in Foggy games too?

16. #76 / 476
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: I secret message myself each turn with that kind of info.

Actually, no I don't, evidently, since you can't secret message yourself on WarGear.

Hey Tom, how about the ability to send a secret message to yourself? You could even give it a fancy nickname since all you'd be doing would be adding another entry in the messaging dropdown box, something like "Note to Self"? I'd like that a lot.

I agree

17. #77 / 476
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote: Would be nice to be able to see the number of cards in the Discard pile as well.

No, IMO.

I agree

18. #78 / 476
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    tom wrote:

No, IMO.

um yes? you already know what turn in you are on. or does this mean you get to see which card (a,b,c,w) they actually turned in?

Don't Taze Me Bro!

19. #79 / 476
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I see your point Weathertop, but also consider fogged games with either a static card scale, or a repeating scale where the number of players is greater than the number of turn-in values before being repeated.

So, it's turn #5 of a 6-player game with the repeating scale of 4,6,8,10.
    You are player 6 and it's your turn. The card value is currently at 6.  Did everyone already turn in cards before you, or has only one person swapped them in so far?

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.
    Edited Fri 29th Jan 00:59 [history]

20. #80 / 476
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

I didn't know the answer to this question, hence my delay, but I imagine I would side with weathertop.  Ability to see number of discarded cards, but not what cards were turned in.

What's Your Passion?

Edited Fri 29th Jan 12:20 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (24 in total)