1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 25
    Standard Member Bla Bjorn
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hey all

I ported over my board from warfish (scandinavia) tonight. It is a slightly complex board, so it took quite a long time to make happen, but I finally got everything right. I hit the save button throughout the whole process. At the end, I looked over everything and saved it, and then clicked around the site a bit for some info on how to dev test.

When I came back to the design page, I got 2 consecutive error boxes: "Failed to match territory ID 20" and "Failed to match territory ID 25". And everything is gone but the map and 2 territories. Basically, hours of work down the drain.

Has anyone seen this before? is this a common bug on this site? My only guess is that there is something wrong with nonstandard characters (Ö Ø Ä Å) which are in the place names on my map.

Its a popular map on warfish, so it would be great to get it over here, but I am not going to waste any more time on it unless I know my efforts will not be for naught.

2. #2 / 25
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Really liked Scandanavia, one of the better landgrabby maps out there.

Longest innings. Most deadly.

3. #3 / 25
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Bla Bjorn wrote:

Hey all

I ported over my board from warfish (scandinavia) tonight. It is a slightly complex board, so it took quite a long time to make happen, but I finally got everything right. I hit the save button throughout the whole process. At the end, I looked over everything and saved it, and then clicked around the site a bit for some info on how to dev test.

When I came back to the design page, I got 2 consecutive error boxes: "Failed to match territory ID 20" and "Failed to match territory ID 25". And everything is gone but the map and 2 territories. Basically, hours of work down the drain.

Has anyone seen this before? is this a common bug on this site? My only guess is that there is something wrong with nonstandard characters (Ö Ø Ä Å) which are in the place names on my map.

Its a popular map on warfish, so it would be great to get it over here, but I am not going to waste any more time on it unless I know my efforts will not be for naught.

Bummer.!  Gotta hit that save button more often.

Since the incident, have you tried just making a territory, naming it and saving just to see if that's the problem?

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

4. #4 / 25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

i hit the save button every 5 minutes. it went back to a state before i even started pressing the save button. i think it has to do with the nordic characters. The second territory I made was "SkÃ¥ne", and after i get the error messages and try to edit the name of that territory, it tells me it is called "SkÃ¥ne". If I rename them it will probably work, but I don't want to give new names to real-life regions of scandinavia. It is bad enough that my user name can't be BlÃ¥ Björn.

Is there any plans to implement a more "intenational friendly" alphabet on this site?

5. #5 / 25
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Before you make any futher changes I would suggest waiting for Tom to take a look in the databse and see what's happened.

Just doing my part to hold in Risky's big deal-ness

6. #6 / 25
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I do wonder about the nordic characters. I think RedBaron had trouble early on the site with Escalation and the characters he used, I think tom had to make some changes then to allow those characters.
    Will take tom to look into it, but it's not something that I've ever had a problem with or seems to hit all that often.

7. #7 / 25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Solid. Well, I don't mind waiting. Its not a high priority thing at all, I just thought it would be nice to try out the board over here since the interface is so much nicer than warfish

8. #8 / 25
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi Bla

Have you tried restoring an old copy of the board? Left click on Actions, then select 'Restore'.

I suspect it could be related to the character set although that bug *should* have been fixed.

Let me know if the above restore doesn't work. There should be a backup as every time you hit Save it writes a Restore file.

9. #9 / 25
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Actually, I just got a very similar error this morning; and I only used standard US English alphanumerics. I failed to match territory IDs 27 and 41, and then only one territory loaded. I know I saved just before navigating away and then back.

In your Face!

10. #10 / 25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

There were, interestingly enough, no restore points to choose from. I saved more than once during the creation process.

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/1323

In your Face!

11. #11 / 25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I went back and added a territory since then, saved it again, and then left and came back. The same two errors pop up, and the new territory does not appear.

In your Face!

12. #12 / 25
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: There were, interestingly enough, no restore points to choose from. I saved more than once during the creation process.

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/1323

The cake is a lie!  I am so in for play testing when it is fixed.

Sometimes You have to bathe the cat

13. #13 / 25
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Yup, that Portal map looks awesome and I will kill you if you don't include me in playtesting.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    Edited Fri 10th Sep 15:42 [history]

14. #14 / 25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

"No restore points available"

I even tried deleting the territory with the nonstandard letters. I still get both "failed to match ID" errors. Its not that big of a deal to me, but if there is a glitch in the site, id be glad to help in any way i can to make sure its fixed (if it is a priority)

15. #15 / 25
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

There is definitely a problem with adding territories. I have a board that was absolutely fine and I added one territory and now I get this error (ID 77). The board has been around for months, but there are no restore points.

http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/1098

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

16. #16 / 25
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I also had an experience with a board losing a bunch of information today. I had added several dozen territories (out of a couple hundred), and had saved after adding each continent cluster, but when I paused and then re-opened it a little while later, everything was gone except the first territory I'd added: http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/1331

17. #17 / 25
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

The restore points should be back now - if you hit F5 to refresh your 'My Boards' list and click on the Restore link they should be displayed. Bla I think the one dated 2010-09-09 at 18:16 is the one you want.

Working on the reason for the error, will let you know when it is fixed.

18. #18 / 25
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I also updated the restore page so it shows the file size - this makes it easier to identify when the data was lost.

19. #19 / 25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

any idea what's causing the corruption?

In your Face!

20. #20 / 25
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

i can restore again now, but the restored boards return the same error. i have restored to the latest 4 points and they all returned the mismatch territory error. The oldest point of the 4 provided two different territories than the first 3, though. (10 and 20 instead of 41 and 27)

In your Face!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)