211 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««2345678910»»»   (23 in total)
  1. #101 / 453
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I think how this piece works needs reworking a bit, there are some problems with it.

2. #102 / 453
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

The Download button in the map designer isn't dowloading the images. I can select a location, but then it doesn't do anything.

Happy Birthday to the ground!!!

3. #103 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I think there was a recent change to not allow the abandoning of a capital city, which I think made attacking from a Capital City unable to use the Attack All or Attack/Transfer All buttons (get the error window that says you can't abandon your capital), but I think both of those should be available. Attack All you wouldn't get below 1 troop anyway, Attack/Transfer All should attack and transfer all except leave 1 troop if abandon is off (or abandon is On with Revert to Neutral).

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

4. #104 / 453
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

paulharrow wrote: I get the flashing "messages" at the top left when I go into a game, but there are no new messages. I click on it to turn it off, but when I go into the next game it is flashing again, and there are no messages. Could this mean there are private messages for that game that are not addressed to me? (yes, I am being paraniod) ;-)

That's been my hypothetical explanation for this as well. I wasn't going to bring it up, because I like to know when I'm being secretly plotted against.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

5. #105 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: I think there was a recent change to not allow the abandoning of a capital city, which I think made attacking from a Capital City unable to use the Attack All or Attack/Transfer All buttons (get the error window that says you can't abandon your capital), but I think both of those should be available. Attack All you wouldn't get below 1 troop anyway, Attack/Transfer All should attack and transfer all except leave 1 troop if abandon is off (or abandon is On with Revert to Neutral).

Yep good one will fix also.

6. #106 / 453
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

What about an attack-all button to attack until you're out of men for maps like Enygma's Spy game. If you get 2 attacks and you're ready to commit to an attack it's frustrating that it attacks down until a 2v1 but to attack 2v1 requires you make a separate attack.

I want to be able to attack down to zero units if that's my committment for the continuous movement. This also comes into play on the Star Fish or Fish Wars map.

7. #107 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote: What about an attack-all button to attack until you're out of men for maps like Enygma's Spy game. If you get 2 attacks and you're ready to commit to an attack it's frustrating that it attacks down until a 2v1 but to attack 2v1 requires you make a separate attack.

I want to be able to attack down to zero units if that's my committment for the continuous movement. This also comes into play on the Star Fish or Fish Wars map.

That's potential game changing logic with continuous attacks.  Continuous attacks have only been available when attacking with 3 troops (although on WF you couldn't continuous attack if you had only 3 to attack with, but here you can).  Since both Spy and Fish Wars uses limited attacks it could potentially "break" the map if it wasn't intended by the map designers. 

While I don't think I necessarily have a problem with it being changed, it should be does call for perhaps just a bit of caution.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

8. #108 / 453
    Standard Member paulharrow
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    paulharrow wrote: I get the flashing "messages" at the top left when I go into a game, but there are no new messages. I click on it to turn it off, but when I go into the next game it is flashing again, and there are no messages. Could this mean there are private messages for that game that are not addressed to me? (yes, I am being paraniod) ;-)

That's been my hypothetical explanation for this as well. I wasn't going to bring it up, because I like to know when I'm being secretly plotted against.

You're right.  Oh, I am so thick, why did I mention it!!!  ;-)

9. #109 / 453
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You know what they say - it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

10. #110 / 453
    Standard Member bengaltiger
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

So, the thing near the top of my screen says '26 turns waiting', but I click on it and it says 'Displaying 1 to 15 of 25'. I've checked around, and I can't figure it out. It's been like that for a day or two. Help?

Edit: It's always 1 more than the number of games that I actually have a turn in. Oh, and I apologize to everyone... I shouldn't be holding up so many games. :-)

Edited Sat 13th Feb 00:34 [history]

11. #111 / 453
    Hyper-Geek Raptor
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have seen this as well and I think that your assesment is correct.  I was playing a game with a real world friend and mentioned this and it just happened that he had an unread private message.  As soon as he turned off the notification in his flash player it disappeared in my player as well. 

In the end, all things are squishy.

12. #112 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Semi-related, Emails aren't sent for In Game TEAM Private Comms Messages are they? At least I haven't received any today (message icon works correctly for them though from what I see).

What's Your Passion?

13. #113 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

No, they aren't at present... do you think they should be treated the same as a Private message? I'd say probably not, or maybe there should be another notification option for this.

14. #114 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: do you think they should be treated the same as a Private message?

I don't see why not.  Sometimes they are even more important than regular Private messages as far as team strategy goes.  Another notification wouldn't be bad either though I assume.

What's Your Passion?

15. #115 / 453
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

As long as we're discussing adding notifications, how about adding one for when it's your turn to select territories? I don't think there is one for that currently. Thanks!

16. #116 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You should get one each time it's your turn.. do you not get them? Or do you mean a specific setting for territory selection?

17. #117 / 453
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I normally get an email when it's my turn, but I don't for the territory selection phase at the beginning of games where this option is enabled. I don't think it needs to be a separate setting, though... the existing setting should just cover anytime it's your turn.

18. #118 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

OK will take a look at that.

19. #119 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

More out of curiosity than concern but what is supposed to display to the left of the Rating text for this?

14/02/2010    Added tab showing board ratings history within each player's profile

Risky's profile shows a past profile pic (http://www.wargear.net/players/info/RiskyBack/Board%20Ratings) where as some just show a hovering period (http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Yertle/Board%20Ratings and http://www.wargear.net/players/info/tom/Board%20Ratings).  At least that's what I see.

Also wording if a player has no Ratings seems odd (http://www.wargear.net/players/info/Electric%20Monk/Board%20Ratings): "No ratings have been submitted for this board"

What's Your Passion?

20. #120 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Any restriction on this?

17/02/2010    Player - Don't display card icon when cards are not enabled on board

Fairly certain the Card icon was just present on a map that doesn't use cards, will double check again next round.

What's Your Passion?

Edited Wed 17th Feb 13:15 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««2345678910»»»   (23 in total)