211 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««67891011121314»»»   (23 in total)
  1. #181 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote: The red new mesage icon doesn't go away for games which are still waiting on players... nothing big, just an FYI

I noticed this too, but if I actually click on the Message Icon (in the Games List, instead of the game name (which normally works when the game isn't still at Join)) to get to the Message, it will go away (although sometimes I think it may come back at some point too :P).

In short, I agree, something wacky, not a big deal, but possibly a slight work around that may work sometimes :P

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

2. #182 / 453
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Please let me know when/if you reset the problem game from my previous message so I can join without being ejected from the map.

3. #183 / 453
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Andernut wrote: Please let me know when/if you reset the problem game from my previous message so I can join without being ejected from the map.

Yep I cleared the declined list on both - can you try again?

4. #184 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Edward Nygma wrote: The red new mesage icon doesn't go away for games which are still waiting on players... nothing big, just an FYI

I noticed this too, but if I actually click on the Message Icon (in the Games List, instead of the game name (which normally works when the game isn't still at Join)) to get to the Message, it will go away (although sometimes I think it may come back at some point too :P).

In short, I agree, something wacky, not a big deal, but possibly a slight work around that may work sometimes :P

I need to rework the whole messaging thing... once these damn tournaments are out of the way.

5. #185 / 453
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

No rush, tournaments are obviously first priority.

6. #186 / 453
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Also, when you have a card set and you click trade now, but decide not to use a set, you used to have to press Place again to place your units, now you don't have to press place, but you do if you want to use any of the hotkeys.

7. #187 / 453
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/12319

did an elimination, 10 unit elim bonus, gained cards. first nothing happened and i was still on attack phase. backed out, reloaded player, got the "must trade cards" box, but cards tab won't let me trade cards.

my guess: i gained up to 5 cards and the elim bonus but the card max on this game is 6.

anyway i can't proceed with my turn. thanks.

It's a trap!
    Edited Sun 14th Mar 14:21 [history]

8. #188 / 453
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

and then just for fun i've gone and done the exact same thing in this game:

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/12320

how's that for reproducing a bug?

when i reload the player it gives me the "must trade cards" box but i can't select cards on the cards tab. same like before.

It's a trap!

9. #189 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's a bug in the player - it shouldn't pop up the box that is saying you can trade cards as you're not permitted to trade cards at that point in the game (i.e. you can only get back to the placement phase if you get to 6 cards).

So you can play on but you have to choose 'Play Turn'.

10. #190 / 453
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

On page 8 of this thread, I posted what I think is the same bug. I saw the "must trade cards" box, but it was unresponsive as was the cards tab. I figured out that I was stuck in free transfer mode, but that the box for that was stuck under the cards box.

Some fish-like humanoid suggested that I hit 'A' or '0' or some other keyboard shortcut for free transfer. Try it, I bet it works ;)

11. #191 / 453
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

The game had started when I checked the join link last night, so... no join for now. I can't figure why I can join a game made by Enygma, but not one by Kjeld.

12. #192 / 453
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Hugh wrote:
    Some fish-like humanoid suggested that I hit 'A' or '0' or some other keyboard shortcut for free transfer. Try it, I bet it works ;)

Jerkoff.

Blame Krock I guess for setting up a game where the max reserves allowed exceeds the elim bonus. I can't stand it. Whoever's going after me in one of those games basically gets a free win because I'm sitting on max # of cards and more armies in reserve than most players have on the board and can't do anything but end my turn. Stupid move for me to be sure, but ugh. Bad setup.

It's a trap!

13. #193 / 453
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:

Blame Krock I guess for setting up a game where the max reserves allowed exceeds the elim bonus. I can't stand it. Whoever's going after me in one of those games basically gets a free win because I'm sitting on max # of cards and more armies in reserve than most players have on the board and can't do anything but end my turn. Stupid move for me to be sure, but ugh. Bad setup.

put the max reserve to 5 for all new games on that board.

14. #194 / 453
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

pwnd

It's a trap!

15. #195 / 453
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

have a game hang, player is at 1 day and 18 hours. says he already wrote in to support:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/13215

16. #196 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Gimli wrote: have a game hang, player is at 1 day and 18 hours. says he already wrote in to support:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/13215

Judging from the History, it looks like the Free Transfer window is hidden, I tossed a suggestion in the game, but if that doesn't work then it will be in tom's field :)

Easter - The celebration of death, of resurrection, of life, and of a promise fulfilled.
    Edited Sat 27th Mar 14:48 [history]

17. #197 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks Yertle.

18. #198 / 453
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I have a discrepency that has been bothering me for some time.
    Why in the global rankings is there only 534 players when on some maps (such as Global Warfare) rankings are out of more that 534 players (665)?

19. #199 / 453
    Premium Member Toaster
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote: I have a discrepency that has been bothering me for some time.
    Why in the global rankings is there only 534 players when on some maps (such as Global Warfare) rankings are out of more that 534 players (665)?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe players in the Global Rankings have a minimum number of games before they make the list.  Individual board rankings take any and all players into consideration; so there are at least 131 players that only played one or two games on Global Warfare and didn't finish enough games to make the Global Ranking list.

Risky's kinda-a-big-deal-ness was so massive it spilled over, so I'm handling the excess here.

20. #200 / 453
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Funny minor one: When you eliminate a player who has a lot of cards (like, 8-10 or more), the 'you have eliminated x player' popup doesn't wrap, so on first glance it looks like you have no way to pass it. It took me a few seconds to figure it out - you just click, grab, and drag to the left so you can see the 'X' and 'OK' buttons on the right. But this isn't necessarily intuitive. So that window either needs to wrap when there are too many cards captured or it must be taught to respect the dimensions of the Flash player.

It's a trap!

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««67891011121314»»»   (23 in total)