Pages:   123456789»»»   (23 in total)
  1. #1 / 453
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

hi all

Just a quick note - if you think you've found a bug in the way a game is playing, it's a big help if you stop playing straight away so I can load the game up and immediately see the problem. I'll need to know the gameid which is the number at the end of the URL when the Player is loaded.

It's usually worth reloading the Player to see if that fixes the problem because there will be occasional network related communication problems which will result in the Player getting out of sync with the server but it's still worth reporting what happened.

Thanks for your help in this, due to the huge number of possible rule and board variations there are inevitably a few bugs out there so I apologise for this but I should be able to get them fixed promptly once you let me know about them.

cheers

Tom

2. #2 / 453
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Okay.

This one's tiny!

In a board review game where the board creator is also on the review panel, that person shows up twice on the invite list in join phase.

Check it out! http://www.wargear.net/games/join/4406

I agree with "Cram-Chackle"

3. #3 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Thanks asm - have fixed in the dev code.

4. #4 / 453
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I'm not getting emails when I have an Inbox message or when I get a Private Message in games but I have the setting set to receive them.

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

5. #5 / 453
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Also, it's kinda ticky tacky but when I have multiple turns and I click on my turns and then go to a game the My Turns stays the same, so when I am taking my turn in the last game it still says 1 turn when I don't and then when I click on it it brings me to games it is my turn in and there is nothing there.
    No biggie, just a tad annoying.

When Life Hands You Lemons, Find Someone to Throw them at!

6. #6 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote: Also, it's kinda ticky tacky but when I have multiple turns and I click on my turns and then go to a game the My Turns stays the same, so when I am taking my turn in the last game it still says 1 turn when I don't and then when I click on it it brings me to games it is my turn in and there is nothing there.
    No biggie, just a tad annoying.

Vataro brought this up too, tom said tough cookies http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/62/#_of_your_turn_games

Yertle is here.

7. #7 / 453
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I think I have discovered a bug... although I am very happy about it and would love to see it continue...

I have created 10 1v1 games so far on two different maps, and I have gone first on every single one... this can't be random... (insert link to random thread)

I guess just check into it...

8. #8 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Hmmm, I just tried a couple and I went first in one and second in the other. Which boards were they?

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited Wed 2nd Dec 16:00 [history]

9. #9 / 453
    Standard Member Hugh
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I was checking various individual stats for Connect Some and the host was raking on first to move for the games I looked at. I became suspicious, but then found some games where the host did not go first so I thought it was a fluke.

This is probably worth looking into. -H

10. #10 / 453
    Standard Member Ender
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It isn't all... but it certainly seems like a higher probability... my board of the day was WAR.

11. #11 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I looked at the last 10 Connect Some games played and in 8/10 of them the host went second.

12. #12 / 453
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Statistics lie!

Cram it.

13. #13 / 453
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

...And 40% of people know that.

And since the plural of anecdote is data, I'll observe that of the first [number between 3 and 5] public 1vs1 games I joined (all of them on the Risk map against TKDave), I only went first once. And I only won once (not sure if it was the same game or not). Both of these results are indicative of an obvious flaw in the system which must be addressed immediately.

I agree with "Cram-Chackle"

14. #14 / 453
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

asm wrote: ...And 40% of people know that.

And since the plural of anecdote is data, I'll observe that of the first [number between 3 and 5] public 1vs1 games I joined (all of them on the Risk map against TKDave), I only went first once. And I only won once (not sure if it was the same game or not). Both of these results are indicative of an obvious flaw in the system which must be addressed immediately.

ditto to that...with the exception i didn't win at all, which really had me scratching my head. until i realized that not only did he go first every time, but he didn't roll a loss either...well almost none.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

15. #15 / 453
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Decided not to make a new thread for this one...
    The Rules tab of a Board Page (Cumber's Slasher), 'connected' of Allow fortification' is not capitalized when all other Settings are.   {#emotions_dlg.cylon}

Yertle is here.

16. #16 / 453
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I'm having problems with the colors for this board: http://www.wargear.net/boards/designer/306

I want to add a yellow, but I can't set the text to black - everytime I use the drop-down and select 'black', it reverts back to yellow. Also, the numbering on the side doesn't update when I add/remove colors, or shift their order, such that I'll get something like 1,3,3,2,4,5,7,7,6

17. #17 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Hmm, it seems to have got horribly confused with the indexing of the colors, not sure how that happened. I'll take a look at the data and reset it for you.

18. #18 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

It's a bug in the Designer - funny that noone else has seen this. It'll be fixed tonight.

19. #19 / 453
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Darn it all Kjeld, this site has been live for weeks, you already have boards released, and you notice this less than 20 minutes before I report it? Jerk!

20. #20 / 453
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Fixed the colors bug, thanks for reporting guys. Bizarre that noone else saw it before now??!!?

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (23 in total)