3 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 31
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

wurzel133 wrote:
    1 final thing I think swearing should be banned in the chat on the boards. Is there really any need for profanities?

There is a preference in your settings to attempt to censor words on WG, I'm not entirely sure how well it works though.  I do think tom has still addressed some issues with swearing/racial comments on a case by case basis, so if it's excessive then you may shoot a PM to him.

Or by boards do you mean forums?  If so then that has also been addressed at times as well.

2. #22 / 31
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

wurzel133 wrote: I am not expecting a huge amount of support because of who I am . But why should a standard member get the same benefits as a premium member? To become a premium member is a paltry $10 surely even children can afford this! I think that this site is fine the way it is I joined not to climb up the boards (winning or losing a board game is not high on my list of things to get upset about) but to give something towards the cost of running the site and expanding it.

1 final thing I think swearing should be banned in the chat on the boards. Is there really any need for profanities?

You can turn on a filter to delete the swearing and I agree with what you said about standard vs premium.

You have actually been responsible for much vicarious entertainment on my part so I have no issues with you and hope that you have further issues with the Dwarf in the future as I have a lot of free time and not a lot of fun blogs to read now that Lindsey is in Jail.

Free Lindsey!!!!!!

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

3. #23 / 31
    Standard Member wurzel133
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    wurzel133 wrote:

There is a preference in your settings to attempt to censor words on WG, I'm not entirely sure how well it works though.  I do think tom has still addressed some issues with swearing/racial comments on a case by case basis, so if it's excessive then you may shoot a PM to him.

Or by boards do you mean forums?  If so then that has also been addressed at times as well.

thanks for you reply.

No i meant on the game boards themselves

4. #24 / 31
    Standard Member wurzel133
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:
    wurzel133 wrote: I am not expecting a huge amount of support because of who I am . But why should a standard member get the same benefits as a premium member? To become a premium member is a paltry $10 surely even children can afford this! I think that this site is fine the way it is I joined not to climb up the boards (winning or losing a board game is not high on my list of things to get upset about) but to give something towards the cost of running the site and expanding it.

You can turn on a filter to delete the swearing and I agree with what you said about standard vs premium.

You have actually been responsible for much vicarious entertainment on my part so I have no issues with you and hope that you have further issues with the Dwarf in the future as I have a lot of free time and not a lot of fun blogs to read now that Lindsey is in Jail.

Free Lindsey!!!!!!

Sorry but to frustrate him he is on my enemies list and can't post on my wall any more but he is still leaving me abusive messages!!

5. #25 / 31
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

RiskyBack wrote:

Haha you sound like an anime character not that you would understand but even so if you did I would still find you my friend now I must go!

Mongrel: "Yeah, If 11s is not eliminated in the first 5 rounds - back to the drawing board." SO TRUE!

6. #26 / 31
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:
    RiskyBack wrote:

Haha you sound like an anime character not that you would understand but even so if you did I would still find you my friend now I must go!

Only if I added "Huh Huh Huh......eh?" at the end of it or...........

"IT'S OVER 9 THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cobra Commander + Larry - Mo * Curly = RiskyBack

7. #27 / 31
    Standard Member Gimli
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

asm wrote:
    Gimli wrote: I don't suggest it is prevalent in anyone's consciousness, but I think it would be normal for a shadow to exist...

In my opinion, this is just weird. I think the idea at play here is to build the best site possible, and really very little else enters into it.

I've heard enough to suggest that people don't want much to resemble the *hated* ToS in a few areas. A lot of it came out in the BAO conversations. Of course it is to build the best site... someone saw the potential that wasn't being lived up to had it been actively supported. But the things that did work well are also different, or people really want it to be different. Hence a shadow analogy seemed suited. Glad you are that way, but when some people have strong emotions when they think of the lack of support at ToS, I wonder and would find it normal for people to really want to one-up ToS. And you can't do that if you do the same thing as them in some areas, like BAO.

So it's good you aren't that way, but to dismiss the possibility out of hand like that is pretty presumptuous. It's not like I said this site was made as a vendetta, to leave somoene else sobbing in the rainy gutter wondering why their site wasn't uber cool like this one is...

though that would be a pretty ringing sign of success!

8. #28 / 31
    Standard Member Pink Fuzzy
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

I currently do not pay...If I do join the premier, it will be in order to get more games. The other bonuses are nice, but I wouldn't pay for those alone. Thus, I see the ten limit as a very good way for them to encourage more paying players.

9. #29 / 31
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the feedback.

Longest innings. Most deadly.

10. #30 / 31
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Is it worth pointing out that the blue link in "For more detailed in-game information become a premium member" on the grey/black background makes the words "premium member" totally unreadable?

11. #31 / 31
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yes.

Just doing my part to hold in Risky's big deal-ness

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)