1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   123456789»»»   (20 in total)
  1. #21 / 391
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

here's a shot:

Warfish#5493073551095643954 (well obviously i don't know how to put an image directly in....here's a link:)

http://picasaweb.google.com/onodlo/Warfish#5493073551095643954

where i've highlighted in red, i can click the 'missing' icons and bring up their correct page, but i can't see them (as you can ...not... see also!).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

2. #22 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Just check IE8 and it worked for me. You on IE6?

3. #23 / 391
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

nope IE7

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #24 / 391
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Should work now in IE7 + added tooltips to the icons only.

Edited Mon 12th Jul 14:47 [history]

5. #25 / 391
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

yup, fixed those icons. tho tooltips (mouseovers?) aren't working.

is there a similar fix for the flag icon?

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #26 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Is it fixed for you now wt?

7. #27 / 391
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

That is slick. Great work.

Thanks to those who enjoy and play the games we create.

8. #28 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Bahahaha, very snazzy new loading thing on the Board Browser thingy!

9. #29 / 391
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

finally see one tom, thanks! tho it only seems to be on the newly created games; but hey i'll eventually have it on them all.

EDIT: i'm wrong yet again. it's on the game info page of them all now, is it supposed to be seen once the player is launched? 

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...
    Edited Tue 13th Jul 10:15 [history]

10. #30 / 391
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

it is now able to be seen once the player is lauched! thanks Tom

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

11. #31 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Round up of a few recent changes. The Flash Player has been updated to fix a number of issues with displaying of borders with the new Circle / Arrow border types:

Enhancements
    Added the elimination count to the game win / loss messages.
    Only Public messages are indexed by count for ingame messages - this is to allow easier referencing to message numbers.
    Public Beta games don't count towards 10 game limit
    Added Release Date to board about page
    Player: Keyboard shortcut added - in the Free Transfer phase/window, the Esc key can be used like 0.
    Player: All warning / error boxes moved up to just below the menu bar so they are more easily accessed (and importantly not off screen on large boards)
    Player: Anchored the "that territory has a max of x" message box to the actual territory

Bug Fixes
    Board browser images now link to image preview instead of to a page with a white background.
    Designer: Updated to fix the initial border display setting - this now defaults to 'Arrows'. Any boards with this setting undefined have been set to 'Arrows' also.
    Player: Updated to fix the problem displaying Fortify borders
    Fixed cometchat problem where login was not possible for a number of players

12. #32 / 391
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Player: All warning / error boxes moved up to just below the menu bar so they are more easily accessed (and importantly not off screen on large boards)
    Player: Anchored the "that territory has a max of x" message box to the actual territory

Thanks for these fixes and rest look great as well, especially that chat now works for everyone.

As always, keep up the great work.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

13. #33 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

What does this mean?

Player: All warning / error boxes moved up to just below the menu bar so they are more easily accessed (and importantly not off screen on large boards)

Unless of course you are at the bottom of a large board (or potentially just a slightly bigger board) and now the box shows up at the top...so actually the box may be more often off screen :p  Although probably not since the WarGear Header and stuff takes up room at the top.

14. #34 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote:

What does this mean?

It means when the warning box that pops up when you click to place units on a territory and you hit the territory max, the box pops up next to the territory not in the middle of the screen. Valuable less mouse miles per year.

15. #35 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Gotchya, makes sense! Thanks!

16. #36 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Changes / Enhancements
    Designer - you can now specify the exact numbers of players supported on a board (as opposed to a range of numbers as before).

The Create Game page has had the teamplay setting moved up above the number of players selection - both these changes are the first part of the scenario enhancements set of updates as the teamplay setting affects which scenario you can choose.

In addition the following can be changed while a board is Live:

• Description
    • Min/max players
    • Player Border
    • Player Background
    • Border Display (Arrows vs Circles)

Bug Fixes
    Fixed bug where message flag was showing incorrectly in games (caused by deleted messages not being reindexed)

Edited Mon 26th Jul 13:06 [history]

17. #37 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Changes / Enhancements
    Designer - you can now specify the exact numbers of players supported on a board (as opposed to a range of numbers as before).

Not a big fan of the display of these on Board Info pages...not that I have a good solution other than if 2-10 is allowed then show 2-10 instead of 2,3,4,5....

Tootip for that setting may also need updates (minimum sounds odd).

Very cool new feature there though!

Just noticed the tooltip for the Player Border also says it is a White border (it's actually Black...right?).

18. #38 / 391
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle's comment just got me to think of a related Mod suggestion.  Many boards could be much fairer if there were "designer set" Mods that automatically applied when a specific number of players join a game.  Starting scenarios, neutral distribution, etc.  Just to be clear, I'm not talking about mods from which players can choose.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Mon 26th Jul 15:07 [history]

19. #39 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

New Features
    + Ranking History tab added to each board page. This has three sub-tabs shows the ranking history for the top players on the board as a chart, your ranking history as a chart and your game history and your ranking score changes for each game played.
    + Added new Scenarios column to board designer page. See below for more on this.

Changes / Enhancements
    + Added 'Teamplay Only' option to Designer
    + Enabled gzip compression of game and board data - this should speed up game load times for larger boards considerably.
    + Added 'Action' column to board design list which contains a right click menu for all game actions - this was to ease clutter on the page
    + Added favorite link on board page and new Favorite Boards button on Board list. More work is planned to enhance the board list page so watch this space.
    + Added game limit setting to control multiple simultaneous rounds per tournamnet, e.g. "max 2 simultaneous games per tourney".
    + Added confirmation dialogs to Quit / Restart / Vote to Terminate / Terminate Game / Surrender / + Accept Surrender game actions.
    + Beta boards now appear in Create Game and Board Browser views (differentiated by dark red background color) if this option is enabled.
    + Sort Ranking tables by Games Played, Games Won, Games Lost, Win Percent and Last Played.
    + Sort Player list by Games Played, Games Won, Win Percent and Last Played.

Bug Fixes
    + The "wins" column on the top tournament players table was not filling correctly.
    + Empty territories did not revert to neutral if initial placement was simultaneous.
    + When Creating a Tournament if you click on Round Robin as the type, then change it back to Swiss System the Players Per Game menu empties and nothing is selectable in it.
    + Boards on which the respective games had been hidden from view were appearing in the list of boards to filter by in the Open games lists.
    + Chat bar now appears on top of Flash Player.
    + Fixed bug where in a fogged game you can vote to terminate the game in order to find out how many players are left.

Scenarios
    Scenarios can be used to customise anything from the starting position for a specific number of players on the board through to a complete board redesign. There is nothing that can't be changed when compared to the original board.

To add a scenario for your board, click on the link in the Scenarios column in your board design list. You can only create or modify scenarios for Dev or Submitted boards as usual. Once you create a scenario, the base board effectively becomes just a data master, you can't actually start games directly on it any more, only on the different scenarios.

Locking
    If you update for example the territories in the base board this will automatically update the territories in all scenarios where the lock symbol shows.

Territory unlocking
    Because unlocking territories could potentially mean the border, continent and scenario information (imagine if you delete a territory in a scenario, you could end up with borders to nowwhere, continents with a member that doesn't exist etc) when you unlock territories you are forced to unlock these three areas.

Modifiers
    These are considered part of the border information and cannot be unlocked separately to borders.

Rankings / Ratings
    Games won on different scenarios all count towards the same base board ranking. Same goes for ratings.

Still to do
    Board reviews - need to determine how to review a board with multiple scenarios
    Teamplay starting scenarios
    Designer - show that updates are blocked by scenario setting visually within the Designer

Next up: ranking history charts for the the Board Championship and Global Ranking pages, then onto the Simultaneous Play implementation {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

20. #40 / 391
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

To add a scenario for your board, click on the link in the Scenarios column in your board design list. You can only create or modify scenarios for Dev or Submitted boards as usual. Once you create a scenario, the base board effectively becomes just a data master, you can't actually start games directly on it any more, only on the different scenarios.

The Charts are awesome tom! 

Re: Scenarios: It looks like we can't create scenarios for Live boards.  Can I create them for later versions?  Also, right now I don't see any way to copy boards to make other versions or scenarios..    It's been a while since I've designed a board, but something seems missing. Wasn't there a button for that?

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123456789»»»   (20 in total)