206 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««5678910111213»»»   (20 in total)
  1. #161 / 391
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

..on the other side of the argument, a player can boost their global ranking by mastering just one board an playing that one exclusively. The existing board ranking system balances this be encourage players to play more than one board.

Personally, I see both of these measures as having greater value when viewed together, and that's why I agree with you that these lists should be side by side.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Thu 23rd Dec 10:09 [history]

2. #162 / 391
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Agreed - I've added them both to the home page.

3. #163 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

About the fact that top 20 players now appear on Home page, I would have prefered top 10 players according to the Global ranking to appear too. I believe Global ranking is more important than points and would deserve at least to share the Home page.

I do still prefer Championship Points as top top, but I do think having a top 10 CP and 10 Global Ranking list would be cool on the home page.  As has been talked about too, a more recent Rankings list (as in the past 3-6 months) would be cool at some point too.

Toto wrote:

About the rankings, I also believe that there is room to extend the tournament ranking display to more players, and also to have this information on each player's profile, as there is no way to know your own ranking (unless you are among the top 20 players) or who is number 21.

You can see your Tournament Rankings by going to Profile>>Player Stats>>Select Tournaments and all your info is there.  Ideally though I do think the Rankings page should have a Tournaments tab with all the same columns with the addition of Tournament Wins column.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

4. #164 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Awesome fixes tom!

Also, what happened to the Forums upgrade? Looks like we went back a version?

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

5. #165 / 391
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

You can see your Tournament Rankings by going to Profile>>Player Stats>>Select Tournaments and all your info is there.  Ideally though I do think the Rankings page should have a Tournaments tab with all the same columns with the addition of Tournament Wins column.

Thank you for the information. I think I tried this in the past and nothing was happening. Anyway, it works now, which is nice.

I fully agree with you about the Tournaments tab. I though I could not ask that much.

6. #166 / 391
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thank you Tom for having modified the Home page following my suggestion. I sometimes feel I'm the only one thinking like me.

7. #167 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

:) no problem

Yertle - the quick edit area is back now, good spot (as usual!)

8. #168 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

- Added link to Open games to Board about page

What is this?

*edit* Ahhh, found it!  Cool!

Edited Thu 23rd Dec 11:19 [history]

9. #169 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

- Custom initial setup - added setting for initial unit bonus and initial cards

So you can only specify number of cards and not which type of cards?  IE no A/B/C? 

Also no limit on cards? What happens when set to 9999999999999?

Also Initial Unit Bonus drop down menu is pretty difficult to read as it has backdrop to that blends in with the rest of the Scenario tab.

And this makes #3 use of the word Scenario!!!!!

Edited Thu 23rd Dec 13:29 [history]

10. #170 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Haha well can you think of a better name for that tab? Colors seems a bit limited for what it does. I take your point it could be a bit confusing!

You have to specify the actual cards, i.e. ABC (or abc). Anything else get rejected. I should probably make that a bit clearer ;)

11. #171 / 391
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

FYI, still only getting the html option for full text editor (IE7).

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

12. #172 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Haha well can you think of a better name for that tab? Colors seems a bit limited for what it does. I take your point it could be a bit confusing!

You have to specify the actual cards, i.e. ABC (or abc). Anything else get rejected. I should probably make that a bit clearer ;)

How about "Setup" or "Startup" for the "Scenario" on the Design tab and "Build" or "Structure" for the "Colors" tab, then Scenarios could be specific to Scenarios ("Mods").  (*edit* Just realized there was "Setup" used on WF which was essentially the Design>>Scenario tab, so dunno if you wanna go that route)

Not a huge fan of these, but just been drifting through thesaurus.com and just throwing out suggestions.

The negative to changing the Design>>Scenario one is that the Board>Starting Scenario would potentially need to be relabled, although it seems like that may need updating anyhow to reflect the new information of the "Colors" tab anyhow.

Been playing a bit with the cards, and after quite a bit of playing I think I may begin to understand...although pretty wacky at first :p  And I think I can see a few questions arising out of the structure (ie tying cards to Seat and not necessarily color...or something like that :p).

Edited Tue 28th Dec 15:06 [history]

13. #173 / 391
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Any updates on capital city reform or continent modifiers?  I'd also love to see irrelevant territories, spawning, and barren territories?  Have all of these things been thrown out or just set to low priority?

Edited Wed 29th Dec 13:37 [history]

14. #174 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

Spell check ability through Firefox appears to have been disabled for the Quick Reply and Full Editor as well, could these get turned back on?

15. #175 / 391
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    tom wrote:

Spell check ability through Firefox appears to have been disabled for the Quick Reply and Full Editor as well, could these get turned back on?

i've stolen them. you can't have them until IE gets the full editor (instead of html) back. ;^)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

16. #176 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

A few little overdue post-festive bug fixes. Feel free to drop a reminder in any thread where I haven't responded yet. I've gone ahead and renamed the Scenario button / tab in some areas of the Designer to try and make things less confusing for all - thanks to Yertle for the suggestions.

Bug Fixes
    - Designer - Fixed 'Test Fill' not working
    - Designer - Fixed black fill color being used when creating inital board setup
    - Removed board preview image appearing on some board About pages
    - Re-enabled Firefox built in spellchecker
    - Fixed board image cropping with large board images where player border is on (http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1250/Board_HW_Size_Cached_Bug)

Changes / Enhancements
    - Added page numbers to bottom of game list
    - Designer - Renamed 'Scenario' Rules tab to 'Initial Setup'
    - Designer - Renamed 'Scenario' tab to 'Setup'
    - Designer - Renamed 'Scenario' top toolbar back to 'Colors'

So to clarify the new labels:

Setup refers to the initial board setup (i.e. the initial distribution of units on the board)

The 'Colors' tab refers to the player color and team configuration (also now includes starting bonus and cards)

'Scenarios' now refer only to the different possible configurations of each board (similar to mods on ToS)

Hopefully a little clearer than before!

17. #177 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The renaming of "Scenario"s in the Flash Player of a game slated for later?

18. #178 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yep.

19. #179 / 391
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

I've made a change to the log file entries - previously if you had units in reserve it would list the reserve units + the bonus units in the log.

e.g. before if I had 2 reserve units and received 4 bonus units, the log entry was:

tom received 6 units

Now it will say:

tom received 4 bonus units

20. #180 / 391
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:

The 'Colors' tab refers to the player color and team configuration (also now includes starting bonus and cards)

The Rule "Use team names defined in Scenario" could be updated to "Colors".

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««5678910111213»»»   (20 in total)