232 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #21 / 32
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote: As an American Football fan, I have recently become more and more impressed by the simplicity and purity of the sport. When I watch matches on TV, I'm able to watch for longer and longer periods. I'm becoming more and more aware of subtleties of the sport and hence more appreciative and entertained when I see outstanding play.

Then ..All of a sudden, I'm starting to worry about tinnitus. Is it contagious? Is there a vaccine?

I know what you mean. I've actually started playing the game casually with friends once a week since last semester, and since then have more and more begun to appreciate the game, whereas I used to think it looked so boring.

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

2. #22 / 32
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yep. It's truly a fascinating game, and deeper than it looks at first glance. And the long stretches that to the untrained eye look "boring" are broken up by moments that carry more excitement than any other sport I can think of. That sequence coming off the corner kick in the Germany/Serbia game this morning was simply breathtaking.

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

3. #23 / 32
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

It doesn't really matter how beautiful the game is when it can be decided by the arbitrary whim of the officials.

I don't have much (any) emotional involvement in the sport or any team, but have been made aware of the way officiating works because of the whole denied US goal in their 2 vs 2 tie vs.  um, Slovenakiastanslav or something.

I wasn't really appalled at the call, what's appalling to me is the idea that any one of the refs can call a penalty and assign a card without having to explain what the foul is for or who it's on.

How an international sport with billions of fans can put up with that sort of system is beyond me.  I mean, for no other argument other than the fact that it makes bribing or otherwise corrupting a ref that much easier.  And it's not like throwing a red card means you sit for 2 minutes or even that you have to leave the game and someone subs for you, it's like getting a power play for the entire remainder of the game.  Absolutely mind-boggling.

The last ytmnd link I will use as a sig, I swear.

4. #24 / 32
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

It doesn't really matter how beautiful the game is when it can be decided by the arbitrary whim of the officials.

Is this a serious statement? What sport do you like?

In heaven, there are no heart attacks

5. #25 / 32
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Just as another example, in this game I came back from 2 units on one territory:
    http://www.wargear.net/games/player/18449
    turn 622.

asm: I have no earthly clue what you're talking about

6. #26 / 32
    Standard Member Genkiwi
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

norlingk wrote:

Coming back from 1 army on 1 territory to win is cool, to be sure.  Scoreboard.

You are a cheat! You are playing under two accounts and that is how you won!

7. #27 / 32
    Standard Member Vataro
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Ohohohoho, this just got interesting. Do go on "Genkiwi".

Give a man fire and he's warm for a day... but set him on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

8. #28 / 32
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

In http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/906p1/I_think_JAMA_and_KREML666_are_the_same_PERSON! he said he was just joking with norlingk.

IF YOU ARE SUGGESTING ASM IS A GOOD PLAYER YOU WILL STOP NOW, OR I WILL CALL HR AND I WILL PUT AN END TO IT, FOR THAT IS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO ME.

9. #29 / 32
    Standard Member Genkiwi
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Yup I was joking, we have caught real cheats the other day which is great news!

10. #30 / 32
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Did you ever her the story about the kiwi who cried "Wolf"?

11. #31 / 32
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

He got banned.

(jokes)

12. #32 / 32
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

ZenGear koan: I ate one kiwi, and it was filling. Then I ate two kiwis, and I felt the same.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)