221 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

I'm in a public game on a map where I found a missing border, and having that border is necessary in order for me to finish my turn.  The mapmaker has made the change, but it does not seem to have applied to my game, do changes like that not apply to games already in progress?

BD

2. #2 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Border changes should apply -- did the designer remember to save?

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #3 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

They should be immediate - what's the board id? I assume this was a Dev board and the designer edited the right version of the board?

4. #4 / 10
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

It's the House of Fog map.  He is referring to the border between Sunroom 4 and the Sunroom Candle and Sunroom 12 and the Sunroom Candle.  The borders are there, or at least when I click on them it says that a two way border exists there.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

5. #5 / 10
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

If it's a live/public map (e.g. not Dev), then the border change will only apply to new games created on the updated version after the designer promotes the new version to live. Existing public games are not affected. At least, that's been my experience.

6. #6 / 10
    Standard Member Beastlymaster
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Kjeld wrote:

If it's a live/public map (e.g. not Dev), then the border change will only apply to new games created on the updated version after the designer promotes the new version to live. Existing public games are not affected. At least, that's been my experience.

That is what I just verified on the board.  I don't know if there is a way to force the border change to happen, but it doesn't look like it.

~~~~~~~~~~
    So, Beastlymaster, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

7. #7 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Beastlymaster wrote:

It's the House of Fog map.  He is referring to the border between Sunroom 4 and the Sunroom Candle and Sunroom 12 and the Sunroom Candle.

I have added a Default border between Sunroom 4 and Sunroom Candle and Sunroom 12 and Sunroom Candle to board 2371 which appears to be the Live Scenario Board that is currently being played in the 2 Public games and the Tournament.  These borders should not be present in the Live version of this Scenario (not the other 2 scenarios, as I'm unsure if they are needed and don't have the Board ids).

What Kjeld said is correct.  Going forward any game started (outside of the already started Tournament) will be played out on the Version 2.0 set of boards which has Beastly's change.

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

8. #8 / 10
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Beastlymaster wrote:

It's the House of Fog map.  He is referring to the border between Sunroom 4 and the Sunroom Candle and Sunroom 12 and the Sunroom Candle.

I have added a Default border between Sunroom 4 and Sunroom Candle and Sunroom 12 and Sunroom Candle to board 2371 which appears to be the Live Scenario Board that is currently being played in the 2 Public games and the Tournament.  These borders should not be present in the Live version of this Scenario (not the other 2 scenarios, as I'm unsure if they are needed and don't have the Board ids).

What Kjeld said is correct.  Going forward any game started (outside of the already started Tournament) will be played out on the Version 2.0 set of boards which has Beastly's change.

For this last part, out of curiosity, is it any new table opened after the changes are submitted or is it at game commence.  I ask because I fixed a couple of missing modifiers on the Pangaea map, then opened two tables, then realized I made the changes but didn't submit.  Thanks in advance.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

9. #9 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

For this last part, out of curiosity, is it any new table opened after the changes are submitted or is it at game commence.  I ask because I fixed a couple of missing modifiers on the Pangaea map, then opened two tables, then realized I made the changes but didn't submit.  Thanks in advance.

I believe when you click Create Game you stamp the Board Id that you are going to use for that game in stone.  So only games that are Created after Submit (and may even be a minute or two lag time, not too sure) will have the updates in them...I think.

Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

10. #10 / 10
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Darn, at least three contest games running with missing modifiers (only 4 so it isn't a big problem).
    Thanks.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)