199 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #1 / 48
    Standard Member bdf101
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

This is a place for people to accuse other people of unsporting conduct, and then for those other people to defend themselves. Hopefully this'll sorta act as a deterrant against those people who post false information in fogged games and thinks they can get away with it. Also saves people from having to spam everybody about who not to trust, and if the accusation was unfair, saves the defendant having to respam everybody the reasons they're trustworthy.

tldr: If you want to accuse someone, post a name and the evidence (ie, link to game), and we'll discuss

I'll try to keep the title post updated with the accused, the evidence, as well as their defence.

2. #2 / 48
    Standard Member bdf101
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

J'accuse! NewlyIdle, for falsely posting "All yours bdf, GG" when we were all even. The game isn't finished yet, but my brain's fairly leaky and I don't wanna forget, so

linky: http://www.wargear.net/games/player/60037

3. #3 / 48
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In a two player game, where things are pretty much even unit count wise, whoever has the current turn is usually at a pretty big advantage.   Your link is still all fogged to all of us, so I can't comment on those specifics.

4. #4 / 48
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Even without the benefit of seeing the history, certainly, NI is well within his rights to lie or mislead, and you are certainly allowed to bring it to our attention.  This is right in line with a recent thread where this type of behavior was discussed. 

Unless you are one of those people who think it is sporting to let the likely winner know they are winning in order to bring the game to a quicker end, there is really no reason to believe a player when they make such an announcement.  As for me, I'd be much more concerned about a player who makes a similar announcement in an attempt to get other players to attack me, which it is possible he could have been doing.

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

5. #5 / 48
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i do believe that Newly thought the game was over and was a concessional statement. something happened (maybe him taking me out) changed that and pissed bdf off...

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

6. #6 / 48
    Standard Member bdf101
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Nope, different game. You weren't in this one, weathertop. It was Newly, jessetheseal and me.

I'm not sure when he posted that, but I saw it around turn 400. Looking at the history, I had 4 continents to his 3. By the end of that turn, I had 1 to his 4. In no way was it "all mine". He basically used it as a diversion so jesse wouldn't attack him.

If I was actually dominating, then sure, fair enough. Except I wasn't. As quoted from him: "I have a long history on Warfish of being an early, and often wrong, prognosticator." So, don't listen to NewlyIdle, guys, he's either full of shit, or he's actively lying to win.

7. #7 / 48
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Thanks for the heads up about this guy, but nobody has a particular obligation to tell the truth--you just need a strategy for coping with people who lie in-game.

in your shoes I might have said something like:

"lolz, espeshully now that you wiped me pretty much outtttt.  You gonna keep my one guy up in your corner there or waht?"

That way your other players would be prompted to use their own noggins to figure out the actual situation.  And they would also think you're an idiot who can't spell.

Or you could go simple and say "Well, that sure didn't work out..." or "Stupid dice.  Yours now." or "You being sarcastic?"

Or you could post fun links!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piVnArp9ZE0

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/s/sun_tzu.html

Don't get mad, bdf, get even!  It's a war simulation--you can clobber people!

8. #8 / 48
    Standard Member Jumbolero
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

this one is greatest idiot on wargear, so frustrating to play with people like this blue guy just look...

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/61439

9. #9 / 48
    Standard Member Saiyan
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

You have to check this one out. It just shows that this guy has no class

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/61420

"Welcome to the end of your life...And i promise you it's going to hurt."

10. #10 / 48
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Jumbolero wrote:

this one is greatest idiot on wargear, so frustrating to play with people like this blue guy just look...

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/61439

Honestly, it's not like you conducted yourself with class, either. Besides, CollegeGradHere had no way to do any serious damage to warmoth unless he kamikaze'd his position in Australia and basically handed you the game. Obviously that wasn't happening, either.

Saiyan wrote:

You have to check this one out. It just shows that this guy has no class

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/61420

I don't know if I'd call it "no class". Yes, he dragged the game out a little longer than was really necessary, which I imagine would be annoying in a real-time game, but I didn't see anything particularly damning here. If anything, you should have taken advantage of his neutral fetish to get some cards and try to hop back into the thing, or at least annoy him enough to encourage him to finish you off in a timely fashion.

asm, RiskyBack and Ozyman wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

11. #11 / 48
    Standard Member Jumbolero
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Honestly, it's not like you conducted yourself with class, either. Besides, CollegeGradHere had no way to do any serious damage to warmoth unless he kamikaze'd his position in Australia and basically handed you the game. Obviously that wasn't happening, either.

I give him a tip that we are in trouble on chat, but he don't care about it, just continue to weaken me! that have no sense, becouse he don't have any chance if we don't play together against warmoth. why he does moves like this (history 385-415 and 426-433)? he going with all units on me and left africa borders with 1 army. and i just want to have a little bonus from s.america and let him to take africa so we can resist to double stronger player at least one round. He ruined any chance to win to me and to himself too.

12. #12 / 48
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Beware of General Patton (not to be confused with Patton who is a nice guy). We had an alliance...

http://www.wargear.net/games/player/61778

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

13. #13 / 48
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Toto wrote:

Beware of General Patton (not to be confused with Patton who is a nice guy). We had an alliance...

Looks to me like he honored your truce for awhile then went for the elimination to get your cards.  However with the bonus only at around 14/15 and not having enough units to take you anyways that was a poor strategy.  Even if he had eliminated you he would not have had anywhere else to go.

14. #14 / 48
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

If you're mad about an alliance, I think it's worth reading this thread:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1246

Betrayal stings.  Stupid betrayal makes you angry.  But it's a part of the game. 

Retaliate, move on.

15. #15 / 48
    Standard Member BlackDog
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

It is those who don't break alliances when it is in their best interest to do so who are poor players and should be avoided.

BD

Edited Wed 4th May 12:32 [history]

16. #16 / 48
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

AttilaTheHun wrote:
    Toto wrote:

Looks to me like he honored your truce for awhile then went for the elimination to get your cards.  However with the bonus only at around 14/15 and not having enough units to take you anyways that was a poor strategy.  Even if he had eliminated you he would not have had anywhere else to go.

He did not have a single chance to eliminate me, and as you said, the cost was out of all proportion compared to the value of my cards. But that was not a poor strategy, that was cheating. He publically admitted it was a second account with Neneleking :  http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1460/So_many_cheaters_What_should_be_done_

17. #17 / 48
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BlackDog wrote:

It is those who don't break alliances when it is in their best interest to do so who are poor players and should be avoided.

BD

BD, I have a lot of respect for you, as you are one of the best players this site ever had. But I believe you should not say that, at least without any details about what you really mean.

IMO, doing alliances is a part of the game and can make the difference. Breaking them is sometimes necessary, I agree. But a notice has to be given (1 full round minimum). What General Patton did was back-stabbing, and even cheating.

18. #18 / 48
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Toto, what BD is saying is that you should always play to win.  If you make an alliance it should be assumed that the alliance will be broken at some point.  Only one player can win.

Consider also that sometimes players make specific limited alliances.  Let's leave this particular border alone so we can worry about other fronts .. or even more specifically something like  ..I promise not to attack you for the next 2 turns if you don't attack me.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could "really "play WG boards in real-time?
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home
    Edited Sun 5th Jun 06:50 [history]

19. #19 / 48
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Back-stabbing is not cheating. 

Cheating is doing things outside the rules.  It should be punished by an admin.

Back-stabbing is doing something outside an agreement.  It should be punished by players who hate that kind of thing, and by players who got screwed.

Avoiding back-stabbing is easy: don't make alliances.  Otherwise it's just the price you pay for the advantage an alliance gives you.  Keep in mind that plenty of players think that having an alliance at all is already cheating.  (It's not, for basically the same reasons.)

I appreciate that you try to play like a gentleman, Toto.  Can I recommend that you read stuff by the philosopher Thomas Hobbes?  It may help shed some light on why life on WarGear is "nasty, brutish, and short."

20. #20 / 48
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BTdubs wrote:

Back-stabbing is not cheating. 

Cheating is doing things outside the rules.  It should be punished by an admin.

Back-stabbing is doing something outside an agreement.  It should be punished by players who hate that kind of thing, and by players who got screwed.

Avoiding back-stabbing is easy: don't make alliances.  Otherwise it's just the price you pay for the advantage an alliance gives you.  Keep in mind that plenty of players think that having an alliance at all is already cheating.  (It's not, for basically the same reasons.)

I appreciate that you try to play like a gentleman, Toto.  Can I recommend that you read stuff by the philosopher Thomas Hobbes?  It may help shed some light on why life on WarGear is "nasty, brutish, and short."

Thanks for your reading recommandation. If I find some time...

You are right about what you said. I was not clear when saying "What General Patton did was back-stabbing, and even cheating". I should have said that it was not back-stabbing, it was cheating. Indeed, I discovered recently that these 2 players are 1 player using a double account.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)