218 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 15
    Standard Member Crandawg
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I have a Very fun and Great idea for a board, but i have not time or experience in creating boards. I barely have time to take my turns sometimes. If you are interested in designing the next hot board about it let me know and I will spread my idea to one person (we cant have 6 of the same board now can we?).

2. #2 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Crandawg wrote:

(we cant have 6 of the same board now can we?).

Wouldn't have 6 separate boards, but could have 6 Scenarios with slightly different settings or just simply different graphics by different board designers (although the owner would have to enter the Scenarios).

I'd be interested, but imagine there may be others interested too, soooo... up to you Smile!

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

3. #3 / 15
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

ditto...seems i have the opposite problem, finding neat ideas for boards, but not necessarily for game play for them.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #4 / 15
    Standard Member Jigler
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

yeah bro, let us hear it

Grace and Peace to you from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ

5. #5 / 15
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Crandawg wrote:

(we cant have 6 of the same board now can we?).

Wouldn't have 6 separate boards, but could have 6 Scenarios with slightly different settings or just simply different graphics by different board designers (although the owner would have to enter the Scenarios).

I'd be interested, but imagine there may be others interested too, soooo... up to you Smile!

I've thought before that we should have a map 'contest' - something like the photoshop contests you see on Fark.  Come up with some theme & some constraints, and then give everyone 6 months to come up with something cool.  Everything that passes review gets loaded up as different scenarios on one map.  We'd have to create a global mapmaker account, maybe Alan Smithee

6. #6 / 15
    Standard Member Crandawg
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

Yertle... Shoot me an e-mail. and I will see if you are interested. [email protected]

Looks like Yertle has had a lot of experience and high ranking boards.

7. #7 / 15
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:

I've thought before that we should have a map 'contest' - something like the photoshop contests you see on Fark.  Come up with some theme & some constraints, and then give everyone 6 months to come up with something cool.  Everything that passes review gets loaded up as different scenarios on one map.  We'd have to create a global mapmaker account, maybe Alan Smithee

We were just talking about this in a game on a port of Doom's Crescent Isle that Jigler/Raptor have been working on.  Sounds like a cool idea, one that I think we were going to do on WF at one time, but then I think WG interrupted us :p.

As for the account, aye to we'd either have to have a global one (potential problems) or one owner that enters everything (perhaps could put under Cartographer's account) or an enhancement by tom to allow for collaboration designs (which would be cool, although may still have to have the one account it goes under). 

I'd be interested!

Cumberdale Classics Coming Soon!

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

8. #8 / 15
    Standard Member Viper
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

sounds like fun

9. #9 / 15
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

As long as there is a while to develop, I would be in.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

10. #10 / 15
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:

As long as there is a while to develop, I would be in.

That is how I feel too.  I am slow.  I figured 6 months should give me enough time - does that sound like enough for you?, and I guess if it took longer than the formal end of the contest, it could always get added later.

Should we have a prize?  Maybe Tom could sponsor 3 months of membership?  Or we all could kick in a couple bucks entry fee.

11. #11 / 15
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yes, 6 months (3 also) is fine and a prize would be nice, but I think bragging rights are enough for me.

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.
    Edited Sun 27th Mar 22:25 [history]

12. #12 / 15
    Factory Worker Edward Nygma
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'm in.  I'm also interested in hearing this idea Crandawg.  As far as a global map making account, it would be nice if the board's creator could grant access to players, so they could all be in one place, but only certain players could access certain boards' design page.

13. #13 / 15
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Edward Nygma wrote:

As far as a global map making account, it would be nice if the board's creator could grant access to players, so they could all be in one place, but only certain players could access certain boards' design page.

I don't think we all need access (and it sounds complicated for Tom).  Just design the board under your own account, and then when you are done, export the XML & send that & the images to the official maintainer (or maintainers).

14. #14 / 15
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

is 6 months too long? i was thinking more like 6 weeks, but could be 3 months as a compromise...

i like the idea of everyone desinging their own and then we can upload with cartographer's account (i'd keep my name on the graphic tho i think).

and would we be going with just one board or multiple scenarios of one? (can you do seperate scenarios with different graphics? - if not then we'd need to pick at least a fill graphic to insure that doesn't break...)

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

15. #15 / 15
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

You can do different graphics for each scenario.  I say the scenarios are just the map maker's name, or maybe 'name - description'

How about a new thread for this so that someone who might be interested, doesn't miss the discussion in here:

http://www.wargear.net/forum/showthread/1482/Map_Making_Competition

Edited Sun 27th Mar 23:36 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)