Pages:   123   (3 in total)
  1. #21 / 41
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes that's right.

So Scenario and Board Scenario, that's what you advocate?

2. #22 / 41
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Scenario editing should now be fixed.

re: the naming, I agree there should be a different name for 'Starting Scenario' vs 'Board Scenario'.

How about 'Starting Setup' and 'Board Scenario'?

I'm not that keen to recycle usage of 'mod' for obvious reasons :)

How about 'Board Setup' and Board Scenario'

Or Just 'Board' and 'Scenario'

BAO alternative:
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

3. #23 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: Yes that's right.

So Scenario and Board Scenario, that's what you advocate?

No, I think they should be different.

I'm just saying that if you change the original Starting Scenario to something else then you have to change it in a lot of places and existing boards may need changes to images/descriptions to reflect this.  Changing the new Board Scenario to something else may take less changes since it is in less upfront places (at least that we the users see).

"Setup" works, just not a fan of the term in "War terms" :p.

I don't think just 'Board' is good to attempt to double use either.

4. #24 / 41
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

How about Starting Configuation, or Starting Positions, or Initial Setup, or something like that? (These are not very warish, but are at least removed from mod/scenario/version)

Never Start Vast Projects With Half Vast Ideas.

5. #25 / 41
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Thanks for fixing the starting scenario lock, it appears to be functioning correctly now.

6. #26 / 41
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

So the bug is almost fixed, I had it set so that the two starting scenarios looked correct and showed correctly in the board viewer. Then I updated the image at the base board level with a minor rule change/graphic update and this reset both starting scenarios back to the default. After fixing the starting scenario again, all seems to be correct, but I thought I would report this bug as it could be very irritating.

7. #27 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

Also, does the Rules page get updated on the Board Info page when you select a Scenario with different Rules? It appears it doesn't, so how would one get to the different Rules set?  Same with Board/Starting Scenario/Cards.

I see the Board Settings table and Starting Scenario page have the tabs for each Scenario, that looks great and works great IMO. 

More IMO Feedback:

• About Tab: Pull the Design Information table into the Scenarios tabs, so that information is presented there.  Allow a Board Description for the Base Board (like current) and also pull the Description into each Scenario as well.
    • Board Tab:  Have Scenario tabs if Board, Territories, Borders, Modifiers, or Continents are different.
    • Cards Tab: Have Scenario tabs if Card images are different.
    • Rules Tab: Have Scenario tabs if Rules are different.  If different, then maybe Bold/Red Rules that are different from the Base Board.
    • Create Game:  On the About tab if you have selected a Scenario, then default that one in when you click Create Game (and update to Board Image of the Scenario if possible).

Just nice to haves IMO.

8. #28 / 41
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

In the bug above, it appears that any change to the base board effects the "board mods"/"starting scenarios" whether locked or unlocked not just changing the image.

As Yertle suggest, an easy way to navigate different Scenarios on a board in the designer would be great, but is certainly not an immediate necessity.

Default scenario - It would be nice to be able to order the starting scenarios/board mods so that they appear that way in the drop down menu for the board; especially be able to set the default mod in a way that is different than using alphabetical ordering.
    Maybe just have the based board called "Default" and automatically create a mod when the board is initially created. The title of this mod can be changed if desirable later on, but that mod would always be locked to the base board (all locks are set to locked).

9. #29 / 41
    Standard Member CiscoKid
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote: The Rating column of a Board Info page displays 11 stars: http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Asherons%20Gear

Whoot!  Spinal Tap have arrived with ELEVEN!

10. #30 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote:
    As Yertle suggest, an easy way to navigate different Scenarios on a board in the designer would be great, but is certainly not an immediate necessity.

I was talking about the Board Info page:ie http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Castles (dunno of any Live/Beta with Scenarios yet)

Alpha wrote: Default scenario - It would be nice to be able to order the starting scenarios/board mods so that they appear that way in the drop down menu for the board; especially be able to set the default mod in a way that is different than using alphabetical ordering.

Maybe just have the based board called "Default" and automatically create a mod when the board is initially created.

Aye to ordering the Scenarios. 

I don't think a Scenario should be automatically created since if there are 0 Scenarios there wouldn't necessarily be a need to duplicate that board info to a Scenario.  Also the Board Base may not be what's intended to be played, but rather the information held in the Scenarios (ie a different Image).  Then also there would have to be a way to Delete the "Default" or reset it and Hide an old one.

Alpha wrote: The title of this mod can be changed if desirable later on, but that mod would always be locked to the base board (all locks are set to locked).

Not a good idea IMO, then you wouldn't have the ability to have a "dummy" Board Base (mainly Image IMO).  Also if the Default Scenario is the problem then there would have to be a way to Delete it (which then why not have the ability to just unlock the "Default").

11. #31 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Is the ability to Import/Export the data of Scenarios possible?

12. #32 / 41
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

The Tournaments page doesn't display Extended turn time under the Options column (the way that I expect that it would, since the corresponding Games page does). For example: This tournament http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/view/125 has Extended turn timer... but this page http://www.wargear.net/tournaments/default shows empty under 'Options' (other options like teamplay and fog are in there... just like on the games list)

Hope my explanation makes sense

Just doing my part to hold in Risky's big deal-ness

13. #33 / 41
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

@Yertle
    thanks, I wasn't thinking of using the base board as just a template, but as the first implementation and therefore reviewed prior to scenarios added. I see the idea and usefulness of your proposal although both views are essentially the same in my opinion (your may be easier to work with).

By the way Five is a live board with three scenarios so you can see what it looks like. It was a little annoying (nothing too terrible) to leave the board each time to edit a different scenario which was my bit about designer navigation.

14. #34 / 41
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

New bug (probably scenario related): In the create new game drop down list, Five appears four times (if it appeared 5 times I wouldn't have reported it). One of these is a beta highlighted version and the other three appear to be normal versions (I am guessing the three scenario starts). From my end, the live version of Five is the only board in my board designs list with such a name so there shouldn't be a beta version at all. In the board browser, Five appears only once as is expected. Maybe this is two bugs rolled into one.

*edit - selecting any of the normal Five's listed in the drop down does not generate the "Scenario Name:" drop down selection list in the create game menu the way the board browser does.  Selected the beta highlighted Five from the drop down does.

Edited Fri 20th Aug 23:40 [history]

15. #35 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Alpha wrote: So the bug is almost fixed, I had it set so that the two starting scenarios looked correct and showed correctly in the board viewer. Then I updated the image at the base board level with a minor rule change/graphic update and this reset both starting scenarios back to the default. After fixing the starting scenario again, all seems to be correct, but I thought I would report this bug as it could be very irritating.

tom are all the bugs with this fixed?  I wanna make sure before I venture to add 300+ continents to a scenario :)

16. #36 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

+ Chat bar now appears on top of Flash Player.

I've never had a problem with the Flash Player, but the Chat Bar still goes behind the Board Designer.

Chat Bar appears behind Charts on Rankings/Charts pages.

17. #37 / 41
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:
    Alpha wrote: So the bug is almost fixed, I had it set so that the two starting scenarios looked correct and showed correctly in the board viewer. Then I updated the image at the base board level with a minor rule change/graphic update and this reset both starting scenarios back to the default. After fixing the starting scenario again, all seems to be correct, but I thought I would report this bug as it could be very irritating.

tom are all the bugs with this fixed?  I wanna make sure before I venture to add 300+ continents to a scenario :)

I tested and couldn't reproduce the problem - maybe double check for me :)

18. #38 / 41
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I couldn't find anything!

19. #39 / 41
    Where's the armor? Mongrel
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I need ointment.

Longest innings. Most deadly.

20. #40 / 41
    Pop. 1, Est. 1981 Alpha
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote:
    Yertle wrote:

I tested and couldn't reproduce the problem - maybe double check for me :)

Still there.  On day at the races board v0.1, I created two scenarios.  One called six players, one called standard.  On the six player scenario, scenario lock is unlocked and I added a scenario for 6 players.  Saved, checked by exiting and reentering, went into the base board, change the scenerio there by decreasing one starting positions units, saved, now 6 player has that scenario with only three players allocated units.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   123   (3 in total)