231 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 10
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

This board is up for review, submitted by Pappy I assume during his free 1-month premium:

http://www.wargear.net/games/view/22864

He's now a standard member and in response to a minor border issue he replied:

"Yeah I'm still in but I can't edit now that I'm standard can I?"

So I replied:

"Well that's a problem.  You've been able to submit a board for review, and nowhere in the review guidelines does it say not being a member is grounds for failure.  It's also not going to work out if you can't edit the board now is it.  I'll start a post on the forums so that people with more brains than me can figure this out."

So yeah, as it stands we seem to be in agreement that the board is not bad enough to fail (hehe) but...  what do we do here?

Where he keeps his liquor is a secret still.

2. #2 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Well this seems clear cut to me..

If my membership runs out I can't design and therefore submit boards. However, all my boards stay active on the site, right? To say otherwise would totally mess up the statistics.

You need a premium membership to design a board. Fair enough. If Pappy's design is not complete when his membership expires then technically (and in reality), it can't become active. He should have to pay his dues.

In this particular case, he is so close that you could as a gesture of good will offer to make the required changes for him.

I've never been a standard member so I don't know what it's like. Personally, I'd say standard members should have access to the board designer so they can create a limited number of games, maybe 2 or 3, that they can play privately. Of course, if they make a good game they will feel pressured (by their opponents/friends as well as their own egos) to become premium members and make those boards public. Win/Win.

BTW, as it currently stands, if my membership runs out and I lose access to the board designer, all my boards under construction wouldn't be deleted, would they?  That would be harsh punishment for letting your account lapse..

..but we won't be happy until there is a "barren" designer feature.
    Edited Thu 8th Jul 08:03 [history]

3. #3 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

You can still edit existing boards, you just can't create more of them so it should work, if not let me know.

4. #4 / 10
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote:

Personally, I'd say standard members should have access to the board designer so they can create a limited number of games, maybe 2 or 3, that they can play privately.

Standard members do have access to the Board Designer tool and they can create 1 active board (unless they already have more from during Premium status, then they should be able to edit existing as tom said) and even have the ability to submit and release the board to Live.

5. #5 / 10
    Brigadier General M57 M57 is offline now
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Then what's the issue? Does or doesn't Pappy have the ability to edit his board under review?

..but we won't be happy until there is a "barren" designer feature.

6. #6 / 10
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

should be able to, don't think he's tried yet. i just posted tom's reply in the game.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

7. #7 / 10
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Any board that he's created he'll still be able to edit fully. If not it might be a bug...

8. #8 / 10
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

M57 wrote: Then what's the issue? Does or doesn't Pappy have the ability to edit his board under review?

Just a question of what you mean by 'ability'.

I don't play defense.

9. #9 / 10
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Subtle like a brick to the face.

Where he keeps his liquor is a secret still.

10. #10 / 10
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

That's me.

I don't play defense.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)