216 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««34567891011»»»   (14 in total)
  1. #121 / 276
    Standard Member AdamN
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Severene wrote:

Severene here.

Im 41 yrs old.  Been married 20 years, I have 3 children (boy 16, girl 14, girl 11) and 1 grandchild (1mo girl).  Was in the USAF from 92-96.   My wife joined the Army 8 years ago and we moved around a lot: San Antonio, Puyallup, and Maryland.  

To and your wife,

Thank you!

On a side note, I always wondered on the fallout of ToS around board fees, if there was real money involved or just principle?

Edited Sat 26th Nov 09:36 [history]

2. #122 / 276
    Thread Slayer Severene
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Its not a whole lot of money. If I made $1 off a board every 2-3 weeks though I could still claim to be making money.  Reporting to my wife that I was not wasting my time was a key factor in enjoying creating more boards for people to play on.

3. #123 / 276
    Standard Member M57
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

My boards on Tos paid for my membership and a few drinks; but that's about it.   Not complaining.

It should be possible to play WG boards in real-time ..without the wait, regardless of how many are playing.
    https://sites.google.com/site/m57sengine/home

4. #124 / 276
    Standard Member kcoopey
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

As a supreme being of leisure, war(gaming) is Scorpio!'s favorite way to unwind after a long day of threatening the UN with the Doomsday Device, and managing the weather machine and germ warfare divisions.

Scorpio! prefers to take his turns from a hammock, which he purchased in the hammock district.

Scorpio! doesn't like things that elevate him above other people. He's just like you. Oh, sure, he comes later in the day, he gets paid a lot more and he takes longer vacations, but he doesn't like the word "boss".

Drop me a line if you're on the East Coast.

Scorpio!

5. #125 / 276
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

But... your name is kcoopey?

6. #126 / 276
    Standard Member rist9
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

New here. been playing RISK since back when the pieces were made of wood. pl;ayed at dominategame.com for the last 10 years, site is dead now.

7. #127 / 276
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Welcome to wargear.  If you notice anything missing from wargear that dominategame had, you can suggest it in the forums & Tom may get to it as he has time.

Edited Sun 17th Feb 01:23 [history]

8. #128 / 276
    Standard Member NewlyIdle
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Raptor wrote: ... I may be the old man of the group as I am screaming up on 4 decades of solar rotation....

LOL at thinking 40 is old for a gamer.  I doubt you're within 50% of "old man of the group" status.  I'm going to hit 60 this year, and the friend who turned me on to ToS considers me a young pup.

Great bio, though.  What does "progressive rock" mean to you?

9. #129 / 276
    Standard Member stickyfrog
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hello Fellow Gamers,

I'm stickyfrog, and I'm pleased to find a good place to play. I've played Risk for many years but this is my first try at playing online. I got crushed in my first game so I see I have some learning to do, but I look forward to the challenge. Thanks......stickyfrog.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}   (eben)

10. #130 / 276
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Welcome Stickyfrog!

You'll find the players here are good peeps, but better risk players! There is always lots to learn.

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

11. #131 / 276
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

welcome to wargear stickyfrog.

FYI - we have 3 map making competitions a year here.  Even if you don't make maps you can play on the contestants and vote to decide the winner.    Voting on the 'LEGO' theme competition ends in less than a week, so you don't really have time to play games on all the maps, but the next theme is 'Tessellation/Escher' and there is still a few months of time to play those before the vote.  Here are the contestants:

Escherdiles by Ratsy

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Escherdiles

Hex by Amidon37

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Hex

HexGear by Kjeld

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/HexGear

Kensington by Weather Top

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/4113

Lizard Tessellations by Ozyman

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Lizard+Tesselations

Triforce Power  by Yertle

http://www.wargear.net/boards/view/Triforce+Power

Edited Sun 24th Feb 12:24 [history]

12. #132 / 276
    Standard Member itsnotatumor
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: So, we've got a crew made up entirely of Renaissance Men, mostly with multiple degrees or graduate degrees, who like to play various games, are better athletes than the average folks, a cynical streak, and maybe a developing ego problem.

Hah! +1

36 year old Social Studies teacher at a private school in Mexico. Though I just happily signed a letter of intent to move to Guatemala in about 7 months.

Huge sci-fi/historical fiction reader open to suggestions, taught Fencing at WSU "Go Cougs", love turn based strategy like Total War and Civ, friends invited me here about 14 months ago and I've been hooked ever since.  

Btw. Who eats the whole apple? Seriously?

Fortune favors the bold, and chance favors the prepared mind...

13. #133 / 276
    Standard Member ronverse
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I am extremely grateful to the creators of this website. Thank you so much! will be on here as often as I can. 

14. #134 / 276
    Standard Member Raiden
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hello WarGear community

15. #135 / 276
    Standard Member ratsy
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hey Raiden, welcome!

"I shall pass this but once, any good I can do, or kindness I can show; let me do it now. Let me not difer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." -Stephen Grellet

16. #136 / 276
    Standard Member SexySass
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Hello World [wait! Isn't that a computer program output?] {#emotions_dlg.shakehead}{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I am new [Duh!] 22, female, and thinking about college. I got my nickname from a friend bc it fits me! LOL 

I see tons of open games and joined a few but they have not yet started so I created one called:

Im New Join Me

Won't you?

SexySass

17. #137 / 276
    Standard Member SexySass
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

I have been testing every online risk game I can find, looking for one that I like. The interfaces here are very intuitive and I adore the site! I have made my decision and am letting the other sites slowly disappear as I finish my games there. I have not sent money to any of the other sites, but I sent in my money for this one and am now a premium member because I want to rule the world in style! LOLOLOL

Thx for creating an awesome site!

18. #138 / 276
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Welcome to WarGear.  Glad to hear you think this was the best of the risk-like sites.  I think wargear is quite special - tons of unique features that you will discover if you stick around long enough.

19. #139 / 276
    Standard Member SexySass
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Thx Ozyman! I am just clicking on a ton of buttons and trying stuff to see how it works! Great fun! The thing here that blows away the other sites is that the interface contains everything needed, but it is all very intuitive and so only limited questions need be asked. As I learn more, things that were a problem become a non problem here. AWESOME!

I hope to be here for the long run.

20. #140 / 276
    Premium Member Footfungus
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

I am finishing up my Ph.D. in social psychology. My goal is to be a professor, teach and conduct research on the evolutionary functions of consciousness. In my limited spare time I play guitar, swim on my university's club team, spend time with my girlfriend, and, of course, play risk online a bit too much. 

Footfungus

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««34567891011»»»   (14 in total)