205 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   «««67891011121314   (14 in total)
  1. #261 / 276
    Standard Member Abraham the Mage
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

All things taken into consideration, a 1v1 or last 2 players left surrender is the most courteous and best way to conduct oneself.

I hope that doesn't make me an unchivalrous knave. I prefer to play things out to the bitter end regardless of the situation. Unless there are time constraints (ie. I should've been somewhere minutes ago, but I sneaked back to keep playing).

2. #262 / 276
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Abraham the Mage wrote:All things taken into consideration, a 1v1 or last 2 players left surrender is the most courteous and best way to conduct oneself.
    I hope that doesn't make me an unchivalrous knave. I prefer to play things out to the bitter end regardless of the situation. Unless there are time constraints (ie. I should've been somewhere minutes ago, but I sneaked back to keep playing).

No worries, playing it out to the end is the most common way to do things. I get fewer in game surrenders than final eliminations in the games I win.

3. #263 / 276
    Standard Member Flum
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hi, I am quite new I joined to play a game with some people I know from real life. I got eliminated pretty quickly from that but had a taste for it by then. So signed up to about 20 games.....big mistake, it quickly started to feel like a job! I barely had time for Wordle! I had a very lucky win on a fogged game that I had no idea what was going on, that might have boosted my confidence a little too much! I want to get better to be able to beat my husband who has been a regular on here for years and years and is pretty good. Antastic is fun, Civil War is confusing but fun. The classic one I need to get better at. Invention.... I just could not get my head around how that worked! I am fikkle so I might be off to new horizons if I get a run of losses. You seem a nice bunch though.

4. #264 / 276
    Shelley, not Moore Ozyman
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hi Flum. Glad to have you aboard. Finding the right # of games can be a challenge. 15-20 is just about perfect for me. As long as they are all 2-3 day turns, I get about ~8-10 turns each day, but can always skip a day if I get busy IRL. Feel free to invite me to a private game of invention if you want and I can explain anything that you find confusing. I assume you've checked out the wiki page for it?

5. #265 / 276
    Something fun Litotes
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

Hi Flum. Glad to have you here.

Invention is an advanced board, it takes a bit of getting used to, I know I was terrible my first outings there. I am also available for private games to give some pointers, if you want to, not just on invention but on any board.

Good luck against your husband :)

6. #266 / 276
    Standard Member Flum
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Thanks peeps! I think cracking invention is further in my future than today. : )

7. #267 / 276
    Standard Member Farty
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Hello gears, I am Farty

8. #268 / 276
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Welcome!

9. #269 / 276
    Premium Member Spider
    Rank
    Lieutenant
    Rank Posn

Hi Farty. Welcome and have fun.

10. #270 / 276
    Standard Member jpassana
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

New guy here. Name is Joe. Live in Houston. Originally from St Louis (go cards). Warfish appears to have finally bit the dust. Question: is wargears iPhone compatible?!?

11. #271 / 276
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

welcome Joe. you'll find many of us were orig from ToS (the other site; WF). some of us old fogeys came from ToS back in '09-'10. absolutely amazing ToS limped along this long!!

i did a stint in houston (~5yrs). the arm-pit of america. sweaty, stinky, bug infested and all-around not a great place to spend time. miss the gig, some of the peeps, do NOT miss the place!

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

12. #272 / 276
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

> is wargears iPhone compatible?!?

I think if you run in 'desktop' mode, you could in theory play on any mobile device? I pretty much never do because I'd rather play on a big screen, but I think others have said they play on their phones occasionally.

Edited Thu 4th May 10:46 [history]

13. #273 / 276
    Hey....Nice Marmot BorisTheFrugal
    Rank
    Captain
    Rank Posn

Ozyman wrote:> is wargears iPhone compatible?!?

I think if you run in 'desktop' mode, you could in theory play on any mobile device? I pretty much never do because I'd rather play on a big screen, but I think others have said they play on their phones occasionally.

Agreed. You CAN play on iphone or android using the regular web interface, but be prepared to find it annoying. You have to touch a country twice to get select it for an attack, and it's lots of zooming and unzooming to read countries and unit counts, but it is possible.

14. #274 / 276
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I pretty much exclusively play on my android phone. Only sometimes for specific boards will I hop on my desktop.

15. #275 / 276
    Standard Member Boobiwoobi
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

Hi everyone, i'm new here. i hope i'll like it here and spend a lot of time here! have a nice day!)🤗

16. #276 / 276
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Hi BoobiWoobi! Welcome to wargear. Hope you stick around a while - there is a lot to discover here on wargear, and the forum regulars are generally a friendly bunch, so feel free to post if you have questions or are looking to try out a new map or anything like that.

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««67891011121314   (14 in total)