219 Open Daily games
2 Open Realtime games
    Pages:   12   (2 in total)
  1. #1 / 27
    They see me rollin' IRoll11s
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2373072738&gid=301677411413#/group.php?v=wall&gid=301677411413

Right now it's open to everyone to upload photos post discussion and on the wall and all that other stuff I'm still trying to figure out.   I basically use FB to keep track of my nieces and nephews so don't be sending me friend requests and all that other Web 2.0 happy crappy.

{#emotions_dlg.yeahthat}

903244_big.jpg

2. #2 / 27
    Standard Member norbip
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

{#emotions_dlg.yeahthat}

joined.

3. #3 / 27
    Moderator...ish. Cramchakle
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

What's Facebook?

Happy Birthday to the ground!!!

4. #4 / 27
    Standard Member Killer
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I'm in

5. #5 / 27
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Cramchakle wrote: What's Facebook?

A horrible time sink that gives you brain gonorrhea.  Fortunately, I have a healthy supply of antibiotics at home, so I joined the group.

6. #6 / 27
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Group has 24 members. We're on our way to world domination!

903244_big.jpg

7. #7 / 27
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Group has 24 members. We're on our way to world domination!

903244_big.jpg

8. #8 / 27
    Premium Member KrocK
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

not sure if anyone else has heard about this(not sure if its true) but supposedly facebook will be charging something like $15/month.

if this is the case i may have to unfriend facebook...

9. #9 / 27
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

And that's how rumors get propagated over the interwebs.

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/fbcharge.asp

10. #10 / 27
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Facebook will never charge anything for access because YOU are not facebook's customers, YOU are their PRODUCT.

You don't charge the product.

-John Hancock-

11. #11 / 27
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Well, not unless you want to engage in some creative accounting so you can shuffle money off into the ether. But, then again, that's when you start spinning off random subsidiaries and shell companies so they can each pay each other while you skim a little off the top.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

12. #12 / 27
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

in

13. #13 / 27
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Oatworm wrote: Well, not unless you want to engage in some creative accounting so you can shuffle money off into the ether. But, then again, that's when you start spinning off random subsidiaries and shell companies so they can each pay each other while you skim a little off the top.

I really do like the way you think.

It's a trap!

14. #14 / 27
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

I think I might have made a mistake in creating this as a Group on Facebook and not a Page. Does anyone who knows more about FB want to weigh in on this? Should I recreate it as the official 'Page' for WG? Does it make a difference?

If not (or if so after the Page is created) does anyone want to share admin duties with me, or take charge? I'm happy with doing it but I'm certainly not a FB guru so someone might be better suited for it.

-John Hancock-

15. #15 / 27
    Standard Member Slimer
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

im not a FB guru either my wife is good but she hates this site cause I "spend to much time" on it. Hence why i dont have premium. SILLY LITTLE WIFE

16. #16 / 27
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

You gotta figure out a way to trick her into playing a few games and hope she gets hooked.

EDIT: On topic, I have no clue how to use facebook. I also hate it.

It's a trap!
    Edited Thu 25th Mar 13:03 [history]

17. #17 / 27
    Standard Member RiskyBack
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I have an above average working knowledge of the site but I have no idea what would be done with a Wargear.net page. People join, make one comment and then never see it again. We could post videos of our games but for what reason. We could post new maps but that's on the front page here and if people are checking FB to see what is going on before they check here then there are other issues. Anything done there should be done here on the forums.
    Unless there is gonna be advertising on FB (which has to be paid for) I don't see it doing any benefits other than having people who already play here join the group and do nothing about it.
    Anyways, I'd be more than happy to take over admin stuff if someone could tell me why. Browse around fansites and you'll find that for the most part they die after the first week unless the person keeps posting there and if you guys want to know how I lost 23 armies to 12 in a game of Asherton's Gear I'll post stuff like that all day until you all hide the site anyways. I can also post my thoughts about stuff but, as you have noticed, I'm really salty as of late so most of them would be about how everything sucks and the few things that don't suck are on the verge of sucking.
    The goal is to drive more people to the site and to really do that it has to be advertised and unless I sell one of my books (none completed) than I'm not paying for it and I don't really suggest that tom does either.

Just my thoughts on it.

The Status is NOT quo

18. #18 / 27
    Standard Member Oatworm
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

The only way it would make sense would be if Tom posted new feature updates or something similar. Past that, I have to agree with Risky, there's not much of a point otherwise, other than to have yet another outlet to brag.

asm wrote:
    I... can't find anything wrong with this line of reasoning...

19. #19 / 27
    Premium Member Andernut
    Rank
    Lieutenant General
    Rank Posn

IRoll11s wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app_2373072738&gid=301677411413#/group.php?v=wall&gid=301677411413

Right now it's open to everyone to upload photos post discussion and on the wall and all that other stuff I'm still trying to figure out.   I basically use FB to keep track of my nieces and nephews so don't be sending me friend requests and all that other Web 2.0 happy crappy.

So what makes this link open up in the same window for me instead of automatically popping up in a new one? 

20. #20 / 27
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn

Um... pink unicorns? Seriously I have no idea, I didn't do anything special or weird when I posted that original message. Just a link.

-John Hancock-

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   12   (2 in total)