211 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   1   (1 in total)
  1. #1 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

How many premium members use Work Mode?  If you do, have you noticed any maps that look bad in Work Mode but fine in Default Mode or vice-versa?

Just curious since I noticed some transparency looks different between the two modes.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

Seek Yours Today. Get Uncomfortable.

2. #2 / 16
    Standard Member Norseman
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

I use it. The only problem I've noticed is with the card labels not appearing, and that's already being addressed.

3. #3 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i use work mode too. and only once did i switch back to normal mode; but i was so used to the white that the black totally threw me off. so i can't say that i've done a comparison between the two, but i haven't noticed anything really wrong or distracting other than the card labels (as mentioned already being addressed) and the color of the trade in buttons from light grey to slightly less light grey is a pain in the a...

in the transparency you noticed - are they much different, poorer on the work mode? which ones? i'd like to check them out.

Don't Taze Me Bro!

4. #4 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

weathertop wrote:
    in the transparency you noticed - are they much different, poorer on the work mode? which ones? i'd like to check them out.

This board game: AstroGear 2210, I was going for the look associated to Non-Work Mode, so Work Mode looks less good to me.

Cram's Infection looks a bit different too, and his recent fix to show water borders may not work as well for the Work Mode.

I just started thinking about getting dinged in ratings or something because of the two modes.

What's Your Passion?

A cure? Three simple molecules? Building for the small? Compassion for children?

5. #5 / 16
    Major General asm asm is offline now
    Standard Member asm
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Suggestion: When you go to switch over to work mode have a popup notifying you that it is intended for stealth use and not for permanent use and as such has not been tested as much or integrated as thoroughly into the rest of the site, and that not everything is going to look quite the same. That way if people complain about something that they only get because they're in work mode, well, they're stupid.

Cramchakle wrote: [anything]
    I agree

6. #6 / 16
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

In the new version of the Player, the background color is set to dark (i.e. near black) when in work mode - this is to fix problems like this where there is board transparency but it looks wrong. I don't think designers want to waste time getting their board to look right in both modes and I don't think it's a major work issue - if you have a game board displayed on screen then it's kind of a giveaway whether it has a black background or not.

7. #7 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: In the new version of the Player, the background color is set to dark (i.e. near black) when in work mode - this is to fix problems like this where there is board transparency but it looks wrong. I don't think designers want to waste time getting their board to look right in both modes and I don't think it's a major work issue - if you have a game board displayed on screen then it's kind of a giveaway whether it has a black background or not.

Sweet, I think that probably solves the potential "issues" in my previous post as well.

What's Your Passion?

8. #8 / 16
    WWI Flying Ace Red Baron
    Rank
    Private
    Rank Posn
    Unranked

I'm actually kind of surprised that white text on a black background is the standard. I always find this hard on the eyes.

9. #9 / 16
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

tom wrote: In the new version of the Player, the background color is set to dark (i.e. near black) when in work mode - this is to fix problems like this where there is board transparency but it looks wrong. I don't think designers want to waste time getting their board to look right in both modes and I don't think it's a major work issue - if you have a game board displayed on screen then it's kind of a giveaway whether it has a black background or not.

All -

I'm curious as to what the Work Mode was originally intended for?  I've found that as tom said, having a game board and player pictures/avatars is a dead giveaway that there is some non-work stuff going on.

I want to suggest the option of allowing work mode to turn off display of pictures within the site.  I'm interested in work mode allowing me to go onto the site and read the forums/messages/stats, etc. but not necessarily make any moves in games.  The white background is good and if there were no pictures/gameboards viewable then this would be ideal.

ATH

10. #10 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

There is the forum/game message preference for profile images: "Hide the display of player profile images when viewing forum threads and game messages to further enhance work mode."

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

11. #11 / 16
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Yertle wrote:

There is the forum/game message preference for profile images: "Hide the display of player profile images when viewing forum threads and game messages to further enhance work mode."

this combined with just not going to the boards section or opening up your game(s) and you should be good.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

12. #12 / 16
    Standard Member AttilaTheHun
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

ha! excellent!

Thank you

13. #13 / 16
    Premium Member Yertle
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Of course, there perhaps could be an option to hide the Game/Board Preview image on a Game View page which could make reading messages without showing images a bit more discreet, with a link to show the Game/Board Preview image if clicked to show.

Check out WarGear Gear at the WarGear Zazzle Store!

"But many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first." Matthew 19:30 - Good strategy for life and WarGear!

14. #14 / 16
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Is it allowed to play at work ?

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

15. #15 / 16
    Commander In Chief tom tom is offline now
    WarGear Admin tom
    Rank
    Commander In Chief
    Rank Posn

Yes. I spoke to your boss and he doesn't mind.

16. #16 / 16
    Standard Member Toto
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

Great. Could you ask him to give me a raise too ?

Two Eyes for An Eye, The Jaw for A Tooth

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   1   (1 in total)