226 Open Daily games
1 Open Realtime game
    Pages:   «««525354555657585960   (60 in total)
  1. #1141 / 1197
    Premium Member Kjeld
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:Just throwing out an idea: Should we be moving to a new board every 2 months? These days games seem to take slightly longer to fill and slightly longer to finish than they did maybe 5 years ago. So we make a pick on the 1st, create a half dozen games on that board, those games get started a few days later, and take 3-4 weeks to finish. It means for every pick, we're only playing that initial round of games that are started. Maybe if we space out the picks to 2 months (or maybe even 3), we might end up that first round of games finishing and then the we'll ask the BRG members who win those games to kick off another round of games, meaning we could get 10 or 20 games played on the board before we migrate to a new board. I'm just trying to get more people involved.

Personally - with these new boards I've never played before, I don't want to join all 5 of the first set of games that are being played, becuase I want to play the first game and get a feel for the board, and then start a second and third game a few weeks later after I know how to play it so that I can enjoy those game after getting my @$$ handed to me on the first round by the likes of MadBomber (who always seems to grasp the tactics on day 1)....or the rest of you beautiful people.

+1 -- giving a little more time to develop a deeper appreciation for the board of the moment seems preferable to me, as well.

2. #1142 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

BorisTheFrugal wrote:Just throwing out an idea: Should we be moving to a new board every 2 months? These days games seem to take slightly longer to fill and slightly longer to finish than they did maybe 5 years ago. So we make a pick on the 1st, create a half dozen games on that board, those games get started a few days later, and take 3-4 weeks to finish. It means for every pick, we're only playing that initial round of games that are started. Maybe if we space out the picks to 2 months (or maybe even 3), we might end up that first round of games finishing and then the we'll ask the BRG members who win those games to kick off another round of games, meaning we could get 10 or 20 games played on the board before we migrate to a new board. I'm just trying to get more people involved.

Personally - with these new boards I've never played before, I don't want to join all 5 of the first set of games that are being played, becuase I want to play the first game and get a feel for the board, and then start a second and third game a few weeks later after I know how to play it so that I can enjoy those game after getting my @$$ handed to me on the first round by the likes of MadBomber (who always seems to grasp the tactics on day 1)....or the rest of you beautiful people.

+1 on moving to a 2 month rotation. I also would like to join just 1 or 2 of the initial games and then another 1 a few weeks later after getting a feel for the map.

3. #1143 / 1197
    Enginerd weathertop
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

i'd throw a +1 to that. i especially like the idea of having winners of those games start a new flurry of games on it.

also; maybe it'll allow me the time to create more than just a few in that first flurry. but then as BTF points our, we're showing our age (some of us anyway) - and even that may not help.

I'm a man.
    But I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess...

4. #1144 / 1197
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

+1 for a follow-up round on the revived board.

Maybe supplement the board revival group with a board survival group?

5. #1145 / 1197
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I'm back! Let me think for a minute.

6. #1146 / 1197
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

READY OR NOT ITS ZOMBIE TIME!

7. #1147 / 1197
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

I made 3. I will be Zombies in one. Anyone else free to create one and try their hand at the zombies

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81381212

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81381213

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81381214

8. #1148 / 1197
    Prime Amidon37
    Rank
    General
    Rank Posn

9. #1149 / 1197
    Standard Member BTdubs
    Rank
    Colonel
    Rank Posn

Appropriate board to bring back from the dead.

10. #1150 / 1197
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

11. #1151 / 1197
    Standard Member Johasi Vidad
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I'm definitely not against this and you've already gotten lots of support. I think we move to 2 and see how that feels.

12. #1152 / 1197
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Johasi Vidad wrote:June pick goes to smess2 (PMed)
    July pick goes to Xrayjay
    August pick goes to Klaranth

Thank you for your patience

To update this

Klaranth will pick in September now

13. #1153 / 1197
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Started up one of each scenario

14. #1154 / 1197
    Premium Member Shredder
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Klaranth still with us?? Haven't seen him playing in forever?

15. #1155 / 1197
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

I don't think so after checking that he hasn't been on since February.

Edited Sat 12th Aug 22:31 [history]

16. #1156 / 1197
    Rank
    Major
    Rank Posn

Replacing him, Thingol will pick in September.

Reminder we switched to Bi-monthly board picks so feel free to start up some second rounds

17. #1157 / 1197
    Standard Member Abishai
    Rank
    Brigadier General
    Rank Posn

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81388881

Another one if anyone is interested. Random Zombie.

18. #1158 / 1197
    Standard Member Xrayjay
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Rank Posn

19. #1159 / 1197
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

I will probably select my LOTR map - I'll put a couple variations of the map out there in a couple days along with the links.

I will focus on variations 4 thru 7.

Edited Wed 30th Aug 18:19 [history]

20. #1160 / 1197
    Standard Member Thingol
    Rank
    Major General
    Rank Posn

Created 4 games, link below:

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81390017 BRG1 - LOTR Default SP

https://www.wargear.net/games/join/81390018 BRG2 - LOTR Factories - SP

[DELETED] BRG3 - LOTR - Towers - SP

[DELETED] BRG4 - Orthanc - SP

I didn't create any team games, but any of these versions allows for it, if someone wants to create one. (I just played a team game recently, so I'm not anxious to play another just yet)

Edited Tue 5th Sep 09:24 [history]

You need to log in to reply to this thread   Login | Join

Pages:   «««525354555657585960   (60 in total)